Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

July 12 at 6:45am CT | Holy Stone HS200 FPV RC Drone | Prices start at $1   (Super-limited quantities)

WTF (Woot's Totally Fun-tastic) Pricing is a way for us to give you a chance at a ridiculous price on a specific deal without losing our shirts. Here's how it works:

Date: Thursday, July 12
Where: It's happening on this page (Deal will appear "Sold Out" until WTF Pricing starts)
Times: Here's the schedule (times may vary a minute or two):

6:45am CT: The deal launches at $1. There are just a few at this price. If you missed it, stay on that page for the next offer.

6:55am CT: The deal launches at $15. Once again, there are just a few at this price.

7:05am CT: The deal launches at $30.98. Missed it again? Keep trying.

7:15am CT: The deal launches at $46.99.

7:25am CT: The deal launches at $56.99.

7:35am CT: The deal launches at its final price of $69.99.

HINTS, TIPS, and EXPECTATIONS

• WTF Pricing is for this one offer only.

When the offer is live, click on it to try and buy it. A lot of other people will be clicking on it too.

• If you miss an offer, keep trying. Refresh the WTF page (F5 key on a PC) until the sale goes live again.

There are only a few quantities at each price point. Not just one, but not dozens. A FEW. Each level will sell out really quickly. Most likely you're not going to get one for $1. BUT YOU NEVER KNOW.

When you click on the offer, you might be ushered into Woot's Vestibule of Patience, the queue of customers who are trying to order. From there, you'll either be taken to the checkout page, or our servers will hiccup and kick you out to Woot's main page.

• You may get a message that your order has been denied or canceled. This just means that we ran out of inventory at that price before we could complete your order. Most likely this is going to happen, so just be ready for the disappointment.

And hey, if you ARE lucky enough to get the deal at one of the crazy-low prices, post about it in the thread below, or on social media, so other Wooters don't think this is some bait and switch deal. We can say it's not, but the internet never believes anyone. Help a Woot out, OK?

THANKS FOR READING AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL LITTLE WOOTERS

First Sale Sold Out
Second Sale Sold Out
Third Sale Sold Out
Fourth Sale Sold Out
Fifth Sale Sold Out

bsmith1

quality posts: 153 Private Messages bsmith1

Dang...aren't you supposed to sleep in on your birthday?

qazxswe

quality posts: 15 Private Messages qazxswe
bsmith1 wrote:Dang...aren't you supposed to sleep in on your birthday?

What do you care? You'll be getting this for $1, and then again for $15.

I also see that TT closed the trick which people used to get to the $1 very quickly.

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

dest581

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dest581
bsmith1 wrote:Dang...aren't you supposed to sleep in on your birthday?

Some folks stay awake, full of anxiety. I try to only do that for Christmas and job interviews.

peaceetc

quality posts: 72 Private Messages peaceetc

It starts at 4:45am Pacific?! Are you nuts? I'm pretty sure anything starting before 9am is illegal. I don't think time even exists before 6am. Therefore, this is both impossible and illegal. It's like you're trying to divide by zero and you just can't do that, Woot! Even on your birthday!

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

bsmith1

quality posts: 153 Private Messages bsmith1
qazxswe wrote:What do you care? You'll be getting this for $1, and then again for $15.

I also see that TT closed the trick which people used to get to the $1 very quickly.

Nah, I'll be on my home 150mbps internet and not my work's hella fast connection. No chance.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington
peaceetc wrote:It starts at 4:45am Pacific?! Are you nuts? I'm pretty sure anything starting before 9am is illegal. I don't think time even exists before 6am. Therefore, this is both impossible and illegal. It's like you're trying to divide by zero and you just can't do that, Woot! Even on your birthday!

Agreed. I wake up early, but that's too early even for fishin'!

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 53 Private Messages digitaljanitor
daveinwarshington wrote:Agreed. I wake up early, but that's too early even for fishin'!

If you're fishin' with worms, Dave, ya GOTTA get up early, before Wooster gets them.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

shyxgrl

quality posts: 42 Private Messages shyxgrl
peaceetc wrote:It starts at 4:45am Pacific?! Are you nuts? I'm pretty sure anything starting before 9am is illegal. I don't think time even exists before 6am. Therefore, this is both impossible and illegal. It's like you're trying to divide by zero and you just can't do that, Woot! Even on your birthday!

THIS!!

ponagathos

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ponagathos

Stop complaining. Just think of all on the east coast who have had to stay up until 1 AM since Woot came into existence. And then will miss this 7:45 AM thingy because they are in the shower getting ready for work!

WoosterRooster

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WoosterRooster
digitaljanitor wrote:If you're fishin' with worms, Dave, ya GOTTA get up early, before Wooster gets them.

Cluck Cluck
Ya gotta get up early for those big juicy worms!

yawn... Nothing going on tonight. I'll go hit the roost.

Good night & Happy Birthday woot!

I'm Wooster, the Woot Rooster

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

My homie running this is in Seattle. I’m sure he will be questioning his life choices in 5 hours.

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

peaceetc

wajeremy wrote:My homie running this is in Seattle. I’m sure he will be questioning his life choices in 5 hours.

Well, to be fair, he does work for Woot so he's probably already resigned to his fate.

qazxswe

peaceetc wrote:Well, to be fair, he does work for Woot so he's probably already resigned to his fate.

Ha!

wenda86

quality posts: 22 Private Messages wenda86

Fire up the AWS instance, closest to woot server. Isn't this called cheating?

joshsyuen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshsyuen

Come onnnn come onnn!

digitaljanitor

Made it to the VoP anyway

peaceetc

I did well! And by that I mean I totally failed!

joshsyuen

I am too VoP

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1037 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Wow! That's fast people.

Congrats to those that got one!

There are a LOT of people trying.

Good morning to you all!!!!

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

JDSardone

quality posts: 23 Private Messages JDSardone

wow someone got one as a first woot...

digitaljanitor

ThunderThighs wrote:Wow! That's fast people.

Congrats to those that got one!

There are a LOT of people trying.

Good morning to you all!!!!

Good Morning

qazxswe

Woke up 15 minutes ago by mistake.

Will try for the second tier, and then when I fail to get one, will go back to sleep for another hour+.

joshsyuen

JDSardone wrote:wow someone got one as a first woot...

inb4 some script kiddie cheater

owlhooter

quality posts: 38 Private Messages owlhooter

So why is it the VoP never refreshes away when an item actually does sell out. It's like never ending hope of disappointment. lol

peaceetc

Whoo, did the site just go bye-bye for everyone for a minute or two or was I just special? I'd honestly be disappointed if the server didn't go down at least once today, so I'm glad we got it out of the way early.

KCFalcon59

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KCFalcon59

Wow. I got all the way through payment and when I check back to look at receipt it says cancelled. That is some bs right there. How does that happen?

15 X to date.

APDWaldo6

quality posts: 23 Private Messages APDWaldo6
peaceetc wrote:Whoo, did the site just go bye-bye for everyone for a minute or two or was I just special? I'd honestly be disappointed if the server didn't go down at least once today, so I'm glad we got it out of the way early.

yeah me too been getting error messages just trying to respond in the forums

x26x37

peaceetc

KCFalcon59 wrote:Wow. I got all the way through payment and when I check back to look at receipt it says cancelled. That is some bs right there. How does that happen?

It means they sold out just as your order was being processed. The blog post about this sale addresses it.

peaceetc

qazxswe wrote:Woke up 15 minutes ago by mistake.

Will try for the second tier, and then when I fail to get one, will go back to sleep for another hour+.

I haven't been to sleep yet, though I did try. This is a problem.

ThunderThighs

Staff

KCFalcon59 wrote:Wow. I got all the way through payment and when I check back to look at receipt it says cancelled. That is some bs right there. How does that happen?

From above:
You may get a message that your order has been denied or canceled. This just means that we ran out of inventory at that price before we could complete your order. Most likely this is going to happen, so just be ready for the disappointment.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

todaresq

quality posts: 83 Private Messages todaresq

I had an alarm set on my work cell, immediately clicked the banner in the Woot app on my personal phone, and it went to a page where TT had “Oooo, it’s almost time“.

I backed out quick to click the banner again and it said the same thing, and this was about 4 seconds in.

Did it again, and it showed the item. 8 seconds in at most. Clicked that, and it was sold out.

App fail.

redsox63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redsox63

I didn't even have a chance to see it show in stock for the first 2 rounds! Crazy...

qazxswe

peaceetc wrote:I haven't been to sleep yet, though I did try. This is a problem.

Come back to me when I wake up, and I'll gladly discuss it with you then.

jpmcginley

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jpmcginley

I miss the OLD woot :-(

x2, x1 CABGx3

digitaljanitor

jpmcginley wrote:I miss the OLD woot :-(

Worst. Woot-off. Ever. (and it hasn't even started) ;)

Aviary

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Aviary

Was in the Vestibule of Patience for 10 minutes. Just as I was trying to open another tab to try for the 6:55 am line the VOP went to sign in - of course didn't get the item and lost any chance of getting in on the next level.

ThunderThighs

Staff

jpmcginley wrote:I miss the OLD woot :-(

Why?

Oh, and there's a shirt for that.

zhwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zhwoot

Why does it take so long time at the page of The Vestibule Of Patience? It is ridiculous.

shortyreadz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shortyreadz

I seemed to doze off while waiting in the $1 section of the Vestibule of Patience. It hasn't changed, I'm still in there.
I'm pretty sure I won't get anything, except 5 mins of sleep before my Clocky wakes me up.

x3