zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Greenworks 40V Blower/Vac with Battery
Price: $159.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Monday, Sep 01 to Thursday, Sep 04) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

woncoolone

quality posts: 1156 Private Messages woncoolone

jeraden

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jeraden

I have this exact blower and am very happy with its performance. I haven't done any major leaf blowing yet as it's not fall leaf season yet, but for everything I've used it for, the battery has lasted as long as I've needed it. I had a cheap corded blower prior to this, and this thing blows much harder than it did. Especially with the turbo button, puts out some serious air!

I also have one of their mowers and love that too. That's actually why I bought the blower, just to get the extra battery, but needed a blower anyways.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3914 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page for the blower and learn all about Greenwork's Environmental Commitment

woncoolone

quality posts: 1156 Private Messages woncoolone

davidthelazar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidthelazar

I've never used this blower, but I do have the mower and string trimmer from this line, and they are great. I've been impressed with the battery life per charge, and have never come close to running out of power before the job's done. Only used them for one season, so I can't comment on battery degradation over time. So far so good, though.

The battery included with this deal alone costs ~$120, so if you're buying into the Greenworks line the blower is only 40 extra dollars.

trillium76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trillium76

Or it you wanted to be REALLY green you could use a rake.

totalfukinghassle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages totalfukinghassle
davidthelazar wrote:
The battery included with this deal alone costs ~$120, so if you're buying into the Greenworks line the blower is only 40 extra dollars.

I did find the battery cheaper, 88 bucks or so, but fall is on the horizon, so leaf sucking is in my future.
With my mower, I noticed that the dual batts run out one at a time, meaning, if you only install one battery, you will know exactly when it runs out, allowing you to swap out the dead one for the fresh one, and get that depleted batt on the charger asap, instead of when both batts are dead.
I hope that makes sense.
Good night.

Lister22

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Lister22

I have to ask: in the photo of the woman using the blower, what is that bubble thing behind her?

mattyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattyn
Lister22 wrote:I have to ask: in the photo of the woman using the blower, what is that bubble thing behind her?

Rover coming to take her back to the Village.

jrsliwinski

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrsliwinski
Lister22 wrote:I have to ask: in the photo of the woman using the blower, what is that bubble thing behind her?

Looks like it might be a portable butterfly house. Either that or one of those tents used to protect your garden plants from squirrels, deer and other critters.

cnwinton

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cnwinton

I was tempted, because I have this company's hedge trimmer, which uses the 2Ah version of the battery, and it works great. The company says the batteries are compatible, although the blower has the more powerful one. I've never come close to running out with the hedge trimmer and I have a lot of hedges that need periodic trimming. 185mph vs. 250mph for my variable speed corded blower/vac was the deal breaker, and never mind my corded blower/vac can be had for half as much even with the Woot discount for this one. Also, judging from the video, my corded model does a better mulching job, probably because it spins faster.

robanna7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robanna7

:D

adr5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages adr5
trillium76 wrote:Or it you wanted to be REALLY green you could use a rake.

If your yard is tiny and you have few trees and you have the time, a rake is great. But if you, or your neighbor, has lots of trees you are going to spend a lot of time raking.

Thumbmaster

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Thumbmaster
davidthelazar wrote:I've never used this blower, but I do have the mower and string trimmer from this line, and they are great. I've been impressed with the battery life per charge, and have never come close to running out of power before the job's done. Only used them for one season, so I can't comment on battery degradation over time. So far so good, though.

Considering the charger is $30. The blower/vac is really just $10. This would be an excellent add-on if you've already bought into the GreenWorks G-Max ecosystem.