Read some reviews over at Walgreens

lichme

quality posts: 2950 Private Messages lichme

Item: Remington i-LIGHT Pro Hair Removal System
Price: $149.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: Refurbished

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
10/17/2013 - $149.99 - 39 comment(s)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3542 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page and some OK reviews (3.4 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com

sdc100

quality posts: 505 Private Messages sdc100

FYI, this is not laser hair removal, like that used by Tria. Instead, it uses a VERY high intensity flash of normal light, similar to a camera flash. When contained, this light is absorbed by your hair, carrying the energy to the root where it is destroyed by the heat. The major advantage of pulsed lighting versus laser is that the treatment area is much larger. Just compare the area lit by a laser vs that by a conventional flashlight. The disadvantage is that the lighting cartridge needs to be replaced regularly to maintain its intensity.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3542 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's watch a video

extremusmaximus

quality posts: 14 Private Messages extremusmaximus
conanthelibrarian wrote:Let's watch a video

Did she say it was OK for removing hair from her "~" parts?

sdc100

quality posts: 505 Private Messages sdc100

Although Remington is too cautious to recommend this for facial use, many men and women have used it successfully on their face. See Amazon reviews. Models by other companies using the same technology, power and frequency are advertised as safe for facial use. Keep in mind that Remington never states that it's unsafe or ineffective to use on the face -- merely that they never cleared it for that use. And this is their own corporate clearance, not some FDA designation as far as I know. It;s a way to avoid lawsuits. The biggest concern is having the light too close to the eyes so wear goggles if possible.

Also, Remington is again cautious by saying that it's for temporary hair removal. Models from other companies with nearly identical specs advertise that it can permanently remove hair. That would indeed be the case if you destroy the follicle -- just like electrolysis. You need to follow the multiple treatment schedule carefully for best results.

Companies usually exaggerate the specs of their products but Remington is unusual in downplaying the two aspects of this product. Bravo to Remington but I'm afraid that it has hurt sales as compared to competing IPL products.

Wyatt8

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Wyatt8

I was thinking the replacement cartridges could be as much as the original ... so I was holding back, but here...

we have them at Wally World
for about $22

a perfect day to have a great day on purpose...
or because the store clerk told you to...

kmiller4

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kmiller4
sdc100 wrote:FYI, this is not laser hair removal, like that used by Tria. Instead, it uses a VERY high intensity flash of normal light, similar to a camera flash. When contained, this light is absorbed by your hair, carrying the energy to the root where it is destroyed by the heat. The major advantage of pulsed lighting versus laser is that the treatment area is much larger. Just compare the area lit by a laser vs that by a conventional flashlight. The disadvantage is that the lighting cartridge needs to be replaced regularly to maintain its intensity.

I've been using the same cartridge since April-- of course I only use it on my face. I suppose if you were doing legs or underarms it might need to be changed sooner.

kmiller4

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kmiller4

BTW-- this has worked great for me and saved me a small fortune at the salon. I highly recommend it. I have used it exclusively on my face and the hair has all but disappeared.

SailCat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SailCat

I checked it out because the thunbnail looked like a bedpan. Much to by surprise, the full-size picture also looks like a bedpan

'Hope this is a solution for hirsute wooters.

dmpower

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmpower

Looks like the same refurbished light is $199 at the Remington site with free shipping
http://www.remingtonproducts.com/womens/ipl/i-light-pro/refurbished-i-light-pro-intense-pulsed-light-hair-removal-system.aspx

theco2

quality posts: 67 Private Messages theco2
SailCat wrote:I checked it out because the thunbnail looked like a bedpan. Much to by surprise, the full-size picture also looks like a bedpan

Are you trying to insinuate you need a bed pan?

jind0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jind0
SailCat wrote:I checked it out because the thunbnail looked like a bedpan. Much to by surprise, the full-size picture also looks like a bedpan

I thought it was a toilet seat..lol

stardustmage

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardustmage

Signs I've been working waaaayyy too much lately: I saw it and first thought was bwa? A bedpan on sellout!? A quick message to a friend got the same reaction.

KidKobun

quality posts: 6 Private Messages KidKobun

Pulled the trigger on this one.

I'll try and keep all of this short, but it's information that some of you may want to know.
First off, I'm a guy in my early 30s. I am Italian, have dark hair, and light skin, but tan easily. I've probably spent a few thousands at laser clinics trying to laser away the hair under my jaw line, the front of my neck and on the back of my neck. I hate it, and absolutely DESPISE shaving with a passion! You know what, I can't even express how much I hate it! I hate shaving that much.

I have very sensitive skin and when I would shave it would get really irritated, so almost a decade ago I said screw it and started going to laser hair clinics. What you have heard is very true, laser hair removal can be extremely pricey! Like I said, I have spent thousands of dollars on my quest to achieve hair-free skin. But the way I am looking at it, one session is roughly about the same price as this Remington i-LIGHT unit, so it is well worth it to me. One thing I will highly advise (that I myself am going to do): purchase some pre-laser removal numbing cream like NumbNuts or BareEase, or you can call your local hair removal clinic and find out what they use to ease the sting of the laser before they start zapping away. The pain isn't that excruciating, but it does get annoying after a while and can get a little sensitive when you're doing areas like the back of your neck or around your highly-sensitive "nether" regions (have yet to venture into that territory, but I know that stubble down there straight up sucks to high hell).

For some, like me, the hair will probably never fully go away, but it is very nice not to have to shave for 2-3 months at a time, and it well worth it for comfort and confidence sake. Every review I think I've ever read for an at-home hair removal product, I have always felt was total BS, but at this price, and at this point in my life, I'm going all in on this fight because I'm tired of being so self conscious about body hair. I know that it is a sensitive topic and some of you, like me, are self conscious about it too. I'm trying to fight the good fight by providing some honest information, I'm sure I could go on with more details, tips, facts, etc., but I'll cut it off here. If anyone has any questions, by all means, please feel free to ask away by sending me a PM or posting a response in this thread.

gishdream

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gishdream
kmiller4 wrote:I've been using the same cartridge since April-- of course I only use it on my face. I suppose if you were doing legs or underarms it might need to be changed sooner.

Do you like it?
Are you a Male or female?

raqui

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raqui

Hi I was wondering does the fact that it's refurbished make a difference? and if so how? thanks

KidKobun

raqui wrote:Hi I was wondering does the fact that it's refurbished make a difference? and if so how? thanks

Well I don't think that it will make a difference in how it was originally intended to perform, but there is a Square trade offer on it for $35 for two years. I was thinking about tacking that on, myself.

dmpower

Received mine yesterday, DOA
I cant get it to take a sample to unlock the light.
If this is a gift you may want to make sure it's working before you let it sit around for a month

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dmpower wrote:Received mine yesterday, DOA
I cant get it to take a sample to unlock the light.
If this is a gift you may want to make sure it's working before you let it sit around for a month

Ugh, sorry about that. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KidKobun

Received mine yesterday. Knowing what a pro-strength clinic laser feels like on a high-setting, I was hesitant to crank this one up to the highest output setting at first, so I initially tried it on my upper leg on the lowest setting. I didn't feel a damn thing. So then I quickly shaved my lower abdomen area and cranked it up to max and pulled the trigger. I felt a small zap, but TOTALLY tolerable. Not even remotely close to the rubber band snap/sting sting that the pro lasers give off. I have a feeling that this will work, but will just take a few more sessions (fortunately at a fraction of the price).

dmpower

ThunderThighs wrote:Ugh, sorry about that. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Thanks,
I'd like to report that I took the head apart, removed the light, replaced everything and it works just fine!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dmpower wrote:Thanks,
I'd like to report that I took the head apart, removed the light, replaced everything and it works just fine!!

Woooo! High-Five!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders