zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

HP ENVY e-All-In-One Wireless Printers
Price: $49.99 - 69.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 2-3 business days (Tuesday, May 20 to Wednesday, May 21) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
4/11/2014 - $59.99 - 24 comment(s)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3165 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

TONS of solid reviews (4.1 out of 5.0)on the 4500 over at staples.com
and solid reviews (4 out of 5 stars) on the 4500 over at officedepot.com

i24u

quality posts: 14 Private Messages i24u

What is the major difference in the two models and will this be full ink cartages?

manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

i24u wrote:What is the major difference in the two models and will this be full ink cartages?

The printers come with starter inks which should support approximately 80 pages.

And overall, they appear to be pretty much the same, but the 5530 seems to be faster.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

bhcompy

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bhcompy

I have one of these.. I like it better than your average HP printer(build quality is superior than the old OfficeJets), but they're also a bit slower printing

i24u

quality posts: 14 Private Messages i24u

Cheapest I see for a new one is $99 at office depot. Ink seems some what cheap.

inkii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inkii

How would either of these fair with printing graphics? I know it's not heavy duty industry standard, but it wouldn't be horrible right?

kansel

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kansel
i24u wrote:What is the major difference in the two models and will this be full ink cartages?

I got the 4500 when it was on Woot about a month ago. I don't print a lot so I don't know about the ink situation. As far as the differences between the 4500 and the 5530, the 5530 has an almost 50% faster processor and four times the memory - though this should not affect printing/scanning functionality (DPIs and speeds all seem to be the same); the 4500 has a 2" monochrome screen with menus that you navigate with physical buttons while the 5530 has a slightly larger (2.65") color touchscreen, though there are also physical buttons; and most importantly (and oddly not mentioned in the specs) the 5530 appears to have an SD card slot while the 4500 has none.

I thought I would miss the SD slot on the 4500 since my previous printer had one and was quite useful. However, the new printer (4500, and I assume 5530 has this as well) comes with a feature that enables printing by email. You send a file (PDF, DOC, etc.) attached to an email to a special (secret) email address and the printer just prints the attached document. You can set it up so that it only accepts emails from whitelisted email addresses, so you can effectively print from any device that can send an email without having to install drivers or apps.

tvk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tvk

I just bought the 5530 at my local office store earlier this year to replace a five-year-old HP all-in-one. I was planning on getting the 4500, but the 5530 was on sale at the time. If I remember the sales rep correctly, the 5530 is the "executive model" of the 4500, so it's faster, has a touchscreen, as well as a few other bells and whistles.

Overall, I'm rather happy with the 5530. The touchscreen isn't quite as responsive, but whatever. It prints on both sides of the paper. I thought that was pretty awesome. I haven't kept up with printer tech over the years, so I was impressed an inexpensive personal printer could do that.

As far as the starter cartridge of ink, it's lasted me quite awhile. I don't print daily--maybe four or five pages every three days or so--but it's been close to two months and I'm just getting the low ink warning. Also, HP has a new program called Instant Ink, which is a subscription-type service for ink. If you don't print too much, it seems like it might not be a bad deal.

Jonas4321

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Jonas4321

My daughter got the 5530 from Target for $99 on sale. It is a decent printer, scanner and copier. Not sure I would save just a few bucks on a refurb, but it has worked out well for her.

No Advertisement Here
That's why I haven't made thousands of posts...

jeffbhav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffbhav

From the specs it doesn't seem to have fax functionality so how come they are calling it "all in one" ?

mcoker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcoker
jeffbhav wrote:From the specs it doesn't seem to have fax functionality so how come they are calling it "all in one" ?

Fax? What's that?

wvernon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wvernon
mcoker wrote:Fax? What's that?

Deal with anything in the medical/disability arena and it's pretty much all they use. Fax me this fax me that, wish they would get with the program.

bluckain

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bluckain

Got the ENVY 4500 from Best Buy via a Black friday deal for about $60 for my father.

Honestly, it's my go-to printer. No fuss wireless printing from my Surface Pro 2, iPad, iPhone, and Windows 8 desktop. Copying/scanning is fast enough for my needs, and the menu system is no frills, to the point. I don't see the need to pay extra for the 5530's touch screen or promise of faster speeds, as the 4500 is no slouch.

No SD slot as stated, but it also prints on both sides of the paper without you touching the paper feed, which was the coolest thing I've seen in a while. Past HP printers, you needed some attachment on the back.

Build quality is better than most other HP printer's I've had, the finish has stood up well. Smooth operation w/Windows 8 in terms of scanning, printing, etc.

Even though there's no touch screen, there are still bells and whistles. One is a free coupon program that prints out free coupons every week (must have the printer connected to the web via wifi) with no input from the user.

The starter ink has lasted us a while, up until March probably, but we seldom print - not more than 50 pages a month usually.

Also, I signed him up for HP's Instant Ink program, which is a no brainer. You pay $3, $5, or $10 for 50, 100, or 300 pages a month (unused pages roll over to next month). Whether those pages are text only or full page photos, HP will send you unlimited ink whenever you run out. And since the printer is web connected, you don't have to worry about filling out a form for it, as when the printer is low, HP will ship a new set of ink cartridges for you and it'll be waiting at your doorstep by the time it's ready for a change.

I thought about getting one after I got one for him but prices were up around $100, and I'm glad I waited.

bluckain

wvernon wrote:Deal with anything in the medical/disability arena and it's pretty much all they use. Fax me this fax me that, wish they would get with the program.

I've been dealing with that through insurance/doctor's visit w/an accident case. Fortunately my lawyer suggested to me eFax via Nextivafax.com - I don't know why I didn't do this sooner.

dersquisher

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dersquisher

Beware that inkjets are not ideal for just occasional printing. Admittedly I live in New Mexico, but my ~$100 HP just quit on my because of a clogged print head after only ~300 pages (and little over a year). Yay for buying the XL cartridge (and another one because I didn't understand in time that it was the print heads and not the cartridge). Other than that I really liked my all-in-one...

davefv1983

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davefv1983

Can you fax from this printer?

dalealewis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalealewis

I own an hp photo jet 6510 bought because it lets me sen and receive faxes with NO land line. Do either of these allow faxing without having a land line phone?.
Thanks Dale

sk8er4u

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sk8er4u

PC Mag Review on the 5530:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2421417,00.asp

To answer some of the questions I saw.
1. It does NOT fax
2. It is rated by the review as par graphic output, and well above par photo output.

I think I might be in for one has everything I need and the price is pretty good.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jeffbhav wrote:From the specs it doesn't seem to have fax functionality so how come they are calling it "all in one" ?

Because Almost-All-In-One didn't have the same ring to it?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

BigRedRidingHood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigRedRidingHood

Duplex printing without a document feeder. yeah, that's conveinent............FAIL!

RanCiel810

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RanCiel810

I'd avoid any HP printer because of the awful bloatware drivers they've developed over the years. No thanks.

wsupinsk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wsupinsk

I have the 4500 series. Pro tip: plug it directly into a wall socket and not a power strip. The wireless doesn't connect well at until plugged directly into the wall. I know this post sounds crazy but it is true.

HippieGal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HippieGal

I own this printer, bought it retail. It is an AWESOME printer. I say that because it actually prints stuff. Last two printers I had couldn't get with the program on that. It's wireless, recognizes our wifi and I can send from laptop, cell phone, ipad. Great.
Here's the bad news. All the fancy little "apps" you are supposed to be able to use/connect to...nope. Has not worked from day one. But, hey, I don't really care. It prints great, its quiet, compact design and when I click print, by gosh it works.

Hippie Gal

bluckain

RanCiel810 wrote:I'd avoid any HP printer because of the awful bloatware drivers they've developed over the years. No thanks.

I never had to install any drivers, much less HP drivers for my 4500 on my Surface Pro 2 or my new Windows 8 desktop.