WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pet Grooming

Let's face it: Pets are capable of demonstrating limitless affection, but they're idiots when it comes to bathing. Help your pal get hygienic. You're the one with opposable thumbs, after all.

Quality Posts

faughtey

quality posts: 21 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

Some helpful information about clipper blades:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?aid=2296

And a picture chart showing blades used in grooming a cocker spaniel:

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

whissdd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages whissdd

Once the groomers find out these Osters are on Woot they will sell out. So get 'em before the word is out. Just sayin...

havocsback

quality posts: 4 Private Messages havocsback

I wonder if these shampoos have a long shelf life. Several look to be a 12 to 1 concentrate, so you'll wind up with 12 gallons of shampoo/conditioner. For my 18 pound terrier, that could be a lifetime supply, or I could just wash her a LOT more often.
Unsure she'd go along with that plan. Great price though!

exlaxer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages exlaxer

I'm wondering if anyone can comment on these brands and types of shampoos and conditioners - if they're recommended or unheard-of, etc. We have two large-breed dogs we usually take to a groomer, but that's pricey.

I hope you can sleep at night knowing that you just made me buy 3.

havocsback

quality posts: 4 Private Messages havocsback
exlaxer wrote:I'm wondering if anyone can comment on these brands and types of shampoos and conditioners - if they're recommended or unheard-of, etc. We have two large-breed dogs we usually take to a groomer, but that's pricey.

The brand is Tomlyn. Not a big consumer brand, but your groomer's familiar with them. Google 'em.

stevef2222

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevef2222

so you show a photo of a dog being bathed with a shower thingie hooked on a sink faucet...and then you don't offer the shower thingie...smart, real smart

Triosinal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Triosinal
whissdd wrote:Once the groomers find out these Osters are on Woot they will sell out. So get 'em before the word is out. Just sayin...

My groomer wife says 'meh' to the Oster clippers. Too loud. But, she also grooms cats, which are a lot more sensitive to such things.

She is currently in process of buying a couple extra blades, though.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

stevef2222 wrote:so you show a photo of a dog being bathed with a shower thingie hooked on a sink faucet...and then you don't offer the shower thingie...smart, real smart

Just to be clear, we're not selling the dog either.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

glazedfaith

quality posts: 33 Private Messages glazedfaith
ThunderThighs wrote:Just to be clear, we're not selling the dog either.

But, as usual, the thing that got me to click on the listing (shower head on a hose), is not what's for sale. I'm a sad.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

glazedfaith wrote:But, as usual, the thing that got me to click on the listing (shower head on a hose), is not what's for sale. I'm a sad.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ebam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebam

need to add the Oyster clipper spray to the offerings. That stuff is awesome and definitely improves the life of your clippers and the space between sharpening/maintenance needs.

Manki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Manki

I didnt even see this woot until now? Anyone here shave long haired cats?

-

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
Manki wrote:I didnt even see this woot until now? Anyone here shave long haired cats?

yes...usually when they are matted to the skin. Why do you ask? =^..^=

jkmahan

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jkmahan

Anybody know of a good spray head that allows mixing shampoo in it?

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

These are excellent prices for the Oster clippers and blades. I just called my groomer to let her know about the availability. She's ordering from 2 different accounts, hers and 1 of her assistants. She's very appreciative that I called her about it as she rarely checks the site but has purchased here. Good 1 W000T!

Also, humans who do their own buzz cuts can use the Oster or hairdressers & barbers would benefit by these prices.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

MichXelle

ebam wrote:need to add the Oyster clipper spray to the offerings. That stuff is awesome and definitely improves the life of your clippers and the space between sharpening/maintenance needs.

The main purpose is to cool the blade so you don't burn the animal.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

MichXelle

faughtey wrote:Some helpful information about clipper blades:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?aid=2296

And a picture chart showing blades used in grooming a cocker spaniel:

I never use Foster and Smith for purchases and don't like some of their information they provide.

There are much better prices and information about animal health out there then they have. Nice picture of how to groom a cocker spaniel though. There are books that explain all breeds.

faughtey

quality posts: 21 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

MichXelle wrote:I never use Foster and Smith for purchases and don't like some of their information they provide.

There are much better prices and information about animal health out there then they have. Nice picture of how to groom a cocker spaniel though. There are books that explain all breeds.

Feel free to post better information! Just telling us there is "better information and prices" out there is not helpful. I use http://www.upco.com/ to buy many dog supplies, but I'm a bargain hunter and shop wherever I can get the best deal.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
MichXelle wrote:
Also, humans who do their own buzz cuts can use the Oster or hairdressers & barbers would benefit by these prices.

no human that cuts their own hair would pay this much money for clippers without the combs that attach to allow cutting at different lengths. I cut my hair with a no. 2 comb, which is pretty nice.
you should give you barber a call too. see if he wants to cut hair with dog clippers.

And look up the price of the clippers on amazon before you tell people how good the price on here is. the a5 is the same price on amazon every day as the shipping through the current vendor is free.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

theco2

quality posts: 91 Private Messages theco2

People wash their dogs way too much. Unless your dog really stinks or is filthy dirty, don't wash your dog. My dog gets a bath about once every six months, or less.
If the dog has the dingy "dog smell," try switching his food to something without corn. I suggest feeding something like Natural Choice or better.

ThunderThighs wrote:Just to be clear, we're not selling the dog either.

Darn it! I was hoping to get a Westie, too.

Irukandjia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irukandjia
theco2 wrote:People wash their dogs way too much. Unless your dog really stinks or is filthy dirty, don't wash your dog. My dog gets a bath about once every six months, or less.
If the dog has the dingy "dog smell," try switching his food to something without corn. I suggest feeding something like Natural Choice or better.

If you have a dog that doesn't shed and choose not to wash him or her for six months you will have a disgusting dog on your hands.

http://happytailsspa-blog.com/2008/06/02/how-often-should-i-wash-my-dog/

I don't know much about the source but it's on par with what my vet has told me. How often you bathe your dog is very dependent upon which type of dog you have. A blanket statement saying people wash their dogs too much isn't helpful at all. Some dogs require more frequent bathing. I am sure your dog is just fine because of the breed or mix of breeds he or she is but that advice is not sound for all dogs. If your dogs skin is dry from bathing change the shampoo. It should not make your dogs skin dry to simply bathe him or her.