WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Tablets

Buy two tablets and call us in the morning. It'll certainly cure OUR problems.

stryper2000

quality posts: 44 Private Messages stryper2000

I bought the Hisense during the last woot off. It has been pretty good for a basic web browsing emailing , media playing modern Android tablet

It does run android 4.1.1 and does have the official Google apps like the Play store and Gmail,

The Craphound of Woot

Antagonist of Sellbuyer92 , I sniped his Basket Of Checkers

x41

ragsys

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ragsys

Asus ME400-C1-BK VivoTab Smart 64GB Tablet
I have many tablets ,laptops ,CPU towers, mini macs, NAS with all OS types, yes I am a computer junky .
This little tablet rocks! Not the best reviews on Amazon but mine worked perfect . I suspect the poor reviews were due more with the early versions of Win 8!
Updated free with ms Windows to os8.2 the easiest of all my systems.
Note charging mini port is also USB input , so to charge and use a thumb drive you have to use an adapter or either use the thumb drive on battery only. You will also need a mini to standard USB cable for a thumb drive or HD (self powered drive)

Note it does have a removable mini SD card slot.

atomizer

quality posts: 13 Private Messages atomizer
ragsys wrote:Asus ME400-C1-BK VivoTab Smart 64GB Tablet
I have many tablets ,laptops ,CPU towers, mini macs, NAS with all OS types, yes I am a computer junky .
This little tablet rocks! Not the best reviews on Amazon but mine worked perfect . I suspect the poor reviews were due more with the early versions of Win 8!
Updated free with ms Windows to os8.2 the easiest of all my systems.
Note charging mini port is also USB input , so to charge and use a thumb drive you have to use an adapter or either use the thumb drive on battery only. You will also need a mini to standard USB cable for a thumb drive or HD (self powered drive)

Note it does have a removable mini SD card slot.

I bought the same thing, which I'm typing this on right now. (The virtual keyboard works ok if you touch-type.) The only caveat is that the VivoTab is as sluggish as I'd guessed it would be by the CPU & RAM specs. :/ Otherwise, everything about it works. It's nice to have a very portable Windows 8 PC.

Oh yeah, one other thing: the included 10 watt power supply is insufficient to charge the device while it's in use. The charge went down about 5% over less than an hour while plugged in, and it took about 3 hours just to charge about 50% (not in use) before that. Still, the battery lasts several hours by itself.

86 Woot-offs; 4 random craps

skarfase

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skarfase

Just got my Asus MeMO Pad ME301T, very pleased with its performance, beyond watching live streaming TV. playing games. This is my first tablet purchase, second android device. I see complaints about the resolution online but for the price point, the power of the unit is quite good. Everything looks clear and snappy to me.

sjkrishna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sjkrishna

Which, if any, of the Windows tablets have Office H&S preinstalled?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sjkrishna wrote:Which, if any, of the Windows tablets have Office H&S preinstalled?

Only Windows RT tablet come with Office pre-installed - the Office Home & Student 2013 RT Edition.

Regular Windows 8 computers and tablets do not have Office preinstalled.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

noiselessinfinity

quality posts: 2 Private Messages noiselessinfinity

Does anyone have any experience with the Razer Edge Pro?

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek

According to the Sero 7 LT's specs, as posted:

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (upgradeable to 4.3 Jelly Bean)

How, exactly, does one go about upgrading it to 4.3? The device upgraded itself to 4.1.1, but offered no further system updates.

Edit - after doing a bunch of research online, it seems there is no further planned official upgrade for the Sero 7 LT. It may be upgradable to Android 4.3, but you're literally on your own.

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

atomizer

quality posts: 13 Private Messages atomizer
noiselessinfinity wrote:Does anyone have any experience with the Razer Edge Pro?

I do! (I have a lot of toys.)

It's by far the most powerful tablet available currently, and even though it doesn't have an amazing graphics card by gaming PC standards, it still runs games well at its native resolution. It's bigger & heavier than most tablets, and gets quite hot under load, but is your most portable option if you don't want a full gaming laptop.

An issue is that, while they haven't replaced the Edge with a newer model, the accessories are almost impossible to find. The gaming controller that comes in this bundle is not readily available as it is, so this would be one of your only ways to get it. Consequently, you could potentially resell this bundle for more than you paid since the accessories are generally only seen on eBay at huge markups.

If you want to get this for gaming, keep in mind you have three options: use the bundled controller dock and on-screen keyboard, connect bluetooth peripherals, or add wired peripherals via a USB hub; the Edge only has a single USB port at the top. Going with the 2nd or 3rd options will require you to come up with some kind of stand to hold up the Edge so you can see it while not obstructing the power cable, which unfortunately attaches at the bottom.

86 Woot-offs; 4 random craps

madbob73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madbob73

Does anyone know if these have any video out connections? Could I connect it to a presentation projector?

ciabelle

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ciabelle

The Acer Iconia 16GB tablet is available on Amazon for $80 shipped (refurbished) or $120 (new).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D5ZZIHW

heartburnkid

quality posts: 4 Private Messages heartburnkid

So who has that Transformer Pad Infinity? I've heard that the memory slows down over time, but using a 4.3 or higher ROM helps with that due to better TRIM support. Anybody have experience?

jmalone

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jmalone

I have the infinity, and while the tablet may also slow down over time the main issue with it and my old Transformer Prime (TF201) is that the flash memory is just slow. Not that it's misused by the OS, just that it's poorly spec'd in the first place. So much so that people have had better luck booting to a fast microSD card with a custom ROM loaded than running off of the stock flash memory.

That said, I love the thing. The battery life I get out of it using the keyboard dock is great, and having the keyboard actually physically attached makes it my ideal mobile work unit. I do have some frustrations with application and launcher loading speed, but I am running a custom ROM from the XDA Developer forums and it definitely helps.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

madbob73 wrote:Does anyone know if these have any video out connections? Could I connect it to a presentation projector?

The connectors will be listed on the Specs. Look for HDMI or mini-HDMI.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dogtor2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dogtor2

Can the ipad 2 with ios 5 be upgraded to ios 7?

dogtor2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dogtor2

is the ipad 2 unlocked so that service can be started with ATT or will it need something to be added to their service for 3G since it didn't come directly from them?

manhandsha

quality posts: 35 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

dogtor2 wrote:Can the ipad 2 with ios 5 be upgraded to ios 7?

Yes. It will show up as an available update from the general settings menu.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

manhandsha

quality posts: 35 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

dogtor2 wrote:is the ipad 2 unlocked so that service can be started with ATT or will it need something to be added to their service for 3G since it didn't come directly from them?

You shouldn't have any trouble getting things set up with AT&T. You'll just need to register the device with them. If you take it to an AT&T store, they can help you right there; you should also be able to register online.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

aplio

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aplio

Re: is the ipad 2 unlocked so that service can be started with ATT or will it need something to be added to their service for 3G since it didn't come directly from them?

If the specs say AT&T then the tablet is locked. However, you can have AT&T unlock any BYOD (bring your own device) once you have had AT&T service on the device for 6 months. The total cost for least expensive cellular data plan is $15/month for 200 MB (total cost $15 x 6 months = $90), with activation fee of ~$35, for a grand total cost of ~$125. Consider getting AT&T service as a last resort, as there are many unlocking services on the Internet, although some of them charge a premium for Apple devices.

aplio

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aplio

Re: Which, if any, of the Windows tablets have Office H&S preinstalled?

Several of the new 8" Intel Atom Bay Trail Windows 8.1 tablets have Office H&S preinstalled at no extra charge.

The Asus T100, Dell Venue 8 Pro (the version sold by Dell Business does not include Office H&S), Asus VivTab Note 8, have it. I don't remember whether the Lenovo tablets have it or not, but I would tend to say no.

However, the Asus T100, Dell Venue 8 Pro, Dell Venue 11 Pro, Toshiba Encore 8, Asus VivoTab Note 8, and some Lenovo models have all had lots of complaints by users, so I would wait for follow-on versions of these products.

If you need something now, get the Microsoft Surface RT (Windows RT operating system) or Surface 2.

producejoedmoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages producejoedmoe

I did not have a good experience with the Hisense Sero 7 LT -- I bought it a little over a month ago, and it was nothing but a headache. It would constantly reset itself, fail to load apps, crash in the middle of things, and had overall sluggish performance. I can't say I recommend it, even at $40.
I bought it for $50, and while one shouldn't expect that much from a $50 tablet, you'd still expect it to work. Mine didn't. Sent it back. Props to Woot! for the great customer service on my order/return.
I know others have had more positive experiences, so maybe I just got a bad egg. Either way, I'm thinking about forking out the extra money for a Galaxy Note or something.

Kistaro

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Kistaro

Do any of the Windows 8 tablets have true digitizer styluses? OneNote (real OneNote) is the only reason I would buy one, but an 8-inch copy of OneNote-with-a-pen is totally worth actual money to me.

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek
producejoedmoe wrote:I did not have a good experience with the Hisense Sero 7 LT ... I know others have had more positive experiences, so maybe I just got a bad egg.

So far, mine's been fine. Granted, the specs aren't all that great, but for $40, it's a very good deal for a 7" tablet. Recommended.

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

elaswany

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elaswany

Guys, I want 2 buy a new tablet for entertainment purposes (videos, music, gaming) & web-surfing. I am confused between this one vs. Galaxy note 8.0 or Galaxy note 10.1 (old edition 2012)? This one has better reviews but it has only 1 GB RAM I am afraid it runs slow with games & apps. Plus, it doesn't support adobe flash videos!

NortonsArk

quality posts: 13 Private Messages NortonsArk

I just unpacked and Windows updated my Razer Edge Pro from Woot. I must say I am impressed. It is fast and it looks pristine - no sign of being a refurb. I had hoped the gaming handles could be used to manipulate the cursor on regular programs, but it appears to only work for games. That's OK, the tablet appears to be well worth the price.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
dogtor2 wrote:Can the ipad 2 with ios 5 be upgraded to ios 7?

My iPad2 is running the current version, and all I had to is go to "settings" and check for upgrades.

My iPod Touch will not. I guess 3/4 years old is too old as far as Apple is concerned, not to mention "needed" changes in plugs,etc.

(Two reasons why I now have a Windows 8.1 unit and will not be buying more Apple products.)

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

doodles369

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doodles369

I purchased the PYLE ASTRO 10.1 tablet and received it on 5/16/2014 and absolutely LOVE IT! I have notbeen able to put it down since I got it. Now I wonder how I ever lived without one. The display and audio quality is unebelieveable. This is a great tablet fora great price and I would recommend it highly!

jmalone

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jmalone

I received my Galaxy Note 8" today, and I can't even get through the setup. I got to the second step of connecting to my WiFi and the screen started going bonkers, scrambling the picture and flashing off and on again.

Looks like this one really was 'refurbished' thoroughly, and not just given a cursory glance before being shipped back out the door. /s

LawdNikon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LawdNikon

Just got my ASUS MeMoPAD 301T.

Delivery: relatively quick.

Condition: Love Woot but it's been a while since i've had a Woot refurb. I feel like this would've been better described as "Scratch & Dent" like CBoom does. There are dents on 3 of the 4 corners, alot of scratches around the charging port and a scratch on the middle of the (glossy)screen, right where the eye is focused when holding in portrait or landscape mode. So theres almost no way of not seeing it no matter how you hold it.The back and screen had fingerprints on them and the whole thing was just loosely thrown in the box. No plastic wrap, cables not bundled,torn tape on the outside of the box and the charger was marked all over with black & white pen, had some dudes name on it (I assume they tried to cover up the white marker with black marker instead of using goo-be gone).

Performance: It powers up, so far perfomance seems good. Have noticed the screen resolution other people mentioned,but mostly on the whites, all other colors look pretty vivid.

Overall: Physically you can tell its been used significantly. Feel like i bought it off of Craigslist, not manufacturer refurb online. Software and performance look fine. If it was about $20 cheaper and for myself I wouldn't mind the dings and scratches. Since its a gift for my gf and her 1st tablet I'll have to see how she likes it. Saw a slightly lower spec model (ME102A) model new for $20 more on a Groupon right after i bought this one so if she doesn't like it guess i'll return it and order the new one. Just my experience with the Tablet i received.

Note: Im not a newb I've bought hundreds of gadgets online new,used, refurb and scracth/dent. Just never had a refurb arrive in such poor condition, *usually* they look near mint. I know not every refurb looks brand new though