WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you ever had to break up a dog fight?
  • 56.7% - Yes 185
  • 42.6% - No 139
  • 0.6% - I have something to say about this (comments) 2
326 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ardubu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ardubu

Yes, and a Cat fight!

Ah, the hell with it.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

I had to fly my Typhoon between a MiG and F-15 Eagle once. It was scary, but they both were running low on fuel and returned to their respective home bases.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

Daveymars

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Daveymars

Picture it...at 15 years old...walking home from lifeguard class when I see this:

Stray doberman/sheppard mix attacks and is trying to bite claw and otherwise destroy neighbor's pride and joy airdale... which is tied up and can't escape. They are really trying to do damage to each other... and really really hate each other...both of which like me. (thankfully) but not well enough to quit it from my shouting as I'm running to the mess...

I roll into (literally) the fight sandwiching the dobie's rib cage and spine with my forearms and using my hands on the base of the jaw and the top of it's skull--as though I'm immobilizing it's spine due to injury... (which we'd been practicing in class earlier that day...)

doing this while rolling... pull dobie into me and roll out of the dog fight with the dobie's under my control and away from the tied down airdale...

take dobie home and to grandpa who is a vet... have new family pet for next decade... airdale no worse for wear... immediate call to my mother from neighbor/airdale owner thanking me for doing it, but telling her that I'm nuts. (He'd told everyone in our small town the story because at 85 he'd never seen anything like it.)

When I kinda showed him what I did, my pet vet grandfather also thought I was nuts--but could see what I was thinking... LOL..
My lifeguarding instructor found out from the neighbor as well and congratulated me in front of the whole class for "finding a new use for yesterday's lesson"

I haven't thought of that in 30 years (i'm 48)

--Davey