WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Panasonic

Not to be confused with a pan o'Sonic, the dish made from Sega Genesis characters.

viboy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viboy1

This item is currently selling on Amazon's site for $149.99. However, the only colour available is black.

johns43

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johns43
viboy1 wrote:This item is currently selling on Amazon's site for $149.99. However, the only colour available is black.

Don't know where you got that from (unless it's changed in the past few days) but it's $69.93 on Amazon right now (new) and has mediocre reviews. Also, it doesn't work with Amazon Prime Video.

timf343

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timf343

I just bought and received the SC-BTT196B. GARBAGE. I wish I could send it back, but it's not technically "defective".

This is the 3rd home theater system I've tried to purchase from Woot for my really simple setup of desiring a single optical in and a nice loud 5.1 output.

This system shuts itself off after 30 minutes of idle, and there is NO WAY to shut off this "feature"...confirmed with Panasonic tech support. OK, that's no big deal, right?

Except that every time you power it back on, the system insists on going to the HOME screen instead of the external link that it was on when it shut itself off. Which requires you switch the video from what you want to be watching (satellite in my case) onto this thing, navigate to Ext Link, and select Optical input again.

Perhaps by itself, it would be just OK as a Blue Ray player. The "Smart" features are extremely sluggish and customization is a joke. For example, I tried customizing to the 3 things I want to see (DLNA, Netflix and Amazon Prime), and the system insists on putting them on 3 separate pages in their hard coded positions.

Too many button presses and poor software makes this thing little more than a very expensive Blue Ray player. I hope I can unload it on Amazon Seller.