WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

iBuyPower Gaming PCs

The Colonel's trapped in the cave across the universe and you're the only man who's brave enough to save him. So what are you gonna take? Your laser sword or your bazooka hammer? Oh, wait... LOADING. LOADING. LOADING. LAGLAGLAGLAGLAG. Jeez, maybe you need a computer that can actually handle this stuff…
iBuyPower official site

Quality Posts

cjsutherland

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cjsutherland

iBUYPOWER Revolt WT702 Gaming Desktop, Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz, NVIDIA GT630 4GB, 8GB DDR3, 500GB SATA, WIN 7 HP

Only a 250W Power Supply. Surely that is a typo???

manhandsha

quality posts: 41 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

cjsutherland wrote:iBUYPOWER Revolt WT702 Gaming Desktop, Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz, NVIDIA GT630 4GB, 8GB DDR3, 500GB SATA, WIN 7 HP

I just sent an email to see if we can confirm that. Thanks for posting, I'll update when I hear back.

Update: Not a typo. You can find more information about the power supplies on the iBuyPower site.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan

The Laptop is very tempting. Just recently purchased the Asus ROG that was on here and didn't even open the box yet. The graphics card on this one is very ideal for me.

atomizer

quality posts: 14 Private Messages atomizer

I have a Revolt, and no that's not a typo about the power supply. They come with either a 250, 350, or 500W 1U PSU. For what it's worth, my system with an i7 3770, 660 Ti, and 500W PSU pulls only around 250W according to my UPS, so the 250W PSU in the quoted unit should be just fine for a lower-specced system (mine also has an SSD & HDD.) The Revolts are SFF systems, and there's not much in them: a mini-ITX board with CPU, cooler, & RAM, one SSD and/or HDD, a laptop optical drive, and a PCIe video card; that's it. No room for multiple HDDs, 5.25" drives, or even expansion cards; the one PCIe slot is for the video card and the rest of the components (audio, ethernet, wifi, bluetooth) are onboard. So they can run a GTX 780 or Titan with the 500W PSU, it's just that the 250W PSU in the WT701 & WT702 doesn't give you much room to upgrade. On top of that, the video cards included with some of these systems are hardly "gaming" worthy; I mean a GT630, come on! Anyways, the Revolts are nice if you want something different, a desktop system that's more compact than usual and more portable, but honestly I'd skip the two offered here because they're not worth the money; configure your own here: http://www.ibuypower.com/info/revolt.aspx

89 Woot-offs; 4 random craps

cjsutherland

atomizer wrote:I have a Revolt, and no that's not a typo about the power supply. They come with either a 250, 350, or 500W 1U PSU. For what it's worth, my system with an i7 3770, 660 Ti, and 500W PSU pulls only around 250W according to my UPS, so the 250W PSU in the quoted unit should be just fine for a lower-specced system (mine also has an SSD & HDD.) The Revolts are SFF systems, and there's not much in them: a mini-ITX board with CPU, cooler, & RAM, one SSD and/or HDD, a laptop optical drive, and a PCIe video card; that's it. No room for multiple HDDs, 5.25" drives, or even expansion cards; the one PCIe slot is for the video card and the rest of the components (audio, ethernet, wifi, bluetooth) are onboard. So they can run a GTX 780 or Titan with the 500W PSU, it's just that the 250W PSU in the WT701 & WT702 doesn't give you much room to upgrade. On top of that, the video cards included with some of these systems are hardly "gaming" worthy; I mean a GT630, come on! Anyways, the Revolts are nice if you want something different, a desktop system that's more compact than usual and more portable, but honestly I'd skip the two offered here because they're not worth the money; configure your own here: http://www.ibuypower.com/info/revolt.aspx

Thanks for the info.

Just because a 250W can handle it doesn't make it ideal (as I'm sure you know this is just general for people that don't). I want a PSU that is at LEAST double what the computer pulls. Makes for a less noisy computer and a PSU that will not fail due to being worked at 75-90% capacity all the time.

The pretty colors, etc. are what make these attractive (on top of the size) but for these prices (and with a little know how) you can go to NewEgg.com almost any day of the week and make a better rig yourself.

imasonaz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages imasonaz
cjsutherland wrote:Thanks for the info.

Just because a 250W can handle it doesn't make it ideal (as I'm sure you know this is just general for people that don't). I want a PSU that is at LEAST double what the computer pulls. Makes for a less noisy computer and a PSU that will not fail due to being worked at 75-90% capacity all the time.

The pretty colors, etc. are what make these attractive (on top of the size) but for these prices (and with a little know how) you can go to NewEgg.com almost any day of the week and make a better rig yourself.

I second all of this. I would highly suggest looking at the "80 PLUS" certification that power supplies are tested against. Essentially, you will probably never get all of the power that a power supply is rated for, and getting 80% or better is considered good.

As far as Newegg goes, you could easily do better then these builds for almost half the price, but you pay for convenience and lack of know-how.

omegamagi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omegamagi

I personally have purchased a computer from Ibuypower years ago and my friend more recently. With mine, everything was alright for the most part, didn't last too long altogether. When my friend received his, they did a very sloppy job on putting it together. Some things weren't even plugged in correctly, etc. My advice is to not fall for their fancy colors and cheap manufacturing and go to Newegg and build your own like that gent above me stated.

emulloon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages emulloon

My most recent PC was built by Ibuypower, and I cannot be happier with it. 2 years running, no hiccups, no glitches, crashes or failures. I had one issue with my credit card info on ordering, and their support service was helpful and prompt.

Yeah, you probably could build something cheaper using Newegg parts, but that's IF each exact part that you wanted just happened to go on sale at the same time. Personally, I no longer have the time or inclination to piece together a machine bit by bit, and deal with RMA's of failed parts. For people like me, Ibuypower is an excellent alternative, with some excellent customization options.

My next PC WILL be an Ibuypower, whenever the current one fails. As a matter of fact, that laptop...

cjsutherland

emulloon wrote:My most recent PC was built by Ibuypower, and I cannot be happier with it. 2 years running, no hiccups, no glitches, crashes or failures. I had one issue with my credit card info on ordering, and their support service was helpful and prompt.

Yeah, you probably could build something cheaper using Newegg parts, but that's IF each exact part that you wanted just happened to go on sale at the same time. Personally, I no longer have the time or inclination to piece together a machine bit by bit, and deal with RMA's of failed parts. For people like me, Ibuypower is an excellent alternative, with some excellent customization options.

My next PC WILL be an Ibuypower, whenever the current one fails. As a matter of fact, that laptop...

They don't have to be on sale...some of these, like the one that sold out, are priced very well but "finding stuff on sale" is the difference between you spending $2500 vs sub $2000 for a VERY similar system.

But convienence and consolidated customer service has a price.

ComicBookGuy2085

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ComicBookGuy2085

The CS612 just has integrated graphics? Weird for something advertised as a gaming PC.

mtcanty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtcanty
cjsutherland wrote:iBUYPOWER Revolt WT702 Gaming Desktop, Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz, NVIDIA GT630 4GB, 8GB DDR3, 500GB SATA, WIN 7 HP

Ivy Bridge doesn't use much power and neither does that GPU. The brand of PSU is more important than the wattage. I run an i3 with a 7750 on a HTPC with a 300W PSU with no problems at all.

That GPU is garbage for the price though. You won't have a good time gaming with it.

cjsutherland

mtcanty wrote:Ivy Bridge doesn't use much power and neither does that GPU. The brand of PSU is more important than the wattage. I run an i3 with a 7750 on a HTPC with a 300W PSU with no problems at all.

That GPU is garbage for the price though. You won't have a good time gaming with it.

Brand matters more? I don't agree. Bronze rating and above matter. Overall wattage matters more than brand IMO too. Of course, with anything brands DO matter I don't want to act like they don't.

My friend bought a "gaming computer" with a GT 630 in it. I laughed at him.

pjheil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjheil

Configure the same laptop on the ibuypower website and it looks like it's cheaper (even with the $45 shipping). Am I missing something?

mcrawfordLDS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcrawfordLDS

I've purchased several computers over the years from iBuyPower. They are hit and miss it seems.

The computer that I purchased for myself wasn't thoroughly tested and blue screened because of an incompatibility with the ram and motherboard. I had also paid extra for them to set up SLI mode (just so I wouldn't have to open anything up and void the warranty) and they neglected to do that. I spent a good couple hours trying to troubleshoot it through software before opening up the case and figuring it out.

The customer service has been poor when I have contacted them.

I would avoid purchasing these computers unless you enjoy gambling.

xandraba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xandraba

A few weeks ago I ordered the 17.3" Valkyrie CZ-27 from iBuyPower. When I got it, the video card wasn't working, so I had to send it back to be repaired. About 3 weeks later they fixed it and sent it back to me, but now no one will tell me what they did to fix it.

Now that I've hooked a mouse up to the laptop, it doesn't let me use the touch pad. I can go into settings to enable the touch pad while the mouse is plugged in, but when I unplug the mouse it resets those settings and disables the touch pad again. Maybe reinstalling drivers will fix this, but it kind of irritates me to run into these kinds of issues with a brand new laptop that was promised to be thoroughly tested.

When the touch pad was working, the buttons were really terrible. They're very stiff and very hard to click unless you click on the outer edges of them.

I never write online reviews but when I saw the Valkyrie up here, my blood boiled a little bit. I wish I'd listened to all the terrible reviews on their Facebook.

Overall, I wish I went with the Qosmio X70 instead. I even saw it go as low as $999 one week.
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/cdetland.to?poid=2000098978

ibuypowerstaff

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ibuypowerstaff

We would like to formally introduce ourselves as the iBUYPOWER Staff. We'll be here throughout the event answering all your questions and trying to help out as much as possible. We are actively improving our support to every customer and trying to provide top notch systems at a great value. If you have any questions about our computers, services, or us, please feel free to contact eservice@ibuypower.com, we will gladly answer your questions swiftly.

Team iBUYPOWER.

mikeypeavy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mikeypeavy
cjsutherland wrote:Thanks for the info.

What this person said. A "gaming" rig that has integrated graphics is not a gaming rig because you'd still need to buy a real graphics card. Any real graphics card won't be able to run with other decent specs on a 250W power supply, and 500W is not enough sometimes as well.

Da5id

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Da5id

They want a lot of money for these desktops. They have no brand name parts other than the CPU and some of the cases. The motherboards are not even identified. Not possible to tell if they use unlocked CPUs or if the motherboards support overclocking. Gamers want these things. I dropped almost $2K on a boutique "gaming" full-tower that allowed me to choose the brand of everything from the power supply, motherboard, and memory – virtually everything.

Do you know what is dirt cheap right now? Hard drives. 500 GB? You can get a fast SATA III 1TB for about $15 more. 4 GB of memory running Windows 8? Running at less than PC 1600? Again you can double that and up the speed for peanuts. I would trade a lesser video card for an SSD any day. Right now you can buy a video card that was selling for $500 a year ago for $90. The video cards that come in these machines ever cost 500 – they retail for about 200. Better to get a stand-in video card and pick and choose when you get a little bit more money. By the way, SFF form factor is run hot and noisy. Check reseller ratings for I BuyPower against Digital Storm or AVA Direct.

Finally, and nearly $200 freight round-trip you are never going to send these back for repairs. If that is important to you try to find a retailer with on-site service directly or through a service contract. If you fancy yourself a PC hardware expert, then build your own anyway with all brand name parts steeply discounted from the usual suspects.

coolbro12389

quality posts: 3 Private Messages coolbro12389
omegamagi wrote:I personally have purchased a computer from Ibuypower years ago and my friend more recently. With mine, everything was alright for the most part, didn't last too long altogether. When my friend received his, they did a very sloppy job on putting it together. Some things weren't even plugged in correctly, etc. My advice is to not fall for their fancy colors and cheap manufacturing and go to Newegg and build your own like that gent above me stated.

same here, I had a laptop from them before and from the factory the warranty sticker was torn :\ and it ended up crapping out a in about a year, though this was probably 5 or 6 years ago now so not sure if they are better

blaker128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blaker128
pjheil wrote:Configure the same laptop on the ibuypower website and it looks like it's cheaper (even with the $45 shipping). Am I missing something?

You aren't missing a thing, over $100 cheaper for the 17" Valkyrie at ibuypower.com, plus you get a copy of GRID2 if you order from them.

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan
xandraba wrote:A few weeks ago I ordered the 17.3" Valkyrie CZ-27 from iBuyPower. When I got it, the video card wasn't working, so I had to send it back to be repaired. About 3 weeks later they fixed it and sent it back to me, but now no one will tell me what they did to fix it.

Now that I've hooked a mouse up to the laptop, it doesn't let me use the touch pad. I can go into settings to enable the touch pad while the mouse is plugged in, but when I unplug the mouse it resets those settings and disables the touch pad again. Maybe reinstalling drivers will fix this, but it kind of irritates me to run into these kinds of issues with a brand new laptop that was promised to be thoroughly tested.

When the touch pad was working, the buttons were really terrible. They're very stiff and very hard to click unless you click on the outer edges of them.

I never write online reviews but when I saw the Valkyrie up here, my blood boiled a little bit. I wish I'd listened to all the terrible reviews on their Facebook.

Overall, I wish I went with the Qosmio X70 instead. I even saw it go as low as $999 one week.
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/cdetland.to?poid=2000098978

Appreciate you sharing your experience with your laptop. I was on the edge thinking about purchasing this, but I didn't need a laptop and just needed a reason not to buy it. Glad you chimed in because from basic internet searches, there seemed to be a fair share of complaints that I wouldn't want to deal with.

Shinespark

quality posts: 33 Private Messages Shinespark

There's no way every single one of these graphics cards have DDR3. They don't even make a 690 with DDR3

cjsutherland wrote:Brand matters more? I don't agree. Bronze rating and above matter. Overall wattage matters more than brand IMO too. Of course, with anything brands DO matter I don't want to act like they don't.

My friend bought a "gaming computer" with a GT 630 in it. I laughed at him.

Brands don't "matter" in that the brand on the box tells you little about who actually manufactured the PSU. There aren't many companies that build them. Wattage alone means little if the PSU is notoriously inefficient or the manufacturer tends to overrate it.

Also, a "Gaming PC" with the 760G chipset as the GPU? Maybe if you stopped buying games in 2004.

cjsutherland

Shinespark wrote:There's no way every single one of these graphics cards have DDR3. They don't even make a 690 with DDR3

Brands don't "matter" in that the brand on the box tells you little about who actually manufactured the PSU. There aren't many companies that build them. Wattage alone means little if the PSU is notoriously inefficient or the manufacturer tends to overrate it.

Also, a "Gaming PC" with the 760G chipset as the GPU? Maybe if you stopped buying games in 2004.

I hear you on the "brands" but there is a reason people like Corsair, etc. are known for their PSU's...and it is not because they are notoriously bad. But again, I get what you are saying.

Of course if the wattage is less important if it is ineffecient...which is why I mentioned the rating being the most important.

madoka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madoka
bargainbourne wrote:As stated above, iBuyPower has an AWFUL reputation.

That bad reputation is completely deserved. I was shipped a defective system from ibuypower. When I called customer service, their agent said that they would correct the mistake but to be patient since they did not have a solution in stock. Later once I tried to get my system repaired as promised, I drove to their company and met them in person. The head of the customer service department told me that they wouldn't do anything. At the beginning of the conversation, he acknowledged that there was a known problem with their computers, but within 15 minutes, he called me a liar and said that there was nothing wrong with their systems. When I said let's look at their own forums where other people were complaining about the same thing, he told me that I was wasting his time and there was nothing else he would do for me. When I asked to talk to his supervisor, he told me that he was it and only the company president was higher than him and the president does not talk to customers. I was shocked at how horrible a company they were.

Kanabis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kanabis

I didn't read all the comments but yes you can build a better pc yourself. Of course you can. You can buy all you parts yourself and not have a weak link the OEMs do. However if you have something that is DOA you have to figure out where the fault is and wait a week to get a replacement for broken part. You also have work with that sketchy silver goo to put you CPU and heat sink or the crazy third party cooler and tie up all those nasty cables. At some point you realize your time is worth more than a little extra cash to have a professional build your machines whoever that might be.

cjsutherland

Kanabis wrote:I didn't read all the comments but yes you can build a better pc yourself. Of course you can. You can buy all you parts yourself and not have a weak link the OEMs do. However if you have something that is DOA you have to figure out where the fault is and wait a week to get a replacement for broken part. You also have work with that sketchy silver goo to put you CPU and heat sink or the crazy third party cooler and tie up all those nasty cables. At some point you realize your time is worth more than a little extra cash to have a professional build your machines whoever that might be.

Stock fans for AMD and Intel come with the thermal paste applied, so no need to deal with that "sliver goo". Never had one fail on me either...have had 3rd party ones fail. No need for a 3rd party fan/cooling if you are not overclocking the CPU anyway.

Modular PSU's are great and much more afforadable now so you can remove the cables you don't want...not to mention zip ties and updated cases with cable runs, etc. make cable management much easier than back in the day.

I would STILL even say you have a great point, and you do, but apparently not with THIS company as it seems their customer service is not quite "good."

ibuypowerstaff

Ibuy tech here,

lot of stuff being thrown around about the importance of the "brand" of a component. The Revolt uses power supplies manufactured by FSP, which is an OEM for a lot of major name PSUs (Antec, Silverstone, NZXT, Coolermaster, Thermaltake, etc).

The models are all 80 plus certified; 250W - bronze, 350W - standard, 500W - gold.

The rest of the components are all off-the-shelf parts that can be found on newegg, tigerdirect, amazon, microcenter, etc.

*edit*
Also, the majority of the graphics cards use DDR5, the DDR3 is a typo in the spec. I think only the GT630 here uses DDR3.

soul0reaper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soul0reaper
ibuypowerstaff wrote:Ibuy tech here,

lot of stuff being thrown around about the importance of the "brand" of a component. The Revolt uses power supplies manufactured by FSP, which is an OEM for a lot of major name PSUs (Antec, Silverstone, NZXT, Coolermaster, Thermaltake, etc).

The models are all 80 plus certified; 250W - bronze, 350W - standard, 500W - gold.

The rest of the components are all off-the-shelf parts that can be found on newegg, tigerdirect, amazon, microcenter, etc.

*edit*
Also, the majority of the graphics cards use DDR5, the DDR3 is a typo in the spec. I think only the GT630 here uses DDR3.

Hi Mr. Tech Guy
I'm willing to give iBuyPower the benefit of doubt for putting the pieces together, but what exactly are the model number/serial number for the parts in the iBUYPOWER TG910DLC? Thats pretty important to list if someone was gonna drop that amount of cash for a system lol.

ibuypowerstaff

soul0reaper wrote:Hi Mr. Tech Guy
I'm willing to give iBuyPower the benefit of doubt for putting the pieces together, but what exactly are the model number/serial number for the parts in the iBUYPOWER TG910DLC? Thats pretty important to list if someone was gonna drop that amount of cash for a system lol.

Hi,

Please see major components of TG910DLC Below:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4
GPU: EVGA GTX690 04G-P4-2690-BR(OEM)
SSD: ADATA AS510S3-120GM-C
CPU FAN: Asetek 570LX 240mm Liquid Cooling
PSU: AZZA Titan 1000Watt
ODD: LG 24x DVDRW

Please let us know if you have more questions on this system. Thank you.

Team iBUYPOWER

the88thcrazy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages the88thcrazy

Just what the hell am i looking at in the second picture of the TG922SLC ? (the 1300$ red one). that image hurts my mind. Coincidentally, the only computer i'm somewhat interested in too.

Also, i can definitely understand the cries from people about this company. I have owned 2 computers from ibuy power, both from around 5 years ago. the first was one of their low end computers (around 5-600$ at the time), and i had a multitude of problems with it. i had to ship it back the first time, but once it came back it ran fine for about a month, but then i returned it and upgraded to one of their mid range towers (~1200$) and i saw a very large improvement between the two computers. everything was put together well, and it still runs perfectly to this day. i suppose the point of my story is that you shouldn't buy their crappy towers, because they don't care about them nearly as much as their mid to high end rigs.

soul0reaper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soul0reaper

Given the TG910DLC, current street pricing based on what was listed is 2340 (including cpu and case) then add cost of 32gb ram, 2tb hdd, and assembly to determine if its the right deal for you. The price gap is a bit too wide for me to justify the convenience of not building a computer. My time is not yet that valuable xD

ibuypowerstaff

the88thcrazy wrote:Just what the hell am i looking at in the second picture of the TG922SLC ? (the 1300$ red one). that image hurts my mind. Coincidentally, the only computer i'm somewhat interested in too.

This is a view of the front/top of the machine, as if you were standing in front of it with the tower facing you.

That shot is actually just taken from NZXT's product page for the phantom 410 case, more info here:
http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/95-phantom-410-mid-tower-case

herbnerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages herbnerd

$700 PC and it has a core dump integrated GPU...? This is why I hate ibuypower.com, nothing but a scam for people thinking they're getting the best-on-market desktop PC.

ramkum

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ramkum
herbnerd wrote:$700 PC and it has a core dump integrated GPU...? This is why I hate ibuypower.com, nothing but a scam for people thinking they're getting the best-on-market desktop PC.

I think those specs are reasonable for the price (it does have blu-ray, 2TB drive and 16GB RAM).

You shouldn't be here if you build your own PCs. For everyone else, the prices actually aren't bad for the specs. I estimate you'd probably save 10% by building these yourself and carefully price-shopping all components, which is not a terrible markup for assembly and support.

I build my own, so I'm not interested in most of these. I would be interested in the revolt if there was an option with a beefier GFX card. At least a GTX670 (obviously priced accordingly).

cjsutherland

ramkum wrote:I think those specs are reasonable for the price (it does have blu-ray, 2TB drive and 16GB RAM).

You shouldn't be here if you build your own PCs. For everyone else, the prices actually aren't bad for the specs. I estimate you'd probably save 10% by building these yourself and carefully price-shopping all components, which is not a terrible markup for assembly and support.

I build my own, so I'm not interested in most of these. I would be interested in the revolt if there was an option with a beefier GFX card. At least a GTX670 (obviously priced accordingly).

I think you would get 10% if you copy and pasted into NewEgg.

Probably more like 15% (or more) if you bargain shopped and did it slowly. I've built about 20-25 computers.

ramkum

cjsutherland wrote:I think you would get 10% if you copy and pasted into NewEgg.

Probably more like 15%-$20% if you bargain shopped and did it slowly. I've build about 20-25 computers.

FX-8150 - $170
16GB - $100
500W Gold PSU - $90
Win 8 - $60
Bluray - $50
2TB 7200RPM - $100
M/B - $70
Case - $50
K/B & Mouse - $20

Total - $710

cjsutherland

ramkum wrote:FX-8150 - $170
16GB - $100
500W Gold PSU - $90
Win 8 - $60
Bluray - $50
2TB 7200RPM - $100
M/B - $70
Case - $50
K/B & Mouse - $20

Total - $710

Yes...but as I go to the site I see the, better, FX-8320 is $35 dollars cheaper and fits that socket set.

There is definite, and easy, wiggle room.

That was with the first thing searched so I'm quite confident there are more "deals"...yes, if you take my sentence as 100% literal you are correct in this instance. I would like to think the point I was making was understood though.

ramkum

cjsutherland wrote:Yes...but as I go to the site I see the, better, FX-8320 is $35 dollars cheaper and fits that socket set.

There is definite, and easy, wiggle room.

That was with the first thing searched so I'm quite confident there are more "deals"...yes, if you take my sentence as 100% literal you are correct in this instance. I would like to think the point I was making was understood though.

No, I agree. You can save some money with some time and research if you can build your own. But for those who cannot build their own, my point is that there really isn't much markup here versus building the exact same config on your own. This was in response to the claim someone made that $700 was too much for that build. Its not.

The bigger value in building your own is having complete control over the choice of every component and of course the satisfaction when its all done.