quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you ever stolen anything?
  • 37.8% - Yes, but just something little. 285
  • 8.9% - Yes, and it was something pretty big. 67
  • 19.1% - No, of course not! 144
  • 34.2% - I'LL NEVER TELL 258
754 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 85 Private Messages daveinwarshington

I was maybe 8 years old.
It doesn't count, though I kept the pen from my dentist last time (there was a bucket of them).

wphughes1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wphughes1

16.9 % of course not; haha hahaha ha ha ha ha ha.

Big WPH

mikerstein

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikerstein

Doesn't the fifth amendment preclude this question?

originalamber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages originalamber
wphughes1 wrote:16.9 % of course not; haha hahaha ha ha ha ha ha.

Now it's up to 18.2%. I still agree with your initial reaction.

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

I stole a small transformer back in the 80's by accident. They had a display and I was playing with it. My Mom called and I came running. 3 hours later, I found that I had knocked it into my coat when I left. The next week, I returned it discretely.

TheTexasTwister

quality posts: 29 Private Messages TheTexasTwister

I once stole a glance. Does that count?

miscreant1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages miscreant1
originalamber wrote:Now it's up to 18.2%. I still agree with your initial reaction.

It's the criminals and sociopaths that want to believe that their behavior isn't abhorrent. There must be something wrong with that small minority of people, I mean everyone steals right? Wrong. Some of us even as children had morals and values and know right from wrong. If it doesn't belong to us we don't take it. We work hard and EARN IT or we do with out. Don't point fingers at those of us who aren't pieces of crap to make yourself feel better.

glynis37

quality posts: 13 Private Messages glynis37
mikerstein wrote:Doesn't the fifth amendment preclude this question?

Nope, just answering it.

hosesplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosesplus
miscreant1 wrote:It's the criminals and sociopaths that want to believe that their behavior isn't abhorrent. There must be something wrong with that small minority of people, I mean everyone steals right? Wrong. Some of us even as children had morals and values and know right from wrong. If it doesn't belong to us we don't take it. We work hard and EARN IT or we do with out. Don't point fingers at those of us who aren't pieces of crap to make yourself feel better.

If you never stole anything and never did anything wrong that you knew was wrong then you are not human. I hate freakin' robots! I'll bet a guy like you
would tell Jesus that 'I'm first stone thrower today".

FIGHTING CRIME AND INDIFFERENCE SINCE 8:32 THIS MORNING

ripzip4life

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ripzip4life

I once stolen someone heart before ♥

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

Okay, I confess, I stole a roll of bang-caps that was out of a broken box and it was on the floor of Grant's department store. And they were smashed and scuffed. But the guilt gnaws at me to this very day!!

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

miscreant1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages miscreant1
hosesplus wrote:If you never stole anything and never did anything wrong that you knew was wrong then you are not human. I hate freakin' robots! I'll bet a guy like you
would tell Jesus that 'I'm first stone thrower today".

One not a guy and two you believe in god and then tell others that you aren't human when they don't steal. Never said I didn't do anything wrong just said I don't steal. Plus not dumb enough to drink the Kool-Aid and think there is a god or ethereal being that created us all and we have an after life. Bible thumpers always make me laugh with that twisted logic.

HomerTime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages HomerTime
Marcusx70 wrote:I stole a small transformer back in the 80's by accident. They had a display and I was playing with it. My Mom called and I came running. 3 hours later, I found that I had knocked it into my coat when I left . The next week, I returned it discretely.

I'm sure that explanation would have flown had you been caught.

Halieus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Halieus

Once that I can remember: was 3 or 4 years old and found a dime, an old key, and a clear-red 6-sided die under a bookshelf at my parents' friends' house. When we got home my mom wanted to know where I got those 3 things. After I told her, my dad liberally applied the board of correction to the seat of knowledge. We returned everything the next morning and I apologized profusely. Haven't been tempted to steal anything since.

chambo5k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chambo5k

I stole the bride's heart...?

It's enlarged.