WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you ever stood up to a bully?
  • 6% - No, I'm a coward 24
  • 13% - No, never had the opportunity 52
  • 38.1% - Yes, for myself 152
  • 41.6% - Yes, for someone else 166
  • 1.3% - I have something to say about this (comments) 5
399 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

For myself a few times, for somebody else once or twice.

I remember one time that I wanted to stand up for a friend, but that bully was really big; I regret to this day not doing so. Regret lasts longer than a black eye.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

davoh

quality posts: 8 Private Messages davoh

Back in high school, F'n bully sucker punched me and caught me right in the jaw. I went down but, got right back up and stood my ground. I wasn't going to show the jackass any fear.

ardubu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ardubu

High School Metal shop.
Idiot keep picking on me.
I just finished making a hammer.
He came over to me - I told him I would be happy to test it out on his head.
Anytime.
He never bothered me again.
He knew I was crazy enough.

Ah, the hell with it.

andefam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andefam

Only once for me after being bullied for several weeks.....he wound up with a broken nose.

A couple times for my kids (absolutely necessary if you are a parent as kids need to learn how to stand up for themselves.
And a couple times for other people that were butted in front of, pushed and harassed. It's not fun to watch that - but a lot more fun to watch the bully apologize.

kingkev15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingkev15

I am normally the bully so I don't stand up to bullys lol

pkrzycki

quality posts: 10 Private Messages pkrzycki

Yep, turns out it is really easy to break someone's nose.

bhetommy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhetommy

If I stand up to a bully and he's not a foot shorter than me, I just run!

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

My old boss and her cohort where bullies in the office. Always pushing people around and making things difficult for everyone with outdated procedures and attitude. When I got a promotion to be her equal, I stood up to her and her friend. I did what I thought was right. 6 months later, she worked with new manager to have me and my whole team laid off. I got a better job making 10K more. 1 year later, they laid her off as her cohort stabbed her in the back and she has been unemployed for year now. I even tried to hire her on my new team for what she was making before, but she refused to work for me. Oh well.

jgh33jgh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jgh33jgh

Yes, I voted for Hillary.

cainemarko

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cainemarko
jgh33jgh wrote:Yes, I voted for Hillary.

I'm sure if Vince Foster were here, he would balk at your definition of a bully.