WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you ever taken a nap under your desk?
  • 19.1% - Yes 275
  • 34.8% - No 501
  • 8.4% - I don't have a desk 121
  • 18.8% - More like at my desk 270
  • 18.9% - I've taken a nap at work before, but not under my desk 272
1439 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ohioplayer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ohioplayer

When I was in the military, during an exercise scenario, you had to take cover. If I was in an office, you'd get under the desk, with your chem gear on, at which point, I would go to sleep until the all clear was given...

snarkyman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages snarkyman

We moved an entire data center over 3 weekends, starting on Friday at 1700 finishing some time on Saturday. I slept for a few hours under my desk around 0600 on the last weekend, then worked until 1700.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

no, but I am sooooo tempted.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

myimzadi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages myimzadi

When I was working 1 part time job 3 full-time jobs plus running my own business plus attending school via correspondence online, I was often working double and triple shifts and after about a year it started catching up with me.
I've had zero days off after about three hundred and sixty days of work less than 5 hours sleep a day and I started falling asleep during lunch breaks.
Once I fell asleep after closing when I was counting the tills.
Woke up with the $20 bill plastered to my forehead.
I decided it was time to take a leave of absence from some of my jobs.

Plumeria10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Plumeria10

No desk. My naps are taken in my car under a shade tree in the park. Civilized.

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Calgaltoal

I only took a nap at work when I was pregnant. I was thirty-eight, teaching PreK, children having a one and a half hour nap. I would sit in my rocker, my children would bring me a footstool, making sure I was comfortable, sweet! I would sleep exactly thirty minutes(my break). I have never in the forty years slept on the job, except those months.