lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

LeakFrog Water Leak Alarm 2-Pack
Price: $14.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard or $9 Two-Day or $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

lichme

quality posts: 2663 Private Messages lichme

lichme

quality posts: 2663 Private Messages lichme

Definitely needed for any home owner. Could have saved me a really big clean up job, and new carpet. Lesson learned.

jkmahan

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jkmahan

Makes me think of old times. Though it would have been on the main (ok, only) page.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

LEEEEEAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKK FRRRRROGGGGGGSSSSSSSSS

I have double digit, hope they never come in handy, but read all of the previous woots--many have benefitted, and if nothing else is the unofficial symbol of woot after the flying monkey.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3124 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's check out the product page and let's see what the-gadgeteer.com has to say

Roxenka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Roxenka

Got one after an icemaker-caused flood. Great idea, but we modified ours so that it sits on the counter with wires down to the floor behind frig. It can be heard better & we don't have to move frig to test or change batteries. They should make & sell a version like that!

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191

Like others, my leakfrog saved me a pile on cleanup and who knows how much damage. I bought the two pack a few days ago in one of the WootPlus sections so won't get these tonight.

If you have a place for water to back up (septic, water, etc) in your basement or whatever, this is worth the investment. Mine saved me from permanent floor damage to my entire basement and likely destroyed washer/dryer thanks to stupid repairmen who unplugged my pump!

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

iendive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iendive

Hah! I hope they can freak the s%*t out of my cats when they pee in their usual places. If it really works with just a few drops it should work, keeping fingers crossed.

finzup

quality posts: 2 Private Messages finzup

this was my 1st woot purchase .. way back in, oh 2006?

anyway we put it next to our water tank. one night we heard a beeping that sounded unlike our smoke detectors. I said to my husband, "It's the leak frog" and we ran down to the basement as fast as we could. Sure enough froggy was a singin and our water tank and sprung a leak.
Had it not been for this little green guy we would've walked downstairs in the morning to a heck of a lot worse situation.

Of course this doesn't work if you're not home to hear it, but for the $15 bucks it costs it's a good investment for the when you're home.

I don't know where my leak frog ended up after that leak - guess I should get some more

I've noticed that some people list all their woot purchases in their signature. Me? No way, no how. I don't even want to acknowledge to myself, much less anyone else, just how much $$ I've spent on woot crap since 2006.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

HELLO Leak Frog!

Enjoy a podcast from yesteryear:

http://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/wootfiles/20071119-nxamoh.mp3

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

plmnwater

quality posts: 3 Private Messages plmnwater

Put one under your dishwasher, it's common for them to leak when the pump goes out.
Put one near the furnace. If the discharge hose from your A/C coil plugs up, water can end up everywhere.
Put one by your water main.
Put one by your water heater.

I have one by each, and they have saved me a few times. Just last week, the packing nut on my water heater shut off valve started leaking. The leak frog saved the day again. $15 vs. thousands of dollars in damage is a no brainer to me.

acraigl

quality posts: 37 Private Messages acraigl

Yay! Leakfrogs! Welcome back old friends.

sharol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sharol

These little guys just saved us for the 3rd time in 6 years. This time it was a water heater leak. I have one near the water heater, one by the washing machine, and 2 along a wall of our house that flooded one time 8 years ago. We are still on the first batteries.

bibliovore

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bibliovore

These little guys have saved me, too. I wasn't aware of leak detectors until I saw these on Woot a couple of years ago. I did a bit of research, and ordered two pairs. ONE WEEK after I set them up, I ran the garbage disposal and immediately heard a very loud beeping. Sure enough, it was the frog I'd stuck under the kitchen sink, alerting me that the garbage disposal was leaking inside the undersink cabinet. I don't know how long it'd've taken me to notice without the frog, but definitely longer than mere seconds, and almost certainly long enough for serious water damage.

Kenundrum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Kenundrum

Sellout? I hope they never fully sell out- for old times' sake at least.

For what it's worth- they are pretty handy for anyone who doesn't live outside.
Back when they were on woot all the time, i never thought i would need one cause i had an apartment. One night i woke up to a strange dripping sound. I turned on the light and my ceiling lamp was all full of water and gunk. The apartment complex i was in had individual water heaters for each unit and apparently the one in the apartment above mine died and no one noticed it until it began to flood the adjacent units.
So be on notice apartment dwellers- these could be useful to you as well!
And you get to finally become a true wooter once you have a pair of leak frogs.

danjreed

quality posts: 8 Private Messages danjreed

LEAK FROGS!!!

Ok, I got a pair of these as one of my first W00T!s ever.

They work really well, saved my bacon a few times! Quietly sitting guard waiting to warn me of a leak.

My Food Network collection in the basement is safe with them on guard*

*I don't have a Food Network collection, its model trains.

**They only guard against water. They are useless against zombies***.

***Zombies never attacked them.

jwvess00

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jwvess00

The last time they were on here I bought one set. I just bought more. They work. Wanna test them? Just hold them flat in the palm of your hand. That's enough conductivity to set them off.

Mine never went off while I was in my old house, until I had it professionally cleaned for sale. The cleaning crew told me there was an alarm going off. Somehow they managed to slop some water under the kitchen sink (I'm guessing through the sink water sprayer's hole) and the LeakFrog let them know that was not acceptable.

bbillstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbillstein

Woot used to sell them for $12.99/pr, INCLUDING batteries. Now they are $14.99/pr without the required 6 AAA batteries, making the deal a bit less attractive - but they are still worth it. Saved my a$$ a few times. I have more than 20 of these little green croakers in various places around my house.

mavery81230

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mavery81230

It's easy to laugh at leakfrogs. Surely nothing that kitschy in a cute way or cute in a kitschy way can do anything useful. Still, we got a bunch of 'em and put them under every sink we have.

And as we were preparing for Thanksgiving dinner, our garbage disposal started leaking under our sink. Leakfrog let us know in time that we didn't lose anything that was stored there, and the wood didn't have time to start rotting - messy repair avoided!

WELL worth the investment.

Leakfrog to the rescue! Leakfrog to the rescue!
GO LEAKFROG! GO!

dmv930

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dmv930

Although it may seem like a silly item, it really does work. I was leaving on vacation and heard one of these going off in the house. It was in my attic, next to the overflow pan for the air conditioner which had just started overflowing. If I had not had this guy, I would have come home to thousands of dollars worth of damage.

ruancaiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruancaiman

Yay! Welcome back old friends. I bought 2 @ $7.99 each in 2007, one has lived in the attic next to our water heater and saved us once when the water heater was starting to rust out. The other one is in its box somewhere, undisturbed.

19 Woots To Date, including
Woot Classics:
Random Craps on 9/24/2008 11/17/2006
Leakfrogs on 7/19/2007

martinezds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martinezds

Bought these years ago and still work great. Have save a big mess a time or two as well.

lalian

quality posts: 9 Private Messages lalian

These things work. Everyone should have one under each sink, by the water heater, and by the washer.

renatuslives

quality posts: 9 Private Messages renatuslives

Upon backs of green
The shrill chorus rises high.
Water is coming!

themdg

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themdg

They say that wise Wooters learn from their own mistakes, and superwise Wooters learn from others' water leaks.

Ordered 4.

Wootlists are silly.

dukette316

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dukette316

I LOVE Leak Frogs! A couple years ago, our upstairs stool ran over while nobody noticed (the kids were home)and it was a horrible mess! It ruined drywall, we ended up throwing away a bunch of toys and books. Yuck. Then I found these on Woot and put them downstairs. It saved our basement twice in 24 hours. The washing machine overflowed and sent us running to the basement, where we were able to stop it and clean up was much easier! Then the next morning, I was taking my shower and my hubby shouts, the frog is beeping. Come to find out it wasn't the washer that had a problem, we had a sewer line backup. Anyway, it would have been really bad if not for those frogs! And I sell home insurance, so I'm recommending these type alarms to my customers! I'm in for 2 more!

gille5000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gille5000
iendive wrote:Hah! I hope they can freak the s%*t out of my cats when they pee in their usual places. If it really works with just a few drops it should work, keeping fingers crossed.

It will. One of my cats had taken to peeing behind a chair in my living room, so I put one there and the next time he peed there it went off, sending him freaking out running across the room. He's fine, but hasn't peed there since.

azmarge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azmarge
bbillstein wrote:Woot used to sell them for $12.99/pr, INCLUDING batteries. Now they are $14.99/pr without the required 6 AAA batteries, making the deal a bit less attractive - but they are still worth it. Saved my a$$ a few times. I have more than 20 of these little green croakers in various places around my house.

margaret batalden

azmarge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azmarge
gille5000 wrote:It will. One of my cats had taken to peeing behind a chair in my living room, so I put one there and the next time he peed there it went off, sending him freaking out running across the room. He's fine, but hasn't peed there since.

that is brilliant!!!!!

margaret batalden

chezteladog

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chezteladog

One of my leak frogs notified me just yesterday of an undersink leak of my water purifier. Tightened up a connection and bam. No more leak. Tragedy averted. Thanks Leak Frog!

minnipie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minnipie

How big is each frog?
Since I would LOVE to squeeze one under my dishwasher...

(Come on, Woot! that's what the spec page is for! And no, their own "product page" isn't telling either...)

bigelowb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigelowb

Leak Frogs are BACK! All is well with the world! Welcome old buddies! Leak Frogs RULE!

NyCShadow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NyCShadow

How audible is this alarm, my water heater is in the attic so im afraid I will not hear it if its not loud enough.

jackietherussell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jackietherussell
iendive wrote:Hah! I hope they can freak the s%*t out of my cats when they pee in their usual places. If it really works with just a few drops it should work, keeping fingers crossed.

Oh, if only I could award you a quality post! Just the visual image of that is enough to have made my entire day.

jackietherussell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jackietherussell

I could have used one of these last Thanksgiving. My hubby and sons had left me alone in the house and I was feeling somewhat tired and ill, so after starting to clean up the kitchen, I went to lie down in the living room. The problem was, I left the hot water running in the kitchen sink. The water from the faucet makes no noise as it overflowed the sink, onto the counter, into the drawers, etc. Things could have been much worse as my laptop was sitting on that counter, but amazingly enough, the water somehow missed it. I must have gone through the entire water heater's contents before I wandered back into the kitchen and saw what had happened. I'm in for these.

ronnysrv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ronnysrv
minnipie wrote:How big is each frog?
Since I would LOVE to squeeze one under my dishwasher...

(Come on, Woot! that's what the spec page is for! And no, their own "product page" isn't telling either...)

I'm guessing about 2 to 2.5 inches tall. Under the dishwasher is the first place I put one when we completely remodeled our kitchen. A dishwasher leak would ruin our new hardwood floors!

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
whatsamattaU wrote:LEEEEEAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKK FRRRRROGGGGGGSSSSSSSSS

I have double digit, hope they never come in handy, but read all of the previous woots--many have benefitted, and if nothing else is the unofficial symbol of woot after the flying monkey.

+1

btanoue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btanoue

Hi,
I have these. They work. My AC unit has a pump for drainage to push the water above grade. One day it failed, and I heard a beeping. I had no idea what it was. Following the sound I found the little guy in a puddle of water and quickly cleaned up the mess. Saved me pain and suffering.

I now have them near the washer, under the sink and toilet and anywhere else there is water that I can't physically see.