WootBot


quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

HP EliteDesk 800-G1 Intel i7 SFF Desktops

Last Purchase:
10 days ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 11% of Sellout Woots
Top 18% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 12% of Sellout Woots
Top 18% of all Woots



Quality Posts


dj0d1s


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dj0d1s

Does it also run on 110-120?

Stats state 240v.

verucht


quality posts: 2 Private Messages verucht

this desktop is NOT capable of:

-reading floppy disks, minidiscs, 8-track tapes, vinyl lps, laserdiscs or vhs tapes

...technically, with the right adapters and hardware, it could do those things.

100% Me, no filler

8792c


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8792c
dj0d1s wrote:Does it also run on 110-120?

Stats state 240v.



It is 110-120 volt. The 240 is the watts the power supply is capable of supplying

rockstarinlife


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockstarinlife
verucht wrote:this desktop is NOT capable of:

-reading floppy disks, minidiscs, 8-track tapes, vinyl lps, laserdiscs or vhs tapes

...technically, with the right adapters and hardware, it could do those things.



What about Betamax tapes?

dinkledort


quality posts: 2 Private Messages dinkledort

To the casual PC user this seems like a fairly beefy setup. Only weakness that jumps out at me is the video card. Will someone who knows stuff comment on that, please? Adequate for typical internet browsing and video streaming (Netflix HD, but not 4k), I’m guessing, right? Would it hold you back in gaming? Any reason you couldn’t upgrade if it came to that?

Any other weaknesses of note?

Thank you,
Chris
(Someone who knows some stuff but not lots of stuff)

lgoodlove


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lgoodlove
dinkledort wrote:To the casual PC user this seems like a fairly beefy setup. Only weakness that jumps out at me is the video card. Will someone who knows stuff comment on that, please? Adequate for typical internet browsing and video streaming (Netflix HD, but not 4k), I’m guessing, right? Would it hold you back in gaming? Any reason you couldn’t upgrade if it came to that?

Any other weaknesses of note?

Thank you,
Chris
(Someone who knows some stuff but not lots of stuff)



You are not going to be doing modern gaming on this intel graphics. Maybe some lightweight or dated games will run fine. Biggest weakness is definitely the graphics. Also if you want to upgrade and add in a graphics card it will have to fit in the small form factor this case has, and you'll be limited by the power supply's output. This is going to be pretty fast (especially with SSD) for any casual PC user and the CPU is going to be "fast" for some time to come, spend some money in a year or so and upgrade to 16GB or 32GB of RAM and you will probably have a "fast" computer for years for a cheap price.

dinkledort


quality posts: 2 Private Messages dinkledort
lgoodlove wrote:You are not going to be doing modern gaming on this intel graphics. Maybe some lightweight or dated games will run fine. Biggest weakness is definitely the graphics. Also if you want to upgrade and add in a graphics card it will have to fit in the small form factor this case has, and you'll be limited by the power supply's output. This is going to be pretty fast (especially with SSD) for any casual PC user and the CPU is going to be "fast" for some time to come, spend some money in a year or so and upgrade to 16GB or 32GB of RAM and you will probably have a "fast" computer for years for a cheap price.



Great, thanks! That was my feeling as well, so I appreciate the confirmation.

Chris

FarNorth


quality posts: 1 Private Messages FarNorth

No wireless connectivity?
Wow. I didn't know they made dinosaurs like that any more.

At least it has an optical reader/writer, which many units dispense with, these days. Too bad it doesn't read/write BluRay in addition to DVDs ad CDs.

laart


quality posts: 1 Private Messages laart

1) The photos show a blank cover where the DVD-RW drive should be, but the specs do list a DVD+-RW drive. Are the pics wrong?
2) Can woot staff post a photo of the back?

Thx!

8792c


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8792c
dinkledort wrote:Great, thanks! That was my feeling as well, so I appreciate the confirmation.

Chris



Just to add in, this is actually a great deal even for someone looking to game on it. The cpu would probably be good even for another few years. Current Intel offerings are only a marginal bit better.

The power supply really is not much here at 240 Watt max. But you may be able to sneak in a nvidia gtx 1050 low profile card( low profile is the key here because this is not a full size desktop and requires a smaller form factor) for a little over $100 that should be very decent for most games on lower settings. Plus they are low wattage and do not require extra power connectors

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

laart wrote:1) The photos show a blank cover where the DVD-RW drive should be, but the specs do list a DVD+-RW drive. Are the pics wrong?
2) Can woot staff post a photo of the back?

Thx!


We don't get samples so we have to use stock photos. Go by the specs.

Sorry, we don't have a back photo.


To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Skyeblue16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skyeblue16

Does it come with any software/programs?

dinkledort


quality posts: 2 Private Messages dinkledort
8792c wrote:Just to add in, this is actually a great deal even for someone looking to game on it. The cpu would probably be good even for another few years. Current Intel offerings are only a marginal bit better.

The power supply really is not much here at 240 Watt max. But you may be able to sneak in a nvidia gtx 1050 low profile card( low profile is the key here because this is not a full size desktop and requires a smaller form factor) for a little over $100 that should be very decent for most games on lower settings. Plus they are low wattage and do not require extra power connectors



Thanks! I bought one!
Chris