conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3150 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Good reviews (3.8 out of 5.0) over at amazon

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3150 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

TONS of very good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at bhphotovideo.com

ldhawaii

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ldhawaii

Does this have an audio out? I looked online and getting conflicting reports. I bought a cheap samsung before from costco and it didnt have any audio output so you cant hook up any speakers. So I had to return that. Thanks

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ldhawaii wrote:Does this have an audio out? I looked online and getting conflicting reports. I bought a cheap samsung before from costco and it didnt have any audio output so you cant hook up any speakers. So I had to return that. Thanks

Not sure where you're finding the other info; our site as well as Walmart and even Samsung show no audio-out ports.

ldhawaii

ROGETRAY wrote:Not sure where you're finding the other info; our site as well as Walmart and even Samsung show no audio-out ports.

Um the walmart link you posted says it has a digitial audio out.

Connector Type: 2 x HDMI input ( 19 pin HDMI Type A ) ¦ 1 x USB 2.0 ( 4 pin USB Type A ) ¦ 1 x digital audio output (optical) ( TOSLINK ) ¦ 1 x composite video / component video input ( RCA phono x 3 ) ¦ 1 x audio line-in ( RCA phono x 2 )

The amazon link posted a few posts above says it has an audio out.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN32D403-32-Inch-Black-MODEL/dp/B004VRJ3KQ#productDetails

And if you search LN32D403, some ppl says it has and some ppl say it doesnt. You know how some stores get their own versions/models of certain items. Maybe the walmart version of this does have the output. IDK

jbartus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbartus
ldhawaii wrote:Um the walmart link you posted says it has a digitial audio out.

Connector Type: 2 x HDMI input ( 19 pin HDMI Type A ) ¦ 1 x USB 2.0 ( 4 pin USB Type A ) ¦ 1 x digital audio output (optical) ( TOSLINK ) ¦ 1 x composite video / component video input ( RCA phono x 3 ) ¦ 1 x audio line-in ( RCA phono x 2 )

The amazon link posted a few posts above says it has an audio out.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN32D403-32-Inch-Black-MODEL/dp/B004VRJ3KQ#productDetails

And if you search LN32D403, some ppl says it has and some ppl say it doesnt. You know how some stores get their own versions/models of certain items. Maybe the walmart version of this does have the output. IDK

Backplate photos on Newegg show 2x HDMI in, 1x USB, 1x Component A/V input set, 1x Service port, and 1x C7 power input.

tonyp063

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonyp063

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/LN32D403E2DXZA-specs

Direct from the Samsung website.
Specs say no audio output

casey00001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages casey00001

Woot: Got a gripe here. Please don't try to sell us a TV in the future without a picture of the back of the set showing all inputs and outputs. Thanks in advance.

mtrotter2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtrotter2
casey00001 wrote:Woot: Got a gripe here. Please don't try to sell us a TV in the future without a picture of the back of the set showing all inputs and outputs. Thanks in advance.

Found a picture of her backside on eBay.

ghengis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ghengis

They had these up a few weeks ago. I got 3 to use as digital signs. They work well. I have hung them at 90 degrees (long way) and their USB port has been useful. It can be used as a digital picture frame, so I can display still images on it by just putting a .jpg on a thumb drive (no interlacing of the image folks, it's too dumb to deal with that). I also have put a raspberry pi on one, the usb port gives enough power to power that. It has a slide show function, but even it's slowest speed setting is too fast for my needs, and it blinks horribly with the image change, so you really need something like a pi to deal with this.

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik
casey00001 wrote:Woot: Got a gripe here. Please don't try to sell us a TV in the future without a picture of the back of the set showing all inputs and outputs. Thanks in advance.

I second this. I always look for a photo of inputs and outputs when buying something.

dryakill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dryakill

Me too. I vote for that, its pretty need!

wildfirex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wildfirex

Woot! should know better by now.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

We don't always get samples, especially on larger items. We have to use what vendor/manufacturer art we can find. There's also the problem that TV manufacturers have a bad habit of doing in-production changes to models without changing the model number. Same features and in/outputs but they'll move things around.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

vorbis79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorbis79

Anyone has idea about warranty on this item?

apctek1998

quality posts: 6 Private Messages apctek1998

Woot stuck me with this model last time and it doesn't have an audio out, speakers are bad on it and it is still sitting in the corner of my room on the floor because of it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

vorbis79 wrote:Anyone has idea about warranty on this item?

Warranties are stated at the bottom of the Features tab. This one has a 90-day Woot warranty.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wmeneix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wmeneix
apctek1998 wrote:Woot stuck me with this model last time and it doesn't have an audio out, speakers are bad on it and it is still sitting in the corner of my room on the floor because of it.

It has a usb port get USB speakers??

casey00001

T.T. You have the buying power of Amazon behind you. Tell your vendors what you need or don't accept the item for sale.
A different tune will be sung.
Jeff Bezos, no charge for the advice.

ThunderThighs wrote:We don't always get samples, especially on larger items. We have to use what vendor/manufacturer art we can find. There's also the problem that TV manufacturers have a bad habit of doing in-production changes to models without changing the model number. Same features and in/outputs but they'll move things around.

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple

In case anyone's curious and doesn't have the patience to login or click thru multiple times to "see the price in the cart"... The new price for the LED-backlit replacement version of this woot is $239 @ that Walmart link below.

Did not do detailed spec comparison but at a glance it looked otherwise comparable. I would not let the CFL vs LED backlighting be an issue. In the real world the $ operating cost difference over a year is typically trivial on this screen size.

ROGETRAY wrote:Not sure where you're finding the other info; our site as well as Walmart and even Samsung show no audio-out ports.

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple
ghengis wrote:They had these up a few weeks ago. I got 3 to use as digital signs. They work well. I have hung them at 90 degrees (long way) and their USB port has been useful. It can be used as a digital picture frame, so I can display still images on it by just putting a .jpg on a thumb drive (no interlacing of the image folks, it's too dumb to deal with that). I also have put a raspberry pi on one, the usb port gives enough power to power that. It has a slide show function, but even it's slowest speed setting is too fast for my needs, and it blinks horribly with the image change, so you really need something like a pi to deal with this.

@ghengis, clever and inexpensive solution for large digital signs - kudos.

badc0mpani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badc0mpani
ldhawaii wrote:Does this have an audio out? I looked online and getting conflicting reports. I bought a cheap samsung before from costco and it didnt have any audio output so you cant hook up any speakers. So I had to return that. Thanks

Hello.

Your TV shouldn't be what is producing your main sound to begin with. With cable, you are losing the best experience by not having a DVR (buy separate or add to your plan) which has it's own audio outputs, and with everything else, they have their own audio outputs that you hook up to your receiver for your sound system. I can think of no reason to ever use the TV as an audio-out, unless you're only using the audio out for headphones, in which case it would be slightly cheaper if it had an audio out for that, but still better to get a proper home theater system.

You really are missing out on a lot by not having a DVR, too. People don't post everything you want to see online, especially new shows. Sometimes it takes weeks for those to pop up, unless it's been hyped a lot. And most times you don't get to see any "special events" in their entirety, you might get a few clips of Kanye making a fool of himself, but you miss the rest of the program.

casey00001

A common misconception is that you have to pay for cable in order to get a DVR. Three different flavors of Magnovox DVR's are available at Walmart.

1tb,500GB & 320GB.

Cable sound quality is also inferior to OTA (over the air) antenna sound quality. Cable by its very nature compresses video and audio. If you have not guessed I am no fan of the
thieving cable companies.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Magnavox-HDD-and-DVD-Recorder-with-Digital-Tuner-1TB/20710259

badc0mpani wrote:Hello.

Your TV shouldn't be what is producing your main sound to begin with. With cable, you are losing the best experience by not having a DVR (buy separate or add to your plan) which has it's own audio outputs, and with everything else, they have their own audio outputs that you hook up to your receiver for your sound system. I can think of no reason to ever use the TV as an audio-out, unless you're only using the audio out for headphones, in which case it would be slightly cheaper if it had an audio out for that, but still better to get a proper home theater system.

You really are missing out on a lot by not having a DVR, too. People don't post everything you want to see online, especially new shows. Sometimes it takes weeks for those to pop up, unless it's been hyped a lot. And most times you don't get to see any "special events" in their entirety, you might get a few clips of Kanye making a fool of himself, but you miss the rest of the program.

ldhawaii

badc0mpani wrote:Hello.

lynnbdale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lynnbdale

Will this work as a computer monitor for a desktop PC?