zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

Belkin Dual-Band Wireless N+ Router
Price: $79.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Mar 17 to Tuesday, Mar 18) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
2/19/2014 - $79.99 (Woot-off) - 2 comment(s)
1/18/2014 - $79.99 - 18 comment(s)
12/15/2013 - $79.99 - 19 comment(s)

3/4/2014 - $79.99 (Woot Plus)
2/11/2014 - $79.99 (Woot Plus)
1/31/2014 - $79.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3908 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page and check out this "excellent" review over at cnet

and

Check out the OK review over at pcworld.com

youwiththehair

quality posts: 0 Private Messages youwiththehair

This thing is horrible. I bought one a while back and ended up throwing it away a week later. Crashed regularly, web interface hardly worked.

iguana71

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iguana71
youwiththehair wrote:This thing is horrible. I bought one a while back and ended up throwing it away a week later. Crashed regularly, web interface hardly worked.

A week later and you threw it away rather than return it? With that kind of logic we would be crazy to not take your advice. :/

Powerslave

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Powerslave

This is the current price at Walmart, and was at Best Buy a week ago. Not a good deal here...

benmason

quality posts: 4 Private Messages benmason

I would not recommend purchasing this unless you like throwing away money. In that case Ill give you my address and you can toss all the money you don't want my way. These routers have been bad news for all who purchased it. You can see on Belkin forums that the firmware is bad, and Belkin refused to fix the issue. If you dont believe the first guy or me look on the Belkin forums for yourself its not a small handful there's a problem with all models firmware. If you do have this model or 750 model there are new firmware updates created by the community to fix the router but for those who dont have it save yourself the trouble in trying to find it.

xdavex

quality posts: 16 Private Messages xdavex

Not the same model, but I just replaced a N600 about 8 months old. Worked great but then started not letting pages load or maybe load partially with only text.
I did a firmware upgrade from Belkin and my AV was showing a redirector trojan since then. Something in their code must resemble it or their update is compromised.
Since changing routers, pages load like lightning and no AV pop ups. Again it was a good router while it worked, your mileage may vary.

acaciasmom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages acaciasmom
Powerslave wrote:This is the current price at Walmart, and was at Best Buy a week ago. Not a good deal here...

This is true-- it is not a good price. I actually got the one that I had purchased from best buy on sale. The salesman said," if you need power and reliability for streaming you will want this...." I should have not listened to him. We are a streaming household and we have multiple devices hooked onto our wireless router. While I had the belkin plugged in we had endless problems with our devices not being able to find the internet. When they could "find it" (I say this loosely because the router is less than 50 feet from every device in our apartment....I mean ffs) it was slow and many times the apps would still misbehave due to the poor signal.

About 3-4 days after we purchased this I sent my husband back to the store to find a new one.

I will never buy another belkin router again nor will I ever recommend one to anyone. This was the biggest and most frustrating piece of crap I have ever bought in my life. Stay away!!

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

I just had to replace another Belkin router because it just up and died on me. My 10 year old POS Linsys router still works. Won't trust CNET again in regards to devices.

jaf323

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaf323

Never buy a router that isn't supported by a third party source like OpenWrt or DD-WRT. There's generally a reason these routers are not supported, and it's NEVER a good one. Vendors have roughly a 6 month window to sell what they have, then they need to drop the cost line quickly (= no further support) or they lose $. SOHO routers is a brutal market.

electriclime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages electriclime

I've been very happy with mine. It's plugged in upstairs and delivers a consistent signal with no trouble connecting on the main floor of the house. PC, laptop, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, and Apple TV feeding off this router daily.

I picked it up at Target for the regular price of $99 about a year or so ago but it also came with a wireless USB stick, which I have plugged into my PC.

w8sdz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w8sdz
acaciasmom wrote:We are a streaming household and we have multiple devices hooked onto our wireless router. While I had the belkin plugged in we had endless problems with our devices not being able to find the internet.

Did you update the Firmware when you received the router? That's an important thing to do with any new router.

73 de w8sdz - Keith