WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Asus 11.6" Touchscreen Dual-Core Laptop

Speed to First Woot:
32m 45.776s
First Sucker:
arappaarappa
Last Wooter to Woot:
lostlocust
Last Purchase:
4 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 17% of Sellout Woots
Top 26% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 16% of Sellout Woots
Top 19% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 13% first woot
  • 5% second woot
  • 25% < 10 woots
  • 22% < 25 woots
  • 36% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 12% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 10% one year old
  • 78% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 94% bought 1
  • 4% bought 2
  • 2% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

4%
2%
3%
1%
1%
4%
5%
7%
6%
5%
9%
2%
7%
5%
4%
3%
4%
5%
3%
3%
2%
5%
5%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


lichme


quality posts: 3014 Private Messages lichme

wootstalkerbot


quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2]


Asus 11.6" Touchscreen Dual-Core Laptop
Price: $219.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Monday, Jun 23 to Thursday, Jun 26) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
6/4/2014 - $219.99 - 27 comment(s)
5/19/2014 - $229.99 (Woot-off) - 18 comment(s)
5/7/2014 - $229.99 - 50 comment(s)


5/22/2014 - $229.99 (Woot Plus)
5/12/2014 - $229.99 (Woot Plus)
4/23/2014 - $239.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

asiancoolio


quality posts: 0 Private Messages asiancoolio

dang...the poor battery life is kind of killing me here...is there any way to upgrade the battery?

barkwoot


quality posts: 151 Private Messages barkwoot

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3651 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page

woncoolone


quality posts: 881 Private Messages woncoolone

bblhed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages bblhed

You might do well to look at past sales of this computer. While I have one and I am quite happy with it, I as well as others have had problems with the WiFi card that these machines come with and how it sucks.

thomasr


quality posts: 6 Private Messages thomasr
asiancoolio wrote:dang...the poor battery life is kind of killing me here...is there any way to upgrade the battery?


The celeron chip is a relative power hog for a netbook and combining it with a built in 3 cell battery simply seems like a poor design IMO.

dexterfly


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dexterfly

You can get the next generation version of this laptop brand new for only $10 more ($5 if you factor in free shipping) from best buy. The battery life is better 4-5 hours depending on use but not great as would be expected at this price point.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-11-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/5424005.p?id=1219127072875&skuId=5424005&st=asus%20laptop&cp=1&lp=3

evanjb


quality posts: 1 Private Messages evanjb

These are great but not for kids-the plug ends, (both on the cord and the unit), are pretty delicate and easily damaged. Of course, at this price, getting it repaired isn't cost effective.

dallasguy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dallasguy
dexterfly wrote:You can get the next generation version of this laptop brand new for only $10 more ($5 if you factor in free shipping) from best buy. The battery life is better 4-5 hours depending on use but not great as would be expected at this price point.



http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-11-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/5424005.p?id=1219127072875&skuId=5424005&st=asus%20laptop&cp=1&lp=3



The "next generation" one you pointed out has a n2815 celeron which is much slower than the 1007u processor in this computer. I can't understand why Asus would put such a slow processor in their "new" model.

kramerica72


quality posts: 1 Private Messages kramerica72

I bought this on Woot a couple of weeks ago and am very happy. I replaced the HDD with a Crucial MX100 SSD, and it is much faster with a bit better battery life.

mjhead


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjhead

Bought what looked like this 'puter, back in March. Only difference was the HD: 320G vs 500G for this one. Price was ~$250, and looked like a great replacement for my ASUS netbook, which has been a good machine, but the ATOM processor is slo-o-ow. This machine is much faster, and the battery, while it would be desirable to have something better, is still good for a two-hour plane ride. Thing is, the Bluetooth advertised in the March offer, wasn't actually there. Woot gave me a credit and I purchased a Bluetooth USB dongle, so I have sacrificed one of the USB ports so I may utilize a BT mouse (trackpads are a pain) Also took me awhile to figure out how to turn off the track pad, which otherwise really messes with keyboard use, since you are going to inadvertently be bumping it all the time. Anyway, be ready for this not to actually have BT.

All that said, the worst part of this is dealing with Windows 8.1, but one may use the touch screen in some really helpful ways, and maybe I will get used to it over time. It has been a reliable machine so far.

maktas


quality posts: 0 Private Messages maktas

How do you search to find the past sales?

wootstalkerbot wrote:[Preview 1][Preview 2]


Asus 11.6" Touchscreen Dual-Core Laptop
Price: $219.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Monday, Jun 23 to Thursday, Jun 26) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
6/4/2014 - $219.99 - 27 comment(s)
5/19/2014 - $229.99 (Woot-off) - 18 comment(s)
5/7/2014 - $229.99 - 50 comment(s)


5/22/2014 - $229.99 (Woot Plus)
5/12/2014 - $229.99 (Woot Plus)
4/23/2014 - $239.99 (Woot Plus)



sdc100


quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100
maktas wrote:How do you search to find the past sales?



Look on the bottom of the post you quoted from wootstalkerbot. Refer to the section that has the heading "Previous Similar Sales." Click on the links to access previous sales.

dexterfly


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dexterfly
dallasguy wrote:The "next generation" one you pointed out has a n2815 celeron which is much slower than the 1007u processor in this computer. I can't understand why Asus would put such a slow processor in their "new" model.



Possibly. The processor in the newer model has a faster clock speed but a lower cache. Link for the new model processor to compare:

http://ark.intel.com/products/79051/Intel-Celeron-Processor-N2815-1M-Cache-up-to-2_13-GHz?ui=BIG

sdc100


quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100
dallasguy wrote:The "next generation" one you pointed out has a n2815 celeron which is much slower than the 1007u processor in this computer. I can't understand why Asus would put such a slow processor in their "new" model.



It happens quite often. Asus determined that buyers of this subnotebook value battery life more than speed so this updated the model with a less power hungry CPU. It makes sense since only mobile users would buy such a small computer.

ultrawolf


quality posts: 7 Private Messages ultrawolf
dallasguy wrote:The "next generation" one you pointed out has a n2815 celeron which is much slower than the 1007u processor in this computer. I can't understand why Asus would put such a slow processor in their "new" model.



Processor comparison. Not so cut and dry which one is "better".

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Celeron-N2815-vs-Intel-Celeron-1007U

ultrawolf

edeco79


quality posts: 0 Private Messages edeco79
sdc100 wrote:It happens quite often. Asus determined that buyers of this subnotebook value battery life more than speed so this updated the model with a less power hungry CPU. It makes sense since only mobile users would buy such a small computer.



I have an older netbook with an AMD C-50 and it is so slow that on numerous occasions I have been tempted to smash the thing to pieces just to be rid of it and make myself buy something faster (however, it does play flawless 1080p video with Media Player Classic which utilizes DXMA, but on EVERY other task like even basic email checking is it beyond belief slow). Yes, it has good 4-5 hour battery life but the time wasted is staggering. I no longer use it for anything but to feed videos to a big TV at a friends house who uses Macs which also drive me nuts. Anyway, I will gladly trade away battery life for power.

sdc100


quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100
ultrawolf wrote:Processor comparison. Not so cut and dry which one is "better".

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Celeron-N2815-vs-Intel-Celeron-1007U



Especially if you mostly websurf, wordprocess, email, etc. You probably won't notice the difference in CPU speed since the CPU is often idle waiting for mouse movement or key presses in those applications.

mreynolds179


quality posts: 6 Private Messages mreynolds179

I bought one during the last wootoff and had to return it because of a large area of dead pixels. I liked the idea of it with full size HDMI and Ethernet port but couldn't get over the cheapness of the touchpad. I ended up getting a Transformer T100 which should meet my needs better for traveling.

cage017


quality posts: 7 Private Messages cage017

HD graphics? Check

HDMI port? Check

4GB RAM minimum? Check

Windows 8 with touchscreen? Check

Not an HP computer? Check

How reliable are Asus refurbs/reconditioned devices? This looks like a nice replacement for my Intel Atom Toshiba netbook.

HeywoodJa


quality posts: 0 Private Messages HeywoodJa

I finally got around to unpacking this machine, and there's a "Quick Start Guide" single sheet that tells me:

Additional information on the PDF file includes:

Instructions on how to create a recovery image in Windows 7 ??

Directions for fixing inverted ASUS webcam ??

Does anyone know where I find this PDF file? No disk came with the machine.

Thanks!