Top 2% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Triangle Bulbs LED 10 Pack - Your Choice
Price: $28.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Mar 21 to Wednesday, Mar 22) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

ls3mach

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ls3mach

Much cheaper at Lowe's.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 991 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ls3mach wrote:Much cheaper at Lowe's.

Possibly for different brands but they don't carry Triangle Bulbs.

Also notice that these are dimmable.

*** Play TT's Clue - Thursdays at 3PM CT ***
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ziggy49

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ziggy49
ls3mach wrote:Much cheaper at Lowe's.

not for dimmable 75 watt equivalent

gbottles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gbottles

These are dimmable, 75 watt equivalents. I bought a case of 24 - 60 watt equivalent from= lowes at $2.28 a bulb non-dimmable This looks like a good deal if they are decent quality.

ziggy49

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ziggy49
gbottles wrote:These are dimmable, 75 watt equivalents. I bought a case of 24 - 60 watt equivalent from= lowes at $2.28 a bulb non-dimmable This looks like a good deal if they are decent quality.

Walmart has 60 watt equivalent dimmable in 4 packs $2/bulb if you want less than 24 at a time

fzero169

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fzero169

FYI

You may see low cost LED bulbs using an E27 base on eBay and Amazon from foreign suppliers. While these technically will work in E26 bases, this is usually a sure indication that the bulb was not strictly designed for the US market and this bulb may lack a proper North American, UL or ETL safety certification and therefore should be avoided.

woncoolone

quality posts: 4088 Private Messages woncoolone

scifiwooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scifiwooter

Can we get confirmation of UL cert?
This cost per bulb for 1055 lumen isn't bad. Most 60 watt equivalent led bulbs are 600-800 lumen.

adr5

quality posts: 9 Private Messages adr5
scifiwooter wrote:Can we get confirmation of UL cert?
This cost per bulb for 1055 lumen isn't bad. Most 60 watt equivalent led bulbs are 600-800 lumen.

The pictures show a UL on the box.

scifiwooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scifiwooter
adr5 wrote:The pictures show a UL on the box.

Thanks. Missed when I was looking.

Nickyboker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nickyboker

$1 at dollar tree. dimmable too

charliecarroll

quality posts: 110 Private Messages charliecarroll

Am I the only person left in the states that misses incandescent light bulbs?

mrbrown09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrbrown09

Is there any indication of the CRI? (color rendering index) Less than 85 may make your paint colors look a little "off"

bakerzdosen

quality posts: 16 Private Messages bakerzdosen

I've had nothing but good experiences with Triangle bulbs. I've got mr16 and e26 base (like these) dimmable bulbs and have nothing but good things to say about them. I like them as much as (if not more than) Philips LEDs.

I replaced all of the CFLs (that my builder put in my new house) with either Philips or Triangle bulbs, otherwise I'd be all over a pack or two of these.

I actually might still get a pack to replace some of the non-dimmable Philips...

midgetlove976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midgetlove976
ziggy49 wrote:Walmart has 60 watt equivalent dimmable in 4 packs $2/bulb if you want less than 24 at a time

Link?

rootatlocalhost

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rootatlocalhost
charliecarroll wrote:Am I the only person left in the states that misses incandescent light bulbs?

Tried your local hardware store?

That said, I find 27K K and 60W or less LEDs passable.

jkrowling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkrowling
mrbrown09 wrote:Is there any indication of the CRI? (color rendering index) Less than 85 may make your paint colors look a little "off"

These have a CRI of 84

k9sar

quality posts: 8 Private Messages k9sar
charliecarroll wrote:Am I the only person left in the states that misses incandescent light bulbs?

Little girls around the country with easy-bake ovens are shedding yet another tear

k9sar

quality posts: 8 Private Messages k9sar

I would take advantage of this deal except that I have no applications for 75W equiv bulbs.

scooter550

quality posts: 7 Private Messages scooter550
k9sar wrote:Little girls around the country with easy-bake ovens are shedding yet another tear

Have you seen an easy-bake oven lately? It's been years since they've used an incandescent bulb. With new ones you're lucky if you can make four nickel-sized cakes or cookies in an hour. Maybe they do use led bulbs...

Gratuitous my little game dev site plug!

billmort

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billmort
scooter550 wrote:Have you seen an easy-bake oven lately? It's been years since they've used an incandescent bulb. With new ones you're lucky if you can make four nickel-sized cakes or cookies in an hour. Maybe they do use led bulbs...

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/09/16/hasbros-new-easy-bake-oven-ditches-the-light-bulb/

saire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saire

Could you use these in place of a 60 watt bulb without fire or related issues? I'm always looking for brighter lighting for my ridiculously cave-like apartment.

not sent from an iPhone or an Android

btuck895

quality posts: 5 Private Messages btuck895
saire wrote:Could you use these in place of a 60 watt bulb without fire or related issues? I'm always looking for brighter lighting for my ridiculously cave-like apartment.

Since these are 12 watt, you shouldn't have any issues since they actually consume less power than what they're replacing.

btuck895

quality posts: 5 Private Messages btuck895

If you have Amazon Prime, the 6pack http://a.co/icbtIv8 is cheaper/ea than this 10pack after adding Woot's shipping cost.

saire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saire
btuck895 wrote:Since these are 12 watt, you shouldn't have any issues since they actually consume less power than what they're replacing.

That's what I thought and was hoping. Thank you so much!

not sent from an iPhone or an Android

brucethebarguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brucethebarguy

NO! They are so expensive now.

Sugary Sweetness

kaphinezero

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kaphinezero
woottoady wrote:I had these in my cart until I read these reviews:

FIRE HAZZARD

It literally blew the bulb portion off with a loud bang...

Great, until one exploded and another almost did

Same, was about to purchase these but it's a deal breaker.

Also some reviews are reporting bulbs dying within a year or less.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 110 Private Messages charliecarroll
k9sar wrote:Little girls around the country with easy-bake ovens are shedding yet another tear

You have to be kidding and certainly you are not so naive as to think that would be the only purpose the heat from the older bulbs were used. A lot of pipes have been saved from bursting (during sub freezing temps) because of them. Of course, you would have to know how to use them for that.

scooter550

quality posts: 7 Private Messages scooter550
charliecarroll wrote:You have to be kidding and certainly you are not so naive as to think that would be the only purpose the heat from the older bulbs were used. A lot of pipes have been saved from bursting (during sub freezing temps) because of them. Of course, you would have to know how to use them for that.

There are these thingies for reptiles, ceramic heaters that screw into light sockets aaaaahnd they don't burn out. Just say'n... you got other options.

Gratuitous my little game dev site plug!