WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Laptops!

Like computers? Like warm laps? Well, then boy oh boy, do we have a product you're going to LOVE!

saurabhsoni


quality posts: 0 Private Messages saurabhsoni

Does the Dell Inspiron 17-7737 Laptop connect to the Dell E-port plus dock?

mikemast


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikemast

How does http://sellout.woot.com/offers/thinkpad-x1-carbon-14-intel-i5-ultrabook-2?ref=cnt_wp_3_38 "Lenovo Thinkpad X1-Carbon" differ from http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834317423 which seems to have 8GB of memory?

liangtam


quality posts: 0 Private Messages liangtam

Will there be more Acer Aspire R7-571?

claystorm


quality posts: 3 Private Messages claystorm
saurabhsoni wrote:Does the Dell Inspiron 17-7737 Laptop connect to the Dell E-port plus dock?



Generally no. The Dell E-port docks normally only work with the Latitude & Precision business line of laptops.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

liangtam wrote:Will there be more Acer Aspire R7-571?


Not in this sale but keep watching. It may make an encore appearance in another sale.

There's a link in my signature to a list of All Plus Sales. It's updated weekdays by around 9:30am CT.



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

idpaman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages idpaman

I would like to get a 17.3 laptop with Windows 7 and maybe i5 or i7.... any chance of that....????

videowallart


quality posts: 1 Private Messages videowallart

the acer touchscreen is $10 less NEW on amazon

rayraythe8th


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayraythe8th

Bought my mom the i5 probook last time they had them. My mom likes it and I must say that it's a great little machine for what she uses it for, which is basic email and her avon stuff. Well, would be a great little machine if it wasn't for how dirty it was, the dead pixel and a bunch of scratches. Also it said used, not refurb like it stated in the ad. And there's a big difference between used and refurb, and I never would've paid 270 for used. But it works and she doesn't want all the hassle of returning it just for a couple blemishes on the screen that would drive me nuts, so what can you do. Just a heads up to interested buyers, it may say refurb but, at least in our case, it was a used computer that they didn't even bother to clean the dirt out of the keyboard. That and the dead pixel that wouldn't have been overlooked if it really was a refurb.

drewman02


quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewman02

Hey Woot, not sure if anyone else has brought this up, but for the Dell Inspiron 17-7737 there is a slight error. In the item title it states it comes with 16 GB DDR3 ram, however when you click on item specs, the max supported ram is 8 GB. Would someone be able to let me know which is correct? That makes a pretty significant difference.

Thanks!

manhandsha


quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

drewman02 wrote:Hey Woot, not sure if anyone else has brought this up, but for the Dell Inspiron 17-7737 there is a slight error. In the item title it states it comes with 16 GB DDR3 ram, however when you click on item specs, the max supported ram is 8 GB. Would someone be able to let me know which is correct? That makes a pretty significant difference.

Thanks!



I'll have our buyers clarify and I'll update my post when I know more.

UPDATE: Our buyer updated the specs to match 16GB as stated in the title. Hope that helps!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

Otis226


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Otis226

bought the Lenovo W-510 and I'm very disappointed that I can't get Win 7 Pro 64 bit recovery disks from either Lenovo, which Woot told me they would send them, or MetroPC, who obviously refurbished these machines. Arrived kind of scuffed up too. I realize these are refurbs, but there's no sign on any of the software that this is even a Lenovo machine. First time I've beed disappointed in a refurb piece of electronics from Woot...

manhandsha


quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Otis226 wrote:bought the Lenovo W-510 and I'm very disappointed that I can't get Win 7 Pro 64 bit recovery disks from either Lenovo, which Woot told me they would send them, or MetroPC, who obviously refurbished these machines. Arrived kind of scuffed up too. I realize these are refurbs, but there's no sign on any of the software that this is even a Lenovo machine. First time I've beed disappointed in a refurb piece of electronics from Woot...



I'm not sure if you've contacted Woot Member Services yet, but you can email them with your order details and situation at support@woot.com. They may be able to further assist you.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Otis226 wrote:bought the Lenovo W-510 and I'm very disappointed that I can't get Win 7 Pro 64 bit recovery disks from either Lenovo, which Woot told me they would send them, or MetroPC, who obviously refurbished these machines. Arrived kind of scuffed up too. I realize these are refurbs, but there's no sign on any of the software that this is even a Lenovo machine. First time I've beed disappointed in a refurb piece of electronics from Woot...


Otis, here is information on creating recovery media.

Lenovo Support



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

privateertx


quality posts: 1 Private Messages privateertx

The HP laptop I bought was received DOA. I contacted customer service about it three days ago, but still no response! When you get around to responding, are you going to tell me I'm past the 21-day return window? I wasn't when I first emailed you, but now am very concerned. And I sure would like to get a working laptop soon

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

privateertx wrote:The HP laptop I bought was received DOA. I contacted customer service about it three days ago, but still no response! When you get around to responding, are you going to tell me I'm past the 21-day return window? I wasn't when I first emailed you, but now am very concerned. And I sure would like to get a working laptop soon

Sorry for the delayed response. I'll add you to my afternoon report.



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

privateertx


quality posts: 1 Private Messages privateertx
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the delayed response. I'll add you to my afternoon report.



It helped! Thanks.