WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Surge Protectors

We were going to tell you all about how exciting surge protectors are, but we got so tired looking at them for some reason. We're just going to take a quick nap, OK? Then we'll tell you all about it. Would you mind waking us up in an hour or so?

Pony99CA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Pony99CA

What's the protection level of the Philips three outlet/two USB port portable protector?

kazper

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kazper

Why would they put something pretty much useless (at this point) such as an RJ45 jack instead of a USB port? Makes no sense to me.

jefacy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jefacy

Philips SPP8038B 3-Outlet Surge Protector---The USB ports only worked for a couple of days. At this point they will not charge any of my devises.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Pony99CA wrote:What's the protection level of the Philips three outlet/two USB port portable protector?

We've never been able to obtain that info from the product or Philips.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

medscript

quality posts: 4 Private Messages medscript

Save your money...contact your local utility provider and ask if they can install a surge suppressor at the meter. Many of them do it at the meter or right after the meter. Mine was purchased and installed by Duke energy for $138 and they offer a warranty on anything that fries after the installation.

jrs1980

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jrs1980
jefacy wrote:Philips SPP8038B 3-Outlet Surge Protector---The USB ports only worked for a couple of days. At this point they will not charge any of my devises.

Got mine in July, and the USB ports still work fine. Obvious question, but you're not using the Apple port for non-Apple devices, right?

Edit: I forgot because it's only on the Apple port, but my iPod doesn't show it's charging, even though it is. Maybe leave it plugged in overnight when you'll be able to recharge in the morning if need be?

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

EdJaegers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EdJaegers

Does anybody know how many amps those USB ports are able to provide? 500 mA? 1000 mA? 2000 mA?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 125 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

EdJaegers wrote:Does anybody know how many amps those USB ports are able to provide? 500 mA? 1000 mA? 2000 mA?

I checked with peeps who might know, but it looks like we didn't get samples, so we already have up all the info we got from the vendor. Sorry!