WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Redline Watches

"rrrRRRRrrrrrEEEE!" Will someone shut that off!? I get it, we're selling Red Line watches, but I don't see the need to have an alarm go off. And then the individual alarms for each watch? Are you kidding me? PLEASE someone buy these watches so I don't have to put up with this racket.
Red Line official site

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 43 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

The movement is very important in automatic watches, unlike quartz electronic watches in which the movement is pretty much an afterthought. Among Japanese movements I favor Orient and Seiko. However, the Miyota 8217 movement is an inexpensive but reliable mass produced mechanism with a satisfactory reputation. The whole thing doesn't cost much more than a watch battery. So these Redline automatic watches should run pretty well for at least a few years. The styling is definitely not conservative, but who wants to be subtle all the time? Sometimes bright colors and big numbers are just right.

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 43 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

The 24 hour subdial is handy if you work for the NSA listening to people's cell phone calls. At least you can tell if it's day or night topside.