zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3028 Private Messages lichme

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3]

Injinji Performance Socks 6pk - 4 Styles
Price: $12.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Jan 13 to Tuesday, Jan 14) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3670 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's learn all about Injinji and let's learn the benefits of wearing Injinji

lichme

quality posts: 3028 Private Messages lichme

Here are tons of great reviews on a few different models, including the grey ones in woots pics.

JosephPalreiro

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JosephPalreiro

I bought these elsewhere for about $6 a pair a few months ago.

I like them so much that I'm buying as many as I can shove into my tiebreaker.

walterwu

quality posts: 7 Private Messages walterwu

Bought these 5 toe socks last time on Woot to go with my 4 toe shoes, http://sellout.woot.com/offers/mens-skele-toes-7-5-or-8, also from Woot. Worked great, and although the shoes were intended for up socked/bare feet, they work even better now with these socks... Less stinky.

What do I use them for? Why, to work out on my Woot elliptical, http://sport.woot.com/offers/schwinn-420-elliptical.

I'm addicted.

sdc100

quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100

My mom, who walks a lot, was very skeptical at first. She now says that it's the most comfortable socks she has ever worn. She very rarely praises things unsolicited but this was an exception.

I also wear them (rarely). They do feel good, but I have back problems and don't like the sustained bending necessary to put these on. Unlike the simple motion of slipping on regular socks, you have to individually squeeze in and adjust each toe. But once I have them on, I like them.

sdc100

Keep in mind that these socks are chiral, aka the Right and Left socks are different. So make sure you match the correct sock to your feet. I once put them on in the dark, and without realizing it, mismatched my feet. Consequently, I forced my huge big toe into a space meant for the littlest toe. Not only did it cause me a lot of pain all day (like your big toe was being strangled) but the socks were nearly torn.

rgriffin09

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rgriffin09

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was about to buy 3 sets of them (18 pairs total), but they're all out of my size!!

='[

I admit defeat. I can't compete with those who watch the clock like a pot of boiling water.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rgriffin09 wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was about to buy 3 sets of them (18 pairs total), but they're all out of my size!!

='[

I admit defeat. I can't compete with those who watch the clock like a pot of boiling water.

Sorry.

Sellout is where we try to move through remaining stock so selection will sometimes be more limited than usual.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rgriffin09

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rgriffin09
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry.

Sellout is where we try to move through remaining stock so selection will sometimes be more limited than usual.

S'okay. I don't need them too badly until Spring anyway. Maybe I'll find some before then!

sdc100

rgriffin09 wrote:S'okay. I don't need them too badly until Spring anyway. Maybe I'll find some before then!

These are on sale a lot on other deal-a-day sites, athough they sometimes come in funky colors.

kenbonilla

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kenbonilla
rgriffin09 wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

='[

You and me both, I was so excited when I saw this in the email. Almost broke my screen I hit the link so quickly. Sad panda...

mobyhack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mobyhack

I just submitted this question through the Support form, but I usually see faster replies on the forums, so I'll ask again here.

I bought two of this deal in two different sizes: one for me, one for my wife.

When placing an order with "standard" shipping, the cost is $5 for the entire order, but I needed the 2-day option, which is $9. However, when I proceeded through the checkout and chose the 2-day shipping, I was charged $18...a $9 charge per item!

Woot's shipping policy seems to indicate that I should only have been charged $9 for shipping, not $18:

Expedited shipping costs more, of course. And if you want your stuff shipped to multiple addresses, you’ll have to break those into different orders. But one order, one address? One shipping charge.

I received ONE order number, so it should've only been ONE shipping charge, correct?

NukeACow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NukeACow

Well these hopped away quickly... =/

~Nuke

pimpdoubt

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pimpdoubt

I got about 8 pairs of these in my last Bungled Original Communicator (days of crapmas) and I've gotta say I do like them, but they are not to be worn in winter weather.

emck33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emck33
pimpdoubt wrote:I got about 8 pairs of these in my last Bungled Original Communicator (days of crapmas) and I've gotta say I do like them, but they are not to be worn in winter weather.

The trick for winter is to wear them under traditional socks. It's kinda like gloves under mittens but on your feet. These are the only socks I wear for running. Went out for 3 miles in 6 degrees the other day and my feet were toasty warm.

finzup

quality posts: 2 Private Messages finzup

i know it's sellout but even when they were on the other woot site, there were no mediums... (or very limited)

I've noticed that some people list all their woot purchases in their signature. Me? No way, no how. I don't even want to acknowledge to myself, much less anyone else, just how much $$ I've spent on woot crap since 2006.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mobyhack wrote:I just submitted this question through the Support form, but I usually see faster replies on the forums, so I'll ask again here.

I bought two of this deal in two different sizes: one for me, one for my wife.

When placing an order with "standard" shipping, the cost is $5 for the entire order, but I needed the 2-day option, which is $9. However, when I proceeded through the checkout and chose the 2-day shipping, I was charged $18...a $9 charge per item!

Woot's shipping policy seems to indicate that I should only have been charged $9 for shipping, not $18:
I received ONE order number, so it should've only been ONE shipping charge, correct?

The expedited charge is per item when it available for that item. You have to choose shipping for each item. I'll ask that we make that more clear in the FAQ.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

DairyFamerThreepwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DairyFamerThreepwood
finzup wrote:i know it's sellout but even when they were on the other woot site, there were no mediums... (or very limited)

Yup. I checked the post in the early morning hours, a little before 6am and they were already out of medium. It's a real bummer too because I just picked up some Vibram five fingers this week from Woot and was needing some socks to go with them (as cold as it has been lately).

Can someone help find a similar deal on Injinji or similar toe socks in medium? Their MSRP of $12 a pair is too high for this Wooter.

sdc100

DairyFamerThreepwood wrote:Yup. I checked the post in the early morning hours, a little before 6am and they were already out of medium. It's a real bummer too because I just picked up some Vibram five fingers this week from Woot and was needing some socks to go with them (as cold as it has been lately).

Can someone help find a similar deal on Injinji or similar toe socks in medium? Their MSRP of $12 a pair is too high for this Wooter.

Check frequently on 1sale.com and DailySteal.com. One of them had Injinji socks last week, and in the past.

If you don't need genuine Injinjis, do an ebay search on "toe socks." A current search shows many great deals, with some costing as little as $3 a pair. They're made in S. Korea, just like these Injinjis. One seller, zone21c, sell lots of different styles, i.e. men. women, dress, crew, ankle, etc. if you do buy off ebay, make sure you look at the photos to confirm that they are indeed 5 toe socks. The search will sometimes turn up, "Reinforced toe socks," etc, which are just regular socks.

mrshorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrshorn

I bought these socks awhile back when they were in crazy fun colors. They are awesome for running in. I recently ran a half marathon wearing them and I didn't get any blisters between my toes. They eliminate the need to tape my toes. Super awesome and I would totally recommend them. Dear woot, please stock them again in a women's 9.5/10. It would make me your bff forever

mobyhack

ThunderThighs wrote:The expedited charge is per item when it available for that item. You have to choose shipping for each item. I'll ask that we make that more clear in the FAQ.

There was no option to "choose shipping for each item." It makes very little sense that both items are shipping inside the same box but being charged two separate fees.

unixrab

quality posts: 11 Private Messages unixrab

no one will probably see this - but I took a chance and got these, and I'm very happy I did... they feel weird at first, but after 15m I'm SO hooked.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bags of Crap = 3 ------> woot 3.0 is DEAD!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

mobyhack

mobyhack wrote:There was no option to "choose shipping for each item." It makes very little sense that both items are shipping inside the same box but being charged two separate fees.

I have still received no feedback on this. Customer support has not responded to my query, aside from the initial automated response that assigned me a case number.

mobyhack

mobyhack wrote:I have still received no feedback on this. Customer support has not responded to my query, aside from the initial automated response that assigned me a case number.

For anyone who cares, I received the following reply from customer support about 3 hours after my last post here:
"Sorry to hear that. A $9 refund has been issued for the cost of the extra shipping charge."

The refund appeared on my card a couple days after that.

In regards to the product, these socks arrived in time for our 8-day trip to Disney World, where we walked constantly for 6 of those days. I wore mine with my Vibram FiveFingers, and my wife used them in her FiveFingers, Chuck Taylors, and her warm winter boots.

While we had very sore muscles and feet by the end of the trip, we didn't get one single blister. The socks are extremely comfortable, and we are very happy with our purchase.