WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Andis Pet EasyClip Versa Clipper 12-Piece Kit

Speed to First Woot:
8m 34.226s
First Sucker:
keepoot6
Last Wooter to Woot:
banno4
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 15% of Sellout Woots
Top 28% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 13% of Sellout Woots
Top 12% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 8% first woot
  • 4% second woot
  • 27% < 10 woots
  • 25% < 25 woots
  • 36% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 4% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 13% one year old
  • 82% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 95% bought 1
  • 2% bought 2
  • 3% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

4%
2%
2%
1%
2%
2%
5%
7%
9%
10%
8%
6%
5%
7%
5%
4%
4%
3%
4%
2%
2%
2%
2%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


lichme


quality posts: 3125 Private Messages lichme

Item: Andis Pet EasyClip Versa Clipper 12-Piece Kit
Price: $39.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3807 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.3 paws out of 5.0) over at petco.com

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3807 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Wag.com says "that's good stuff"

amnewsboy


quality posts: 48 Private Messages amnewsboy

Perhaps I'm not hip to the ways of the animal grooming world, but what makes these substantially different than the standard clippers (for people) I can get at Target for &20?

bolts


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bolts

Can't say for sure about this model n particular but it has proprietary blades and they're not just snap on plastic combs, each size is a self contained blade and generally this style is much more robust. I use an andis agc and that uses universal blades which are much heavier duty than the plastic comb type 19.99 type u can buy at target.

amnewsboy wrote:Perhaps I'm not hip to the ways of the animal grooming world, but what makes these substantially different than the standard clippers (for people) I can get at Target for &20?



vampirefrost


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vampirefrost

how does this do on long hair cats?
i have a mainecoon and she has long thick hair and most clippers will not work or over heat after a very short time.

skywarrior3


quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3

Bizarre questions:

How would this work on a llama and goats?

Yes, it would work on my dogs, but they don't need an occasional clip. My llama, however, does.

www.howlingdead.com

davisgeo33


quality posts: 0 Private Messages davisgeo33
skywarrior3 wrote:Bizarre questions:

How would this work on a llama and goats?

Yes, it would work on my dogs, but they don't need an occasional clip. My llama, however, does.



What do you mean your dogs dont need an occasional clip? I have an Husky and shave her twice a year! March to get rid of the winter coat and August to get rid of the summer coat. Its the best thing I ever started doing! Much less shedding! Very little hair tumble weeds in the house!!

chaajoad


quality posts: 1 Private Messages chaajoad

So a quick question. We have a small (20 lb) Schnauzer-Cocker mix (she's a Schnocker!) and the price of her grooming keeps going up. Is it foolish to think I could keep her relatively well groomed on my own with these clippers or .. ?

ithinkblue


quality posts: 16 Private Messages ithinkblue

I bought an Andis clipper a couple years ago. With the clippers and a scissors I do my Yorkies myself. It not a professional job, but after the first few days it grows out,they look just fine. I also trim up the German Shepherd a bit. If you stop and clean the blade out every 10 min or so it will not overheat. Smart purchase!

theco2


quality posts: 85 Private Messages theco2
amnewsboy wrote:Perhaps I'm not hip to the ways of the animal grooming world, but what makes these substantially different than the standard clippers (for people) I can get at Target for &20?

You get what you pay for. You can get $20 clippers for dogs, but they aren't going to clip a dog with thick hair.
I wouldn't trust $20 clippers, from Target, to cut my hair, either.

Brihen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brihen
chaajoad wrote:So a quick question. We have a small (20 lb) Schnauzer-Cocker mix (she's a Schnocker!) and the price of her grooming keeps going up. Is it foolish to think I could keep her relatively well groomed on my own with these clippers or .. ?



I used to trim my Miniature Schnauzer,years ago and once I got the hang of it, he came out really well. Now I have a Golden Doodle puppy and want to start doing it again myself.

jmackinac


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmackinac
amnewsboy wrote:Perhaps I'm not hip to the ways of the animal grooming world, but what makes these substantially different than the standard clippers (for people) I can get at Target for &20?



I had the same question as many of you...is it good for longer hair and why not just get a standard $20 clipper? Looking at the photos, the blades on this clipper are much more heavy duty and more "coarse" than that of clipper for humans. Trust me, I'm sitting here looking at my human clipper and there's a huge difference. I'm in for one.

littledoomy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages littledoomy
davisgeo33 wrote:What do you mean your dogs dont need an occasional clip? I have an Husky and shave her twice a year! March to get rid of the winter coat and August to get rid of the summer coat. Its the best thing I ever started doing! Much less shedding! Very little hair tumble weeds in the house!!



Sure it makes your life easier, but it's definitely not the best thing you can be doing for your Husky. Husky's have a two layer coat that insulates extremely well... keeping the dog warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Furthermore, if you clip/shave a Husky it will eventually ruin the coat and disturb the proper shedding process. I'd recommend doing some research before continuing to shave your husky.

CTRN


quality posts: 1 Private Messages CTRN
amnewsboy wrote:Perhaps I'm not hip to the ways of the animal grooming world, but what makes these substantially different than the standard clippers (for people) I can get at Target for &20?



onomea


quality posts: 0 Private Messages onomea

No offense to potential buyers but I HIGHLY recommend CERAMIC BLADES. This is a minor league product in comparison. Keep an eye open - once in a while they have a special on the ceramic. THAT IS WHEN YOU BUY - not now

CTRN


quality posts: 1 Private Messages CTRN
CTRN wrote:



Ceramic are a bit better but not necessary for a dog owner who is doing only one or two. Most groomers use the Andis Ultraedge.

Manki


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Manki
vampirefrost wrote:how does this do on long hair cats?
i have a mainecoon and she has long thick hair and most clippers will not work or over heat after a very short time.



I second this. It's the reason I'm considering it but I haven't even tried to cut my cats hair. He usually goes to get a cut for 50$


-

318197


quality posts: 1 Private Messages 318197
theco2 wrote:You get what you pay for. You can get $20 clippers for dogs, but they aren't going to clip a dog with thick hair.
I wouldn't trust $20 clippers, from Target, to cut my hair, either.



I bought $20 clippers from Target about 7 years ago to cut my own hair.

They're still sharp and going strong...

kraft1013


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kraft1013

I have this already. It's awesome and works really well. I've used it about 30 times and it's a nice way to save money not taking my dogs to the groomer. I'd buy another but I'm thinking it's going to last a while longer.

Just be careful around saggy bits of skin like armpits - it can scrape some skin off if you're not careful.

proud2busmc


quality posts: 5 Private Messages proud2busmc
littledoomy wrote:Sure it makes your life easier, but it's definitely not the best thing you can be doing for your Husky. Husky's have a two layer coat that insulates extremely well... keeping the dog warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Furthermore, if you clip/shave a Husky it will eventually ruin the coat and disturb the proper shedding process. I'd recommend doing some research before continuing to shave your husky.




I was going to say the same. We live in Key West and there are quite a few Huskies but no one ever shaves them because they need that undercoat in order to keep cool.

cwolfpack3


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cwolfpack3

I have two large goldendoodles whose hair is not easy to trim. Any trimmer I bought at a discount store, including major brands, for less than $50 doesn't cut it. I end up clipping by hand. I spent big bucks on an Andis clipper at our local Farm/Tractor store and it works like a charm. The blades are over $20 each, and they work universally on all the Andis clippers. Just to get the blades alone, the price of the set is terrific. WTG Woot! (and I'm kicking myself for spending almost $200 on the high end Andis clipper, but it works sooo well.)

taritac


quality posts: 0 Private Messages taritac

How does it do clipping hair behind the ears? My dog's hair tends to mat behind his ears, and I'm afraid I might accidentally cut him if I use scissors to cut back there.