WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Sony 32GB or 64GB Xperia Tablet w/Cradle

Speed to First Woot:
3m 29.777s
First Sucker:
actor
Last Wooter to Woot:
schweibie
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 26% of Sellout Woots
Top 37% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 25% of Sellout Woots
Top 25% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 28% first woot
  • 8% second woot
  • 28% < 10 woots
  • 16% < 25 woots
  • 19% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 23% joined today
  • 2% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 12% one year old
  • 62% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 100% bought 1

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

5%
4%
2%
0%
1%
5%
6%
6%
6%
9%
8%
7%
6%
5%
3%
3%
4%
1%
1%
6%
2%
2%
4%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


lichme


quality posts: 3182 Private Messages lichme

Many Many comments in the Previous Thread

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3913 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Additonal info and reviews can be found over at sony.com

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3913 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lot's of additional pics, info and videos over at frys.com

testudoaubreii


quality posts: 13 Private Messages testudoaubreii

It would be interesting to know how similar the Xperia is to the Tablet S. I say this because while I like my Tablet S, it has the annoying habit of forgetting settings, like how long it should wait before turning itself all the way off, or what you want it to do when you put it in the cradle. Little things like that.

The picture's pretty great, though. I would assume that the Xperia's graphics are an improvement.

kendart


quality posts: 1 Private Messages kendart

I would urge anyone considering this tablet to verify improvement in its wireless connectivity. I bought the tablet S last year and have been extremely frustrated with its awful connectivity. We got it just before going overseas and never were able to use it in any hotel or other wireless hot spot, except on rare occasions when I almost was sitting on the router. The same is true at home - if I am no more than 10 feet away from my router its OK.

Otherwise it is a good alternative to the high $ tablets.

Good Luck.

shaun40555


quality posts: 5 Private Messages shaun40555

With the Nexus 7 just released and Sony having a bad habit of totally abandoning it's products I'd have a hard time justifying this purchase. Seems you can get a cheap quality tablet just about anywhere these days. Who knows how long Sony will even be in the tablet market at this rate and it's my understanding that so few of these have been sold that there isn't much of a mod community for the device.

Wootificator


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wootificator
testudoaubreii wrote:It would be interesting to know how similar the Xperia is to the Tablet S. I say this because while I like my Tablet S, it has the annoying habit of forgetting settings, like how long it should wait before turning itself all the way off, or what you want it to do when you put it in the cradle. Little things like that.

The picture's pretty great, though. I would assume that the Xperia's graphics are an improvement.



I have to assume you're wondering about the Xperia Tablet S Vs the newer Xperia Tablet Z? They're both Xperias, but the Z is light years ahead of the S. Night and day in pretty much all aspects. Resolution, and performance are both top notch in the Xperia Tablet Z. This tablet, the Xperia Tablet S, is junk and should be avoided even at this price with the cradle. The Z is probably one of the best tablets on the market, and worth paying the extra money for. Unfortunately Sony refuses to advertise the Tablet Z, so no one knows how good it is. And even more frustrating is that Sony has decided to flood the market with cheap left over Tablet S's to make room for the Tablet Z, but the S is so bad it is souring people's opinion of Sony Tablets.

Also, please keep in mind that both the tablets I speak of should not to be confused with the Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, or Xperia Ultra; all of which are Sony smart phones. There's also the forthcoming Xperia i1, which will probably change names before release (to what I couldn't say, most likely Xperia Z2 or some such foolishness).

I can haz moar fireworkz please?

mderoller


quality posts: 3 Private Messages mderoller
Wootificator wrote:I have to assume you're wondering about the Xperia Tablet S Vs the newer Xperia Tablet Z? They're both Xperias, but the Z is light years ahead of the S. Night and day in pretty much all aspects. Resolution, and performance are both top notch in the Xperia Tablet Z. This tablet, the Xperia Tablet S, is junk and should be avoided even at this price with the cradle. The Z is probably one of the best tablets on the market, and worth paying the extra money for. Unfortunately Sony refuses to advertise the Tablet Z, so no one knows how good it is. And even more frustrating is that Sony has decided to flood the market with cheap left over Tablet S's to make room for the Tablet Z, but the S is so bad it is souring people's opinion of Sony Tablets.

Also, please keep in mind that both the tablets I speak of should not to be confused with the Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, or Xperia Ultra; all of which are Sony smart phones. There's also the forthcoming Xperia i1, which will probably change names before release (to what I couldn't say, most likely Xperia Z2 or some such foolishness).



The Asus Tranformer Pad Infinity TF700T is also an amazing tablet with excellent support. My wife uses my original Sony Tablet S daily which she's fine with though I couldn't go back.

BillSzk


quality posts: 1 Private Messages BillSzk
kendart wrote:I would urge anyone considering this tablet to verify improvement in its wireless connectivity. I bought the tablet S last year and have been extremely frustrated with its awful connectivity. We got it just before going overseas and never were able to use it in any hotel or other wireless hot spot, except on rare occasions when I almost was sitting on the router. The same is true at home - if I am no more than 10 feet away from my router its OK.

Otherwise it is a good alternative to the high $ tablets.

Good Luck.



Absolutely correct!
I bought the S last year. Went round and round with Sony and even had WOOT send a replacement. WIFI is very short ranged. In my case about 30 feet. I finally installed another Router in the basement in addition to the one on the second floor. That took care of that!. I have been very happy with the S ever since then. Hope this helps!

Bill

alextse


quality posts: 24 Private Messages alextse

I worry about the HD screens on these Tegra 3 chips for both the TF700 and the Xperia Z. I got a TF300 for my kid which I think is a better screen resolution match to the processing and GPU power of the Tegra 3 line. Personally I'm waiting for either the new HP Slatebook X2 or the upcoming Transformer Pad Infinity with the Tegra 4 chips which are a better match for full HD screens.

gak0090


quality posts: 84 Private Messages gak0090
alextse wrote:I worry about the HD screens on these Tegra 3 chips for both the TF700 and the Xperia Z. I got a TF300 for my kid which I think is a better screen resolution match to the processing and GPU power of the Tegra 3 line. Personally I'm waiting for either the new HP Slatebook X2 or the upcoming Transformer Pad Infinity with the Tegra 4 chips which are a better match for full HD screens.



The Tegra 3 was designed to support LCD up to 2048x1536. The GPU has 12 cores. I have never used the Sony, but the TF700T is a great tablet with no performance issues. The Tegra 4 will be awesome, but the Tegra 3 is no slouch.

kschom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kschom

Sony won't support this product for very long so I'd say people are better off with the Nexus 7 for the money.

billsharp51


quality posts: 0 Private Messages billsharp51

About a year ago I wooted a 32 G Sony tablet for $265. Older model SGPT112US/S with the Tegra2 processor. Still use it every day. Very responsive and great picture. Audio with earbuds is great also. WiFi is a little weak, gets 3 bars where the other devices have 4 at same location, but does not drop signal. Tablet is great for Netflix or viewing photos.

I recommend based on ownership.

Dud


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Dud
billsharp51 wrote:About a year ago I wooted a 32 G Sony tablet for $265. Older model SGPT112US/S with the Tegra2 processor. Still use it every day. Very responsive and great picture. Audio with earbuds is great also. WiFi is a little weak, gets 3 bars where the other devices have 4 at same location, but does not drop signal. Tablet is great for Netflix or viewing photos.

I recommend based on ownership.



I agree with your assessment except for in one critical area ... battery life. I too bought the S Tab off of Woot and use my tablet almost every day but the battery does not seem to last very long and fails me at critical moments. Today I took my S Tab to take pictures of some furniture I was considering buying ... the first time I tried to turn it on it was dead ... again! The proprietary charging cable makes it difficult to recharge as I only received 1 A/C charger ... but the Experia comes with 2 I believe.


I would recommend the Experia based upon my experience with the older S Tab only if it does not suffer from the same short battery life issue.

testudoaubreii


quality posts: 13 Private Messages testudoaubreii
Wootificator wrote:I have to assume you're wondering about the Xperia Tablet S Vs the newer Xperia Tablet Z? They're both Xperias, but the Z is light years ahead of the S. Night and day in pretty much all aspects. Resolution, and performance are both top notch in the Xperia Tablet Z. This tablet, the Xperia Tablet S, is junk and should be avoided even at this price with the cradle. The Z is probably one of the best tablets on the market, and worth paying the extra money for. Unfortunately Sony refuses to advertise the Tablet Z, so no one knows how good it is. And even more frustrating is that Sony has decided to flood the market with cheap left over Tablet S's to make room for the Tablet Z, but the S is so bad it is souring people's opinion of Sony Tablets.

Also, please keep in mind that both the tablets I speak of should not to be confused with the Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, or Xperia Ultra; all of which are Sony smart phones. There's also the forthcoming Xperia i1, which will probably change names before release (to what I couldn't say, most likely Xperia Z2 or some such foolishness).



The tablet I refer to is one I got here a year ago, the Sony SGPT112US/S 32GB 9.4" Tablet S (with cradle!). No fancy Zs here.

I haven't noticed too many connection issues, but I can definitely get signal 30 feet away. It's not always the greatest, and I'm pretty sure sometimes the microwave interferes with it, but the stupid thing interferes with everything (even the lights - they dim when it's on)(comforting, right?).

It's a pretty device, but I don't know as I'd buy another one. Maybe if it remembered its settings for more than a couple months, or if the social feed app it comes with actually worked. All that said, I use it mostly to watch Netflix, and it does that relatively well.

It hiccuped terribly when I had an active desktop, like one with swimming fish on it. Theoretically it has the processor power and stuff to deal with it, no problem, but it was sluggish and sullen until I used a static image instead. Maybe they've fixed that with the newer version?

thorbjornthunderbunny


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thorbjornthunderbunny

We got the 64GB and love the tablet, however we received the wrong docking station.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thorbjornthunderbunny wrote:We got the 64GB and love the tablet, however we received the wrong docking station.


Sorry for the problem. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

It will speed things up if you can give them the model & serial number of the docking station.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items