WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Portable Speakers & Shelf Systems

Just because you live on the go, hopping train cars from town to town and calling no man master, doesn't mean you can't enjoy a superior aural experience. So start collecting enough rusted-out tin cans to buy yourself a fine portable speaker, and become king of the Hooverville. 

shellyyoga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shellyyoga

Fine Audio mini speakers...

Seriously the best $12 speakers!

Before buying on the last woot sale, I read the discussions and some one mentioned that they look like knock offs that get good reviews on amazon.

I read those reviews and went ahead and bought two. I'm buying more from this sale to give to my yoga teacher friends who need to bring music to their classes. No batteries (USB rechargeable) no wires (flawless Bluetooth) and a GREAT sound.

One of the reviews mentioned that the bass isn't that booming, which is true, but for these cute colorful little guys to have so much sound and for so ridiculously inexpensive... They are WORTH every meager penny spent

admrgd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages admrgd

Bought a couple Sound Pops. One did not hold a charge and it was missing the sticker on the bottom and had an unwrapped USB cord.

I think they are pushing re-furbs as "new". It cost me $12 to RMA it and they were slow turning it around.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

admrgd wrote:Bought a couple Sound Pops. One did not hold a charge and it was missing the sticker on the bottom and had an unwrapped USB cord.

I think they are pushing re-furbs as "new". It cost me $12 to RMA it and they were slow turning it around.

Sorry for the problems. These are new, I've ordered a couple myself.

Did you email email support@woot.com for assistance? Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

vertabrae

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vertabrae

Bought one of the Fine audio units last week, and it is plenty loud. Not much bass, true, but I have an equalizer program on my android to tune the sound profile.

It makes this fairly annoying POP sometimes twice, Pop Pop, and while I am a big fan of Magnitude, this bothers me somewhat. I have not had time to test the battery life yet, or determine what makes it pop and what doesn't.

It will also blip and bloop about the BT connection at times, again this might be my device dropping and establishing the connection.

I don't usually return things, it is just too much hassle, but I will post again about battery life and how it sounds in the car, which is what I really wanted it for.

Overall a good deal for the price, especially if you already have a cart going.

admrgd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages admrgd
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems. These are new, I've ordered a couple myself.

Did you email email support@woot.com for assistance? Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

I did, Woot said to go through the manufacturer. The manufacturer did not offer any shipping for a DOA unit. The replacement had a new USB cable and sticker on the bottom which is why I thought the first one was a refurb.

You got lucky with new product, hope no one else gets someone's reshipped dud.

DJHydrogen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DJHydrogen

The Fine Audio bluetooth speaker is the PERFECT beach / outdoor hangout speaker! Not super loud, but it's already lasted more than twice through full charges on my phone without recharging and mounts to my beach cruiser easily using a cupholder.

I will buy more if they pop up again.

DJHydrogen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DJHydrogen
shellyyoga wrote:Fine Audio mini speakers...

Seriously the best $12 speakers!

Before buying on the last woot sale, I read the discussions and some one mentioned that they look like knock offs that get good reviews on amazon.

I read those reviews and went ahead and bought two. I'm buying more from this sale to give to my yoga teacher friends who need to bring music to their classes. No batteries (USB rechargeable) no wires (flawless Bluetooth) and a GREAT sound.

One of the reviews mentioned that the bass isn't that booming, which is true, but for these cute colorful little guys to have so much sound and for so ridiculously inexpensive... They are WORTH every meager penny spent

What this person said! The Fine Bluetooth speaker is a GREAT deal and I'm very happy with it. It also works pretty good as a bluetooth speaker in the car if your phone has commands to answer calls, send texts, etc.