Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2651 Private Messages lichme

Here are some comments from the previous sale
Here is the product page for the T7
Great reviews from Amazon

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3115 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Some additional info on the T7 can be found over on the product page Some additional info on the P7 can also be found on the product page

conanthelibrarian

Lets watch the P7 in action

conanthelibrarian

Let's check out this review on the T7

statikph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages statikph

While it appears to be a great flashlight the deal is questionable at best. After shipping and tax it costs 27 and change. I can find it on amazon for 29 on prime with no tax. I'd rather spend 2 more bucks, get it in 2 days and know i can return it... huge let down on this one guys...

Jorde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jorde

KICK YOURSELF! (if you let this deal pass!) These Lights are amazin!! I have had several cops ask where they could get one. Their standard rechargeable lights cost Hundreds $$$ and can't produce the Lumens and true light that the LED Lenser is capable of.

I hate it, I just picked the T7 up as a weapon light on my shotgun, but paid about $50 for it. You can order the Remote Switch direct from the website http://www.ledlenser.com/accessories/product/remote_switch

along with other parts and accessories. They ship fast and are really friendly. (and in the USA!) This company is now owned by Leatherman, they were a part of Coast until last year. (Coast still makes lights in almost identical packaging but their quality has diminished.)

I have many of their LED lights, these are not toys, they have gold plated contacts, and are tougher than any Mag lites. I have used one everyday for work for almost 6 years...dropped, thrown, sunk!...it still works perfect.

To that guy that wanted to pay $2 Bucks more in case he needed to return it....don't waste your money , put it towards the next model you will want from these guys..

PS: you just missed the smokin' deal WOOT had on the LED Lenser H7 headlight :P

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 36 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

I have the P7. It is a solid chunk of metal flashlight. Build quality is the best I've ever seen in a flashlight. It's pretty much waterproof for anything except scuba diving. If you need a small focusing flashlight that will withstand any kind of abuse this would be perfect.
On the other hand, there are lots of other LED flashlights that are lighter, cheaper, brighter, and have a longer run time. I have a different brand that's made of plastic, is lighter, and brighter. But if I were going camping in the mountains, I would take the P7 and some spare batteries.

sdc100

quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100

I have the T7, and of the 10+ LED flashlights I own, this is the best built. You can tell that they a lot of thought into the physical design. As advertised, the beam is one of the smoothest available with very good uniformity. You'd need a CREE T6 LED to achieve a smoother pattern. The focusing mechanism is nice and tight, and the included holster is very sturdy.

There are a few things I don't like though.
- The switch has no memory. It always turns on with the High setting. Many other LED flashlights remember your last setting.
- Boost mode is somewhat awkward to use. You have to hold the switch halfway down, which is not easy for a tail switch since you can only use your thumb. Once you let go, or press too far, you go to the next mode.
- Boost mode is somewhat gimmicky since it's barely brighter than High (175 lumens vs 135 lumens).
- You can't use rechargeable batteries. The instructions claim that rechargeables can damage the flashlight. While it's true that NiMH batteries are rated at 1.2v (x4 = 4.8v), a good regulated LED circuit should be able to boost that to the 1.5V (x4=6v, at the expense of battery life) of alkalines. I've actually never heard of an LED flashlight not being able to use rechargeables before.
- it uses 4 AAAs as opposed to 3, which most flashlights use.
- battery life is relatively short at 1 hr at the highest setting.
- there are relatively few modes for a high end flashlight (this was around $120 when it first came out!). This only has Hi and Lo, and a gimmicky Boost mode. Many $10 flashlights on eBay have Hi, Med, Lo, SOS, Strobe (for blinding). You can only find these modes on Lenser's higher end models.

sdc100

MOD ALERT...

There are two problems with your description.

1) The T7 and P7 are electronically identical. The P7 also has Dynamic Switch, which you omitted. It's a silly gimmick but people shouldn't buy the slightly heavier/larger T7 because they think it does something the P6 doesn't.

2) High mode does not output 175 lumens. That's Boost mode, which is a momentary feature. I believe High only outputs 135 lumens. If you look on Lenser's site, you'd see that it says, "Max" and "Min," not "High" and "Low." In this case, the Maximum output is provided by Boost mode, not High.

calebabc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calebabc

I'm confused what's the difference between the T7 and P7 other then one electronic mode a being slightly larger? Why buy one over the other?

mrdancer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mrdancer

I would like to see Woot offer Fenix flashlights. They seem to be higher quality than Led Lenser for the same price, and more choices.

queencityrunner

quality posts: 9 Private Messages queencityrunner
sdc100 wrote:...
- You can't use rechargeable batteries. The instructions claim that rechargeables can damage the flashlight. While it's true that NiMH batteries are rated at 1.2v (x4 = 4.8v), a good regulated LED circuit should be able to boost that to the 1.5V (x4=6v, at the expense of battery life) of alkalines. I've actually never heard of an LED flashlight not being able to use rechargeables before.

I would like to see the reference about rechargeables damaging the flashlight (especially since I recently swapped out the alkalines that came with it for 4 rechargeables). I looked at the instruction manual for the T7 http://www.ledlenser.com/userguides/LL/T7_UserGuide.pdf. All it says about batteries is this: "Never try to recharge batteries or use fresh and used batteries together. Always change all batteries at the same time and use high quality batteries and the same type only. Do not use high current batteries or accumulators because of different electrical values. If you do not intend to use the flashlight for a long period of time, take the batteries out to prevent them leaking and damaging the flashlight. Discharged batteries must be taken out. ..." I take "never try to recharge batteries" to mean that you shouldn't try to recharge the alkaline batteries that came with it.

basgta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages basgta

Is this US only? I keep getting this message on check out.

"You must provide a U.S. shipping address for this item or remove it from your order."

magicmax

quality posts: 1 Private Messages magicmax
statikph wrote:While it appears to be a great flashlight the deal is questionable at best. After shipping and tax it costs 27 and change. I can find it on amazon for 29 on prime with no tax. I'd rather spend 2 more bucks, get it in 2 days and know i can return it... huge let down on this one guys...

Actually, $29.97 on Amazon Prime and $27.24 on Woot.

magicmax

quality posts: 1 Private Messages magicmax
queencityrunner wrote:I would like to see the reference about rechargeables damaging the flashlight (especially since I recently swapped out the alkalines that came with it for 4 rechargeables). I looked at the instruction manual for the T7 http://www.ledlenser.com/userguides/LL/T7_UserGuide.pdf. All it says about batteries is this: "Never try to recharge batteries or use fresh and used batteries together. Always change all batteries at the same time and use high quality batteries and the same type only. Do not use high current batteries or accumulators because of different electrical values. If you do not intend to use the flashlight for a long period of time, take the batteries out to prevent them leaking and damaging the flashlight. Discharged batteries must be taken out. ..." I take "never try to recharge batteries" to mean that you shouldn't try to recharge the alkaline batteries that came with it.

Agree. It doesn't say rechargables shouldn't be used.

waclark57

quality posts: 1 Private Messages waclark57
statikph wrote:While it appears to be a great flashlight the deal is questionable at best. After shipping and tax it costs 27 and change. I can find it on amazon for 29 on prime with no tax. I'd rather spend 2 more bucks, get it in 2 days and know i can return it... huge let down on this one guys...

Why would there be tax on Woot but not Amazon?

sdc100

calebabc wrote:I'm confused what's the difference between the T7 and P7 other then one electronic mode a being slightly larger? Why buy one over the other?

See my post one above yours. Nothing is different about them besides the size/weight. Both even have the same modes. Woot's description mistakenly left Dynamic Switch out for the P7, when in fact, they both have this silly feature.

sdc100

queencityrunner wrote:I would like to see the reference about rechargeables damaging the flashlight (especially since I recently swapped out the alkalines that came with it for 4 rechargeables). I looked at the instruction manual for the T7 http://www.ledlenser.com/userguides/LL/T7_UserGuide.pdf. All it says about batteries is this: "Never try to recharge batteries or use fresh and used batteries together. Always change all batteries at the same time and use high quality batteries and the same type only. Do not use high current batteries or accumulators because of different electrical values. If you do not intend to use the flashlight for a long period of time, take the batteries out to prevent them leaking and damaging the flashlight. Discharged batteries must be taken out. ..." I take "never try to recharge batteries" to mean that you shouldn't try to recharge the alkaline batteries that came with it.

Now now, do you really think that I would make a silly mistake like that?

So no, I meant exactly what I said. Lenser says that you shouldn't use rechargeable batteries because they can damage the flashlight. Here is the exact quote, which you can find in this FAQ:

Can I use rechargeable batteries in my LED LENSER flashlight or headlamp?

Currently LED LENSER'S standard lights and headlamps are optimized for use with disposable batteries and the components can be damaged by the use of anything other than the recommended battery type. Similarly, each LED LENSER rechargeable flashlight and headlamp requires a specific battery to operate and should only be recharged directly through their recharging system.

http://www.ledlenser.com/resources/faqs#t8

I never said that I agreed with them. In fact I was -- and am -- skeptical. But they said it, not I.

Satisfied?

queencityrunner

quality posts: 9 Private Messages queencityrunner
sdc100 wrote:http://www.ledlenser.com/resources/faqs#t8

I never said that I agreed with them. In fact I was -- and am -- skeptical. But they said it, not I.

Satisfied?

Thanks. I appreciate the reference. If it's really true, I am surprised they stick it in their online FAQs, rather than in the instructions that come with the flashlight.

pizzaman729

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pizzaman729

This flashlight is awesome! Have one already, buying more. Its super bright and the focus adjusts very easily. Love it!

sdc100

queencityrunner wrote:Thanks. I appreciate the reference. If it's really true, I am surprised they stick it in their online FAQs, rather than in the instructions that come with the flashlight.

No problem. Sorry for being so snippy but you see, I'm never wrong. Just kidding. I agree that it's strange. But then again, a lot of things about their website is flawed. Many of the lights' features, for example, are poorly described or poorly thought out. And lots of info is missing, i.e. that 175 lumens describe the Boost mode, and not High. What then is the battery life for High, which I'm told only outputs 135 lumens? And of course, what is the difference between the T7 and P7????

As for rechargeables, I wouldn't worry about it. I use plain old NiMH batteries on many LED flashlights that don't come with rechargeable lithiums. No problems yet. This should be especially true of regulated flashlights, where the voltage is boosted to a constant level at the expense of battery life. In other words, the flashlight will still be getting 1.5V from your 1.2V NiMH batteries. Now I don't know if these Lensers are regulated but I can't imagine flashlights that once cost $120 not being regulated. An easy way to check would be to compare the brightness using NiMHs vs fresh alkalines. If they're equally bright, the voltage is regulated.

ceagee

quality posts: 61 Private Messages ceagee

I couldn't decide or figure it out, so I bought 1 of each. I can give one for Christmas.
Got in under the wire.
Will I be the last wooter on this Woot ?

ETA(even though this is a dead deal and no one will ever read this) Not the last wooter to woot on this one. Some other under the wire buyers too !