WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Has anything ever crawled in your ear while you were sleeping?
  • 16.2% - YES! 128
  • 23.4% - Ew, no 185
  • 43% - OHGODIDONTKNOW 340
  • 6.2% - Not in my ear 49
  • 10.6% - Not while I was sleeping 84
  • 0.6% - I have something to say about this in the comments 5
791 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

pkrzycki

quality posts: 10 Private Messages pkrzycki

Yes, something crawled in my ear, but not while I was sleeping. It was a beetle of some kind and it punctured my eardrum just as my mom was helping me through the ER doors. I had a complete loss of balance, collapsed, and started screaming in pain.

Also had a bug crawl behind my eye, but I just got eye drops that killed it and a badass eye patch for 4 days...

smatchimo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smatchimo
pkrzycki wrote:Yes, something crawled in my ear, but not while I was sleeping. It was a beetle of some kind and it punctured my eardrum just as my mom was helping me through the ER doors. I had a complete loss of balance, collapsed, and started screaming in pain.

Also had a bug crawl behind my eye, but I just got eye drops that killed it and a badass eye patch for 4 days...

jesus christ your head is a terrarium

pkrzycki

quality posts: 10 Private Messages pkrzycki
smatchimo wrote:jesus christ your head is a terrarium

I was outside all the time as a kid. I encountered lots of bugs. I am 34 though, and have never been stung by a bee/wasp/etc...

winstonindy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages winstonindy

Amazingly enough I did have a earwig crawl in my ear while sleeping. Biggest freak out ever when I tilted my head over the sink and it fell out after some self inflicted smacking to the opposite ear.

Tinker000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tinker000

I wear ear plugs to bed.

mbspell

quality posts: 37 Private Messages mbspell

in college we saw my roommate crying outside with her boyfriend. thought they had a fight. nope. he was taking her to ER. a moth crawled in her ear! ugh.

although she's lucky it wasn't a roach. I went to school in St. Pete right on the water. roaches and palmetto bugs (flying roaches) everywhere!

penguin9271

quality posts: 6 Private Messages penguin9271

Nothing in my ear that I know of but I did get a fly up my nose. Worst sinus infection ever.

jcbroyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcbroyes

I had a spider crawl in my ear while I was sleeping, and it bit me!
My ear was all red & swollen.
Maybe I should try earplugs or ear muffs!

cre8apic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cre8apic

This freaks me out! It's never happened to me, and I've always made sure my hair is at a length long enough to cover my ears while I'm sleeping. (I suppose I could just wear ear muffs.)

Chickaboo1962

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Chickaboo1962

I was near the wall in our garage and unbeknown to me, a huge June bug crawled on my long curly hair and burrowed through and tried to get cozy on the back of my neck. I felt something on my neck so put my hand back there to scratch; I freaked out so bad when I felt this huge crispy lump there. I swatted it out while jumping all around and screaming. It got caught in my hair for a few seconds but finally hit the cement floor with a huge "smacking" sound. It shook itself off and flew away. I never got near the walls in the garage again and when I did go in, I put my hair in a bun. Freakiest thing ever! I still get the willies thinking about it.

♫♫♫♫♫ Woot♪a♪licious ♫♫♫♫♫