quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How are you with confrontation?
  • 22.4% - I'm great at it 207
  • 28.8% - I'm terrible at it 266
  • 42.1% - I'm somewhere in the middle 389
  • 6.8% - I have something 63
925 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Grandmawooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grandmawooter

Depends on my mood. Sometimes I let the confronter be a jackass, while other times you'll get my wrath for being a jackass.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

I used to be easy to intimidate, but I have perfected the Evil Eye. If push comes to shove, I'm up for a righteous fight, but I really don't want to be the craziest guy present. Pick your battles.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

When I was younger, I always backed down. Now I am older, I take a step back and let the person get it out. Then I calmly shut them down. The person who can control the situation wins. So I let them appear the idiot while I use a more strategic approach on how to deal with them.

chuckf1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chuckf1

Why are you asking this, Woot? Do you want a piece of me? Well do you. Punk.

davoh

quality posts: 8 Private Messages davoh

It depends on a few things. My mood, whether I'm alone or with my family and if it's a verbal or physical confrontation. If someone is just being a jackass and talking out of their sphincter, I keep walking. However, If I'm with my family and someone threatens their safety, all bets are off and I'm always ready to throw down to protect them.

glynis37

quality posts: 13 Private Messages glynis37

As a diagnosed social phobic, confrontations are nightmares. Yesterday I had to handle four of them, which left me with chest pains and nausea. Knowing I'll be starting round 2 on one of them Thursday isn't helping.

dootsie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dootsie

"I have something" pretty much sums up my confrontation style. Just blurting unfinished sentences and looking mighty uncomfortable.

Halieus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Halieus

I'm great at confrontation when I want to be... if you mean do I usually head off confrontation, control those that are attempting to be confrontational when they cannot be made to avoid confrontation, & then (if they persisted) shut them down rapidly.

Then there are the total jerks... and I want them to be confrontational... so I can verbally dominate them, decimate their illogic, publicly humiliate them, and not feel badly about it.

salvaljr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages salvaljr
davoh wrote:It depends on a few things. My mood, whether I'm alone or with my family and if it's a verbal or physical confrontation. If someone is just being a jackass and talking out of their sphincter, I keep walking. However, If I'm with my family and someone threatens their safety, all bets are off and I'm always ready to throw down to protect them.

Great answer! I agree. Family safety comes first.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.