Here is a full review

lichme

quality posts: 2663 Private Messages lichme

Item: Optoma PlayTime LED Gaming Projector
Price: $79.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
6/23/2013 - $99.99 - 18 comment(s)

7/22/2013 - $99.99 (Woot Plus)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3128 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Additional info can be found over on the product page

conanthelibrarian

Let's check out this review

conanthelibrarian

OK reviews (3.6 out of 5.0) over at amazon

conanthelibrarian

Let's watch the projector in action

conanthelibrarian

Good reviews (3.7 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com

joshthegeek

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joshthegeek
conanthelibrarian wrote:Let's check out this review

Despite what is stated in the review, the menus and interfaces are available in English, Francais (French), Deutsche (German, not Dutch), Nederlands (Dutch), Español (Spanish).

Here are links to the manual and datasheet.

http://www.optomausa.com/webresources/files/support/cd92a1e4e0854f96916e8b0cccd75352.pdf

http://www.optomausa.com/webresources/files/support/1002_PT100_Optoma_Datasheet.pdf

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

I bought one of these from woot! several years ago. Its still working fine, great to throw a quick image up on a wall in a dark to very dimly lit room. For the price it is good, don't let the low lumens ratings fool you, it puts out bright enough image for 80" screen in a dark room, better than most pico projectors and a fraction of the cost. DVD's and casual console gaming work great on it. Perfect for kids as it doesn't get hot, doesn't require a cool down period and has very little to mess up in settings.

bryantc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bryantc

I got one last time around about a month ago. Paid $99,now I'm in for another at $79.99. Probably should have waited,but you never know. They are going for about $150 on Amazon,so $99 a good deal,but $79.99 even better. You would pay that much or more for a replacement bulb for most projectors. Haven't had long enough for long term test,but pleased so far. Its small,lightweight and runs cool. Don't let 50 lumens brightness put you off. Its more than capable and has a fairly clear picture. Mostly using mine for projector effects in my yearly Haunted House,so because of minimal use expect to be using these for years to come. Not to mention LED's never need replacing and are rated at 20,000 hours of use,which is about 4 hours a day for 13 years.

whiteknave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whiteknave

"854 x 480 native resolution"

htf is that a "gaming" projector?

silalus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages silalus
whiteknave wrote:"854 x 480 native resolution"

htf is that a "gaming" projector?

I was thinking the same thing, but then I remembered the Wii.

Hey, you could always put Super Mario Bros. 3 on it and reenact The Wizard.

buzzwang

quality posts: 10 Private Messages buzzwang

I also got one of these from wooot a couple years ago. Not as bright as I would like when your trying to do a larger screen (which for me was over 60inches), but a very useful item to have for the price. I've used it more than a few times as a portable projector.

godspeed843

quality posts: 1 Private Messages godspeed843

I got one of these on woot a while back. It works great in a dark room. The sound is decent too. Don't get it expecting a regular projector, think of it as a really well made kids projector.

dalton1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalton1981

Warning to anyone thinking of buying this. 75 Lumens is NOTHING. You will need a 100% dark room for you to see this the way its intended. I had an 900 lumens projector and could't watch tv during the day unless i had blackout curtains. Sunlight washes out the image and you can't see I like turtles!.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Does it work with Pong?

waynemr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages waynemr

I am thinking about getting this and looping a scary movie with it, projected on my garage or something for Halloween. For this price, it is cheaper than a lot of other decorations.

Or maybe put up a sheet in a window and project a video of a giant eyeball or something, from inside the house. Then from outside it would look like your house has a giant glowing eye.

imaskat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imaskat

This + HDMI to VGA convertor (http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-VGA-converter-Audio-Converter/dp/B003O55U8K) + Chromecast would be pretty amazing...

jazzlilly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazzlilly

Any thoughts on what this projector would be like for watching movies outside?

ginsengjin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ginsengjin
jazzlilly wrote:Any thoughts on what this projector would be like for watching movies outside?

I've had the slightly higher model of this projector. The one with 100 lumens. The projector only works in complete darkness, so if you want to use it outside it'll have to be dead in the middle of the night without a lot of ambient light.

IMO, not the best for outside if you want a full movie experience, but decent enough if you're not expecting a perfect picture.

bfselby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfselby

I got a similar one ~2 years ago (pt125 or pt150) and it is not bad. It should be pretty dark to use this. I don't use the speaker. The focus has been my biggest problem. It is a little loose and seems to go slightly out of focus. Picture is otherwise decent. I don't game or watch blu-ray. $80 is def worth it.

RPaulG87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RPaulG87

Get the Neo-I over this. This is just a watered down version, I've had my Neo-I for 2+ years now and it's still amazing. I have an 80 inch screen every time I go to bed, and it has dual speakers which are superior as well. I just have it hooked up to a ROKU