MTrail1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MTrail1

I have one of these and it has saved us TWICE! Once when the ice maker line busted and once when the washing machine sprung a leak.

djalliduck

quality posts: 23 Private Messages djalliduck

Bought an old house, I have six leak frogs in total. 2 months into buying the house my shower stopped draining and the toilet in the bathroom I was using started leaking. While dealing with that, the one in my master bathroom started screaming to let me know my MB toilet was leaking too. So glad for these things!

alm723

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alm723

Was trying to decide whether or not to buy these, then went into my kitchen and opened under the sink to grab a trash bag to find a ton of standing water under there.

Decision made. Now I just have to figure out where else in my house is a water disaster waiting to happen...

srees

quality posts: 9 Private Messages srees

Just discovered one of mine under the sink yesterday is dead. New batteries, still won't beep. Guess Woot! knew I needed a replacement!

How can something be better than nothing if nothing is perfect?

I can haz badgez finally after 12 Bungled Original Communicator

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

Once upon a time there was a boy named, oh, let's say 'Ash'. He lived in a very dry apartment, and he never had any water problems. One day, he stumbled upon a website named Woot! The current denizens of this community welcomed him fondly, and many gave helpful advice. "Beware the trolls," they warned, and: "try to get a Barrels of Crud". Some even told him: "If you see a Leak Frog, BUY IT, for Leak Frogs (aside from being sort of cute and silly) are one of the most helpful items you'll likely find on Woot!"

But young Ash was not swayed by their pleas. And lo, when the Leak Frog was high in the heavens (and by that I mean for sale in the middle of the night, while our protagonist was awake and watching the WootOff), he failed to purchase said Leak Frog, thinking: "I have no need for such a thing, no matter how cute and silly they may be."

And so it came to pass that upon the ninth night after the Leak Frog was offer'ed for sale upon the great site of Woot, did Ash's washing machine overflow. By the grace of the Woot gods (or ____Insert Higher Power Here___) young Ash was awaken'd by a powerful thirst, and, upon walking towards the kitchen, came upon a large puddle of water before it managed to soak yon entire apartment. Many were the swear words said that night, and not a few of them were directed towards himself, for he had not heeded the advice of the more knowledgeable Wooters: "Spend the frakkin' money; buy a frakkin' Leak Frog." He didn't believe the people in this thread.

Let this be a lesson unto you, my Wooters. Whenever you see a Leak Frog offered, purchase the maximum amount allowed. Don't end up like Ash, wet and soggy in the middle of the night. For shame!

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191
whatsamattaU wrote:LEEEEEAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKK FRRRRROGGGGGGSSSSSSSSS

I have double digit, hope they never come in handy, but read all of the previous woots--many have benefitted, and if nothing else is the unofficial symbol of woot after the flying monkey.

Really? I thought the unofficial symbol of Woot was Brave Woman?

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

auctionsaver wrote:Once upon a time there was a boy named, oh, let's say 'Ash'. He lived in a very dry apartment, and he never had any water problems. One day, he stumbled upon a website named Woot! The current denizens of this community welcomed him fondly, and many gave helpful advice. "Beware the trolls," they warned, and: "try to get a Barrels of Crud". Some even told him: "If you see a Leak Frog, BUY IT, for Leak Frogs (aside from being sort of cute and silly) are one of the most helpful items you'll likely find on Woot!"

But young Ash was not swayed by their pleas. And lo, when the Leak Frog was high in the heavens (and by that I mean for sale in the middle of the night, while our protagonist was awake and watching the WootOff), he failed to purchase said Leak Frog, thinking: "I have no need for such a thing, no matter how cute and silly they may be."

And so it came to pass that upon the ninth night after the Leak Frog was offer'ed for sale upon the great site of Woot, did Ash's washing machine overflow. By the grace of the Woot gods (or ____Insert Higher Power Here___) young Ash was awaken'd by a powerful thirst, and, upon walking towards the kitchen, came upon a large puddle of water before it managed to soak yon entire apartment. Many were the swear words said that night, and not a few of them were directed towards himself, for he had not heeded the advice of the more knowledgeable Wooters: "Spend the frakkin' money; buy a frakkin' Leak Frog." He didn't believe the people in this thread.

Let this be a lesson unto you, my Wooters. Whenever you see a Leak Frog offered, purchase the maximum amount allowed. Don't end up like Ash, wet and soggy in the middle of the night. For shame!

Well written! I also assume you were in for 3 this go 'round?

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

MDCole9761

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MDCole9761

Just bought our first house with a sump pump and partially finished basement (and an expensive house at that). I'm in for 2!

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars

Sorry to see the frogs are up for their final sale. They have saved the day in my house on a few occasions. They make great gifts too.
Here's a blast from the past:

You want 3
LeakFrog Water Leak Alarm 2-Pack
You ordered 6 Ideative LeakFrog Water Leak Alarm.
which each cost $12.99
for a subtotal of $38.97
plus tax + $3.36
plus shipping + $5.00
minus discount - $5.00
for a total of $42.33

and you used this coupon code:
TAXSUCKS (note: woot no longer honors this coupon)

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

ceagee

quality posts: 61 Private Messages ceagee
iendive wrote:Hah! I hope they can freak the s%*t out of my cats when they pee in their usual places. If it really works with just a few drops it should work, keeping fingers crossed.

You must post back someday somewhere on Woot to let us know how that worked out. Pictures would be icing on the cake.