Woots Sold (rank):
Top 24% of Sellout Woots
Top 33% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

LG 65" LED 4K 120 HZ FULL WEB Smart TV
Price: $749.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Wednesday, Mar 14 to Thursday, Mar 15) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

stilesja

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stilesja

I bought this TV at Costco about a year ago. I paid about 1199 for it and then within about 30 days Costco put it on sale for 999 and then refunded me the difference.

I like it. It’s a nice picture. I like WebOS and the pointer remote. I wish it had an HBO Go app though. It does have Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu though so it should cover most bases. The picture is nice. It’s my first 4K tv and my only 4K content comes from Netflix and Prime. It looks good but nothing dramatically better than 1080p to my old eyes.

One thing that bugs me is the backlighting on credits scenes. It only lights up the sections which have content to display which is intended to give better contrast. But in reality this results in the credits being lit up in vertical bands with dark sections on either side of bright text. This has never affected actual video though only with text on screen.

I would recommend it for sure.

bbkf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bbkf

I was hoping to buy a canoe

spdmsw

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spdmsw
stilesja wrote:I bought this TV at Costco about a year ago. I paid about 1199 for it and then within about 30 days Costco put it on sale for 999 and then refunded me the difference.

I like it. It’s a nice picture. I like WebOS and the pointer remote. I wish it had an HBO Go app though. It does have Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu though so it should cover most bases. The picture is nice. It’s my first 4K tv and my only 4K content comes from Netflix and Prime. It looks good but nothing dramatically better than 1080p to my old eyes.

One thing that bugs me is the backlighting on credits scenes. It only lights up the sections which have content to display which is intended to give better contrast. But in reality this results in the credits being lit up in vertical bands with dark sections on either side of bright text. This has never affected actual video though only with text on screen.

I agree completely with everything you said. I have the same TV and love it. Paid 899 at Sams club so 750 for a refurb is a bit much but not terrible for a such a great unit. I think the OLED Lg's fix the identified issues with backlighting but still very pricey.

Killians1978

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Killians1978
bbkf wrote:I was hoping to buy a canoe

I woke up and checked woot when I was still bleary eyed and totally thought they were selling LED-lit canoes! My first thought was, "Cool, but dunno if I'd pay $750 for one."

Must have coffee before wooting.

its451

quality posts: 0 Private Messages its451
spdmsw wrote:I agree completely with everything you said. I have the same TV and love it. Paid 899 at Sams club so 750 for a refurb is a bit much but not terrible for a such a great unit. I think the OLED Lg's fix the identified issues with backlighting but still very pricey.

All OLED tv's don't have any backlighting issues since they don't have any backlighting at all. Each diode lights itself (Organic Light Emitting Diode)

luc08g

quality posts: 2 Private Messages luc08g
its451 wrote:All OLED tv's don't have any backlighting issues since they don't have any backlighting at all. Each diode lights itself (Organic Light Emitting Diode)

Well he's not wrong...

hogsman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hogsman
stilesja wrote:I bought this TV at Costco about a year ago. I paid about 1199 for it and then within about 30 days Costco put it on sale for 999 and then refunded me the difference.

=============================

You can change the settings to turn off the local dimming - that will get rid of the vertical bands. If you turn off some of the settings like local dimming, real cinema, etc., the picture improves (in my opinion).