WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Is your Christmas tree real or artificial?
  • 21.5% - Real 235
  • 50.3% - Artificial 549
  • 26.5% - Nonexistent 289
  • 1.6% - Something else (comments) 18
1091 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Calgaltoal

My main tree is real but the seven others are artificial.

dirtworship

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dirtworship

I have a four foot high and wide, 28 year mini. orange tree in a pot that I use as a Christmas tree. It has a ton of blossoms on it this year.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

My Festivus pole is real 6061-Alloy Aluminum.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

dirtworship

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dirtworship
Calgaltoal wrote:My main tree is real but the seven others are artificial.

inside or outside?

eblessman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eblessman

One of each, just as it is meant to be.

ned32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ned32

Ceramic

sjohnsonhere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjohnsonhere

My tree is metal and plastic, but it is real, not virtual, so maybe I should have said real.

netprophet1976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netprophet1976

My grandparents grew and sold Christmas trees, so I'm morally obligated to go real.

lilt002004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilt002004

I have made mine out of felt and it is attached to the wall. Keeps the animals from being demons.

doslover

quality posts: 1 Private Messages doslover

I've caught my artificial tree wishing upon its star; it wants so badly to be a real tree.

skyesmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skyesmom

No tree - large inflatable penguin and a prelit menagerie of animals including a pig, hedgehog and purple hippo!

pkrzycki

quality posts: 10 Private Messages pkrzycki

My trees have always been artificial, with the exception of the one that my parents had when I was about a year old, which gave me huge welts and made me have trouble breathing... Also, who thought that cutting a tree down and using it as a decoration inside your house for a month was a sane/good idea???

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 86 Private Messages daveinwarshington

I've never had a fake tree.

Except that one in the 60's when I was a kid.

It was shiny aluminum branches you stored in tubes. It has a noisy color wheel that slowly turned the tree four colors. The sound of a tiny motor straining to turn still brings tears to my eyes... lol...

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain
pkrzycki wrote:etc etc... Also, who thought that cutting a tree down and using it as a decoration inside your house for a month was a sane/good idea???

Germans.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

myimzadi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages myimzadi

I have to Christmas trees and they are both the about 16 inch tall ceramic things but you put those little plastic lights in and then you put a light bulb and it lights up. One of them we got off the side of the road actually it didn't have any little plastic lights in it but I bought some and now it's good as new. They may be dated but I think they're really pretty anyway

jackie31337

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jackie31337

My Christmas tree is technically real. It's a fir tree that grows outside our balcony. We put lights and decorations on it. We can't have a tree in the house because cats.

cm20158

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cm20158
daveinwarshington wrote:I've never had a fake tree.

Except that one in the 60's when I was a kid.

It was shiny aluminum branches you stored in tubes. It has a noisy color wheel that slowly turned the tree four colors. The sound of a tiny motor straining to turn still brings tears to my eyes... lol...

And were all the balls one color? I went through that one year. We had all green, the, all red, then all gold because my mom couldn't decide which she liked. Ended up with an aluminum tree with silver balls. It looked pretty cool. Very "60s.
We had "modern" furniture as well.

techwarrior

quality posts: 3 Private Messages techwarrior

My wife and I got married at a tree farm, so we return every year to support them by buying a real tree! Beautiful scenery.

They're good faithful people, and they kick off Trees for Troops every year. With the help of FedEx and the Christmas SPIRIT Foundation they are able to provide hundreds of trees all over the country and overseas to our service members!!

0ldeag1e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0ldeag1e

Ask me again about ten days from now.

RebelTaz

quality posts: 32 Private Messages RebelTaz

Nothing like going to a tree farm, picking out your tree, downing some free hot apple cider and sawing down the perfect tree.... just as your girlfriend shouts "Wait! does that one over there look better to you?" lol

✞ MERRY CHRISTMAS ✞

x44x2x2
... ...
--------------------------------
Until Woot Gets a "Notify" Option For New Forum Replies, You Might As Well Just Message Me!

Calgaltoal

dirtworship wrote:inside or outside?

Inside,1 gingerbread tree, 2. Snow related, 3. white Where's the Hershey's blue decorations, 4. white with gold/blue, 5. pink with turquoise, pink, geeen, brown, 6. Tree draped with fishnet and shells attached, in nautical room, 7. traditional colors tree, 8. Main tree with glass ornaments, 9. White with Alabama Crimson Tide tree

Calgaltoal

PocketBrain wrote:Germans.

Yes, my grandmother was German, BIG on Christmas. Evergreen tree for Gods everlasting love for us

chefkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chefkat

The one time we went and cut down our own real tree from a farm end up being the last time we ever had a real tree. Once the tree warmed up in the house spiders came crawling out of it. ACK!
I will stick to artificial.

techwarrior

quality posts: 3 Private Messages techwarrior
chefkat wrote:The one time we went and cut down our own real tree from a farm end up being the last time we ever had a real tree. Once the tree warmed up in the house spiders came crawling out of it. ACK!
I will stick to artificial.

We were warned about something similar, praying mantis nests. Not sure if I'd prefer spiders or little praying mantises. Mantii? Plural mantis?

Some operations have tree shakers to help with this in addition to removing the loose needles.

alohawoot1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alohawoot1

We have a 2-foot tall tree made of horseshoes. A string of lights is on it all year round and I sometimes decorate it with Christmas ornaments.

Skanning

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Skanning

The fire hazard of real trees simply isn't worth it. There are truly beautiful artificial trees out there and they're even pre-lit. We've used artificial trees since the 70s.

TruBluTopaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TruBluTopaz

We used to go out with the kids and cut down a tree in east Texas. It was fun-smelled wonderful-great bonding time. But I always worried about fire. I would spray it with water before it came in the house and water it twice a day. Then I insisted on taking it down as soon as possible-a real Debbie Downer for kids. So we opted for a nice artificial tree 15 years ago. My tree can now last until New Years and I don't spend my nights listening for the smoke alarm.

Trublutopaz, Queen of the Nil (sic)

vertabrae

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vertabrae
ned32 wrote:Ceramic

Yup, me too!