WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Basics (Of Course)

It turns out that being a full-fledged human being requires a lot of gear. It seemed like everything you needed was just there when you lived with your folks, but now you need things like...laundry bags? And...toe socks? Adulthood is weird. 

car912


quality posts: 1 Private Messages car912

Woo-hoo, in for one of those special baggie thingies. I forget what they're called exactly.

bpr2


quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

MY FIRST Bundles of Crayons IN OVER 2 YEARS!

that was fun while it lasted!

darks1lenc3


quality posts: 4 Private Messages darks1lenc3

Darn I just missed out on the Bundle of Cool things

backpack of crap 12/20/13
bag of crap 2/17/14
Birthday of Celebrations 7/11/14

nmpls


quality posts: 22 Private Messages nmpls

TwinXL sheets. This really would have been useful when I went to college. . . . 11 years ago.
Way to be on the ball woot.

mossygreen


quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen

You know, I was checking everything out, thought there might be a surprise somewhere, got sidetracked by the lunchboxes (can't justify right now), and found/bought the bag without even noticing the obvious hint in the name. Until just now. I'm kind of an brainiac who is easily distracted by lunchboxes.

Narfcake


quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

Dang. Missed it, even though the suggestive title.

The description gives hope that more will be offered throughout the week, though ...

mossygreen


quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
bpr2 wrote:MY FIRST Bundles of Crayons IN OVER 2 YEARS!



Congrats! It's nice when things just kind of fall into place, isn't it?

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

congrats to all the clever dolphins out there.

it pays to be on the lookout!


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

RobinBobcat


quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

Oh you sneaky little monkeys...

*sigh*

Meow

Go Squarryls!

eldenford


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eldenford

I wonder if there will be more...

vanevenhoven


quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

Congrats! 1st one in two years, hope you get some good crapola.

I got sidetracked (like others). I was suckered into the home/dorm theatre stuff....

mossygreen wrote:Congrats! It's nice when things just kind of fall into place, isn't it?



jimsinkorea


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimsinkorea

Rumor has it (started by me) the prez of Amazon is including a lottery type item in these bags of gold.



bpr2


quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
vanevenhoven wrote:Congrats! 1st one in two years, hope you get some good crapola.

I got sidetracked (like others). I was suckered into the home/dorm theatre stuff....



Thank you

that was fun while it lasted!

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3465 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

I keep going back on the Rubbermaid Flex'n Carry Mini Basket. Per the decription:

"Perfect for college students or anyone who needs to tote their laundry, the Flex ‘n Carry Mini Basket is designed to carry laundry with less effort. Its soft, flexible handles fold together for easy carrying and its material flexes back to its original shape when not in use."

The dimensions are 7.36" x 11.96" x 7.15" which seem too small for laundry


bpr2


quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

I have a couple of them, and they're good for a load's worth of non-bulky stuff. underwear, socks, shirts, pants.

conanthelibrarian wrote:I keep going back on the Rubbermaid Flex'n Carry Mini Basket. Per the decription:

"Perfect for college students or anyone who needs to tote their laundry, the Flex ‘n Carry Mini Basket is designed to carry laundry with less effort. Its soft, flexible handles fold together for easy carrying and its material flexes back to its original shape when not in use."

The dimensions are 7.36" x 11.96" x 7.15" which seem too small for laundry



that was fun while it lasted!

dfunk29


quality posts: 47 Private Messages dfunk29
conanthelibrarian wrote:I keep going back on the Rubbermaid Flex'n Carry Mini Basket. Per the decription:

"Perfect for college students or anyone who needs to tote their laundry, the Flex ‘n Carry Mini Basket is designed to carry laundry with less effort. Its soft, flexible handles fold together for easy carrying and its material flexes back to its original shape when not in use."

The dimensions are 7.36" x 11.96" x 7.15" which seem too small for laundry



I have one of those & it's a little small for laundry, but nice for other purposes. I used to keep my magazines in it, I kept my yarn in it when I tried to learn how to crochet. I'm not sure what's in it right now...

Narfcake


quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
conanthelibrarian wrote:... The dimensions are 7.36" x 11.96" x 7.15" which seem too small for laundry


I find Ikea's reusable bags to work as the perfect laundry bag. It's big enough for a full load, folds when not needed, and water proof (as I don't dryer dry a lot of my shirts and need an interim carrier). Also, they're really affordable if you're local to an Ikea.

Cantras


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cantras

The injinji socks say a medium is a men's 8-10.5 or a women's 9-11.5.

The Fila socks compare a men's 6.5-8 to a women's 8.5-10.

One of these seems a little off.
(Wearing size 8-9 in women's and size 6.5-7 in men's, I'm thinking it's the Injinji. Which is a shame, because I'd love some cheaper toe socks, but what size could I order?)

didireallybuythat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages didireallybuythat

Wait! There's Homework?!!! Bundles of Crayons

morninglark


quality posts: 22 Private Messages morninglark

Hey woot,
It's only 6 am on the East Coast and the Bundles of Crayons is already sold out!

I may never score one of these, sigh. Oh well, I suppose it's my own fault. I missed the only real chance I had for a Bundles of Crayons right after I joined woot during a woot-off. I wasn't sure what they were other than grab bags and by the time I read a couple of comments to find out--they were gone.

CatCK


quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

Oh, you sneaky Woot. I'll have to keep an eye on this area today.

philosopherott


quality posts: 3 Private Messages philosopherott

AHHH I just Got here!

hot72chev


quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev
mossygreen wrote:You know, I was checking everything out, thought there might be a surprise somewhere, got sidetracked by the lunchboxes (can't justify right now), and found/bought the bag without even noticing the obvious hint in the name. Until just now. I'm kind of an brainiac who is easily distracted by lunchboxes.




I, too, was distracted by the lunchboxes. I have no self control.

Man, you gotta get up early to snag a bucket of cats around here. Missed it again.

webyourstuff


quality posts: 3 Private Messages webyourstuff

Re: the mug with strainer.

Any way to find out the bottom diameter? I want to know if it will fit in my coffee cup holder.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

webyourstuff wrote:Re: the mug with strainer.

Any way to find out the bottom diameter? I want to know if it will fit in my coffee cup holder.

We don't have a sample of that so we are asking the vendor.

In the meantime, I'm told:

You should be able to fit this in most standard cup holders. There is nothing OVER SIZED about this.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Cantras wrote:The injinji socks say a medium is a men's 8-10.5 or a women's 9-11.5.

The Fila socks compare a men's 6.5-8 to a women's 8.5-10.

One of these seems a little off.
(Wearing size 8-9 in women's and size 6.5-7 in men's, I'm thinking it's the Injinji. Which is a shame, because I'd love some cheaper toe socks, but what size could I order?)


They're different brands and are sized a bit differently. The sizes are correct as stated.

Good question.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thumperchick


quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

GAH! You FINALLY sell a 100% Cotton Percale Sheet set - and only in Twin/TXL?

Why do you do this to me?

mossygreen


quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
Narfcake wrote:I find Ikea's reusable bags to work as the perfect laundry bag. It's big enough for a full load, folds when not needed, and water proof (as I don't dryer dry a lot of my shirts and need an interim carrier). Also, they're really affordable if you're local to an Ikea.



Wow, that's a great tip!

mibutterflywingz


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

I bought the 30 piece college set (http://sellout.woot.com/offers/30-piece-twin-xl-bed-bath-set-aqua-kiwi-2) in a similar sale.

The sheets are 200 count. I just put them on my bed and they are extremely soft stylish, ad the comforter is warm! No buyers guilt here!
If the college kit is made by the same company, go for it!

I just wish my pack came with an actual sheet with pockets b/c I can't fully figure out how to keep my next to the bed bag positioned right and the bed bug cover was very slim.

jawlz


quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz
jimsinkorea wrote:Rumor has it (started by me) the prez of Amazon is including a lottery type item in these bags of gold.



Is it the Washington Post???

sgtbehymer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgtbehymer

WOW! 12 bags sold, then that was it!

mossygreen


quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
sgtbehymer wrote:WOW! 12 bags sold, then that was it!


Somebody on deals.woot (I am too lazy right now to go back and check who) figured 25 were sold, based on the color density of the states. That seems plausible. Hopefully there will be some more surprises during the week, based on the "only one this week" warning. Not everyone idly shops for unnecessary back-to-school bargains as obsessively as I do.

quizman125


quality posts: 4 Private Messages quizman125

Since when are Biology or Chemistrys hidden here?!? Guess I should just be glad they're starting to make a comeback...I remember it being better than Christmas morning when I got to open my Bundles of Crayons#39;s way back when...

bpr2


quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
quizman125 wrote:Since when are Biology or Chemistrys hidden here?!? Guess I should just be glad they're starting to make a comeback...I remember it being better than Christmas morning when I got to open my Bundles of Crayons#39;s way back when...



In my last box i got a new breast pump. :D I'm male btw. Ended up gifting it to a co-worker.

that was fun while it lasted!

jimsinkorea


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimsinkorea
mossygreen wrote:Somebody on deals.woot (I am too lazy right now to go back and check who) figured 25 were sold, based on the color density of the states. That seems plausible. Hopefully there will be some more surprises during the week, based on the "only one this week" warning. Not everyone idly shops for unnecessary back-to-school bargains as obsessively as I do.



It was more than 12, I don't live in any of those States...my screen name is a dead giveaway.



skbruck


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skbruck

no bag tonight?

Keith Brucker

thumperchick


quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
jimsinkorea wrote:It was more than 12, I don't live in any of those States...my screen name is a dead giveaway.



Since woot doesn't ship to Korea... What state does your stuff ship to?

zicgoo2974


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zicgoo2974

Dormitup U41083 "College, Here I Come" Package-8 Colors

--->

What does this package weight?

brewtigger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brewtigger

Silly me...I thought the listing said Factory Reconditioned for the boxer briefs. Eww!

Was relieved to see it was for the coffee maker.