WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What's the best American theme park?
  • 10.7% - Disneyland 74
  • 31.3% - Disney World 216
  • 2% - Dollywood 14
  • 9.6% - Six Flags (any location) 66
  • 14.7% - Cedar Point 101
  • 5.7% - Hersheypark 39
  • 1.9% - Knott's Berry Farm 13
  • 10.7% - Universal Studios 74
  • 5.5% - Busch Gardens 38
  • 2% - SeaWorld 14
  • 1.3% - Carowinds 9
  • 4.5% - Legoland 31
689 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

jcbroyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcbroyes

You forgot Holiday World-in Santa Claus, Indiana. It is the oldest theme park in the U.S. They also have Splashin' Safari on the premises. Free sunscreen & soft drinks & parking. Current regular adult ticket is $50 (both parks included)...versus around $100 at some of the other parks listed-plus those parks charge for parking!

netprophet1976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netprophet1976

Kennywood, Pittsburgh, PA.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 86 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Disneyland.
The first. The best.

maggie3052

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maggie3052

I said Carowinds since it's in my hood. Disneyworld, if you include all the other parks in the area is the best. Once I win the lottery, I'll visit.

bdobie19

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdobie19
netprophet1976 wrote:Kennywood, Pittsburgh, PA.

I do really like Kennywood, but cedar Point still edges it out.

ardubu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ardubu

Wally World! Griswolds... Here we come...

Ah, the hell with it.

gmcreager

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gmcreager
bdobie19 wrote:I do really like Kennywood, but cedar Point still edges it out.

Cedar Point for sure! Roller coaster capital of the world!

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Calgaltoal
daveinwarshington wrote:Disneyland.
The first. The best.

Yes, this. I went a couple of years after it was built. It was our Christmas surprise. It also our parents trying to smooth over, the big move from California to Alabama in a Naval transfer.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

Walt Disney World is actually a complex of several theme parks. They acquired a lot of land in Orange County, FL because they simply ran out of space at the anemic, cramped Disney Land.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

cm20158

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cm20158

Went to Disneyland a few years after it opened. Something to one up other kids with.
But I grew up in Hershey, so I'm biased.

netprophet1976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netprophet1976
bdobie19 wrote:I do really like Kennywood, but cedar Point still edges it out.

And on the poll I voted Cedar Point. But for pure nostalgia, Kennywood is #1.

glynis37

quality posts: 13 Private Messages glynis37

Having just seen some amazing old stuff from Knott's Berry Farm at auction, I would have loved it. Same reason I will always remember and miss Roseland Park (Canandaigua, NY).

I liked Epcot and I would love to see Universal's "World of Harry Potter".

MommaBeary

quality posts: 13 Private Messages MommaBeary
cm20158 wrote:...

EXACTLY! I grew up close, so that's where we went every summer. :D

cainemarko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cainemarko

2.2% for SeaWorld? You've obviously never seen Blackfish.

SHAME!!!
SHAME!!!
SHAME!!!

lightingal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lightingal

THEME park??? And you didn't include Silver Dollar City? It's set back in the Ozarks in the 1800's - remember, the Beverly Hillbillies filmed a few episodes there... THAT is a THEME park... ;)

Without lighting, it's just radio...

moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138

Honeymooned at Disney World. Wouldn't think of doing the same at Cedar Point although it is closer.

foobarski

quality posts: 6 Private Messages foobarski

I know Cedar Point has them beat for overall coasterage, but as a southwest Ohioan, I gotta stand up for Kings Island.

"Is there anything a man don't stand to lose, when the devil wants to take it all away?
Cherish well your thoughts, and keep a tight grip on your booze.
Cause thinkin' and drinkin' are all I have today."
-- John Perry Barlow / Bob Weir ("Mexicali Blues")

kandrassy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kandrassy

Knott's Berry Farm is the first theme park and for a long time was the best by far until Cedar Fair bought it and took out all the neat old timey stuff and haunted crap (being in Peanuts Playhouse felt like something wanted to kill you) and replaced it with thrill coasters. Now it is like a crappy podunk carnival.

woottoow2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woottoow2

Cedar Point with the kids! Wish I had gone sooner

dfp430

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfp430
cm20158 wrote:Went to Disneyland a few years after it opened. Something to one up other kids with.

I grew up a few hours from Hersey. Basically I said Hersey for the atmosphere and the SMELL! YUUUMMM!

cm20158

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cm20158
dfp430 wrote:I grew up a few hours from Hersey. Basically I said Hersey for the atmosphere and the SMELL! YUUUMMM!

The smell was amazing. Unfortunately the new factory is sealed. Still have the Reese's plant smell.

Boltz20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Boltz20

Heck yeah Holiday World! I've only been once but it was definitely the best time I've had at a theme park.

glynis37

quality posts: 13 Private Messages glynis37
kandrassy wrote:Knott's Berry Farm is the first theme park and for a long time was the best by far until Cedar Fair bought it and took out all the neat old timey stuff and haunted crap (being in Peanuts Playhouse felt like something wanted to kill you) and replaced it with thrill coasters. Now it is like a crappy podunk carnival.

Trust me, there are no thrill coasters, or thrills of any kind, at a crappy podunk carnival.

brahmin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brahmin
daveinwarshington wrote:Disneyland.
The first. The best.

HEAR, HEAR!

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

Come on people. Carowinds... They have Fury 325...

https://www.carowinds.com/play/rides/fury-325

entouragevol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entouragevol
lightingal wrote:THEME park??? And you didn't include Silver Dollar City? It's set back in the Ozarks in the 1800's - remember, the Beverly Hillbillies filmed a few episodes there... THAT is a THEME park... ;)

The one in my area is now Dollywood

miscreant1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages miscreant1

Busch Gardens, I mean come on it's a theme park built around beer. What could be more American than that.

sheilasu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheilasu
jcbroyes wrote:You forgot Holiday World-in Santa Claus, Indiana. It is the oldest theme park in the U.S. They also have Splashin' Safari on the premises. Free sunscreen & soft drinks & parking. Current regular adult ticket is $50 (both parks included)...versus around $100 at some of the other parks listed-plus those parks charge for parking!