WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Tailgate!

Do you want to know why college football is better than everything else in life? Because you don't consume copious amounts of beer and meat in a parking lot before in preparation for anything else. So grab some tailgating gear and get the most out of life, one beer-brat at a time. 

bambams247

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bambams247

What are the dimensions of the boards in the "Backyard Hero Deluxe Bean Bag Toss" set?

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Pufferfishy

Beanbag toss??

YOU MEAN CORNHOLE!!

You've been put on posting probation for this post

BakonWoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BakonWoot
Pufferfishy wrote:Beanbag toss??

YOU MEAN CORNHOLE!!

It depends on whether the bags are filled with dried beans or dried corn...

slicey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slicey

Prices of $119-$129 on the canopies on Amazon.

Seem to be more favorable reviews for the slant-leg version than the straight-leg version.

May be issues with company honoring warranty. Worth a read on Amzn. Price seems right for these.

ealbers10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ealbers10
BakonWoot wrote:It depends on whether the bags are filled with dried beans or dried corn...

False. Bags can be filled with dried beans, dried corn, or even the latest trend of plastic pellets to be kept from absorbing moisture or being eaten by animals if accidentally left out over night. Regardless of what the bags are filled with, the game is called cornhole due to its origins. Though some claim it was invented in Europe a long time ago, the first documented games were played in Cincinnati, where the bags were filled with corn. No one says the NBA plays "netball". We call the sport basketball because it was invented throwing a soccer ball into a fruit basket. So unless you're a [MOD: No name calling] who says netball, don't call cornhole "bean bag toss", and get your facts straights before you try to correct someone else on it.

jspickler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jspickler

I THOROUGHLY approve of the Georgia Dawg shout-out in the advertisement photo, because they are the only one of the 14 teams you are selling bean bags for that is important. ;) Which of the Woot! staffers is also a fan/alum?

Also, anyone who knows anything knows that this game is called cornhole, regardless of the content of the baggies!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bambams247 wrote:What are the dimensions of the boards in the "Backyard Hero Deluxe Bean Bag Toss" set?

Good question. Our trusty measuring tape says:

Board Dimensions: 35.25" x 23.5"

This has been added to the sale.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

goldiemcg

quality posts: 13 Private Messages goldiemcg

What material are the cornhole bags make out of? Doesn't look like duck cloth (most bags are made from that, really durable). This stuff looks a little thin.

Oh, and go Vols.

ThunderThighs

Staff

goldiemcg wrote:What material are the cornhole bags make out of? Doesn't look like duck cloth (most bags are made from that, really durable). This stuff looks a little thin.

Oh, and go Vols.

The things I do for you guys. Went to the sample room, pulled the thing out of the box, out of the carry case, opened it enough to pull out two bags.

The bags:

Size: 5" x 5"
Weight (on our scale): 10 oz.
Material: 100% Polyester
Fill: 100% white plastic pellets (kinda feel like corn, I guess).

Heavy little guys. The material seemed pretty thick to me.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

goldiemcg

quality posts: 13 Private Messages goldiemcg
ThunderThighs wrote:The things I do for you guys. Went to the sample room, pulled the thing out of the box, out of the carry case, opened it enough to pull out two bags.

The bags:

Size: 5" x 5"
Weight (on our scale): 10 oz.
Material: 100% Polyester
Fill: 100% white plastic pellets (kinda feel like corn, I guess).

Heavy little guys. The material seemed pretty thick to me.

Thank you thank you

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

How do you play the Sports Backyard Hero Washer Toss?

Is it small enough to be an indoor game as well? Do the two pieces come apart?

tlazarus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tlazarus

What are the boards made of?

ThunderThighs

Staff

mibutterflywingz wrote:How do you play the Sports Backyard Hero Washer Toss?

Is it small enough to be an indoor game as well? Do the two pieces come apart?

Width: 16" across
Height: 7.5" (3.75 for each side)

The two sides do come apart.

Hero Rules
Blind toss off - One player from each team closes their eyes and pitches one washer from the pitch zone. Whoever is closest to the hole elects which team goes first.

Skunk Rule - If one team scores eleven points before the other team scores ANY, the scoreless team has been skunked and may elect to drink a beverage or forfeit the game.

Three Point Rule - For every 3 point shot that is made, the opposing team may elect to drink a beverage or throw their next set of washers with their opposite hand.

There are other games but that gives you an idea.

Junior Distance: 6' apart
Casual Distance: 10' apart
Pro Distance: 18' apart

ThunderThighs

Staff

tlazarus wrote:What are the boards made of?

Don't know but it was a heavy sucker. I probably wouldn't store it outdoors.

ThunderThighs

Staff

ealbers10 wrote:False. Bags can be filled with dried beans, dried corn, or even the latest trend of plastic pellets to be kept from absorbing moisture or being eaten by animals if accidentally left out over night. Regardless of what the bags are filled with, the game is called cornhole due to its origins. Though some claim it was invented in Europe a long time ago, the first documented games were played in Cincinnati, where the bags were filled with corn. No one says the NBA plays "netball". We call the sport basketball because it was invented throwing a soccer ball into a fruit basket. So unless you're a [MOD: No name calling] who says netball, don't call cornhole "bean bag toss", and get your facts straights before you try to correct someone else on it.

Netball

Jayrookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie
ealbers10 wrote:False. Bags can be filled with dried beans, dried corn, or even the latest trend of plastic pellets to be kept from absorbing moisture or being eaten by animals if accidentally left out over night. Regardless of what the bags are filled with, the game is called cornhole due to its origins. Though some claim it was invented in Europe a long time ago, the first documented games were played in Cincinnati, where the bags were filled with corn. No one says the NBA plays "netball". We call the sport basketball because it was invented throwing a soccer ball into a fruit basket. So unless you're a [MOD: No name calling] who says netball, don't call cornhole "bean bag toss", and get your facts straights before you try to correct someone else on it.

get that guy a quality post +1

lacotomo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lacotomo
ThunderThighs wrote:Width: 16" across
Height: 7.5" (3.75 for each side)

The two sides do come apart.

Hero Rules
Blind toss off - One player from each team closes their eyes and pitches one washer from the pitch zone. Whoever is closest to the hole elects which team goes first.

Skunk Rule - If one team scores eleven points before the other team scores ANY, the scoreless team has been skunked and may elect to drink a beverage or forfeit the game.

Three Point Rule - For every 3 point shot that is made, the opposing team may elect to drink a beverage or throw their next set of washers with their opposite hand.

There are other games but that gives you an idea.

Junior Distance: 6' apart
Casual Distance: 10' apart
Pro Distance: 18' apart

Hehehehe, you said 'toss off'

XterraGuy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages XterraGuy

Those slant-leg canopies have no business calling themselves 10x10 or 12x12, that is measuring the footprint and not the actual canopy coverage. They're 8x8 and 9x9.

ThunderThighs

Staff

lacotomo wrote:Hehehehe, you said 'toss off'

Silly wooter.

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev
Pufferfishy wrote:Beanbag toss??

YOU MEAN CORNHOLE!!

Uh-Oh...you have offended the Cornholios.

mnmus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnmus

The All-New Stadium Catheter Seat! Never leave your seat to stand in line for "rest". Stay seated secure in the knowledge that your bladder will be fine! (And enjoy that nice, warm seat, too!)

External attachments not included.

PATS-PWR

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PATS-PWR
ealbers10 wrote:So unless you're a [MOD: No name calling] who says netball, don't call cornhole "bean bag toss", and get your facts straights before you try to correct someone else on it.

Sorry, It may be Corn Hole out in the Midwest but being born and raised in New England it has always been called Bean Bag Toss. I first heard it called Corn Hole just a couple of years ago now that I live in PA.

If you had said corn hole to us as kids back in the 70's-80's we would think you were talking about someone's anus or having anal sex not a game of throwing bean bags around.

2013: 9/11-Pinnacle 5.1 Speaker System 9/11-FuelBelt Aero 2012: 2-Woot 2-Tech.Woot 2-Sport.Woot 1-Sellout.Woot 2011:5-Woot 2-BOCx1 1-Sellout.Woot 2010: 1-Woot 1-Wine.Woot 1-BOCx1 2009: 2-Woot 2008: 8-Woot 1-Sellout.Woot 4-BOCx3 2007: 5-Woot 2-Sellout.Woot 1-Wine.Woot 2006: 7-Woot 2005: 2-Woot

maverick128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maverick128
PATS-PWR wrote:Sorry, It may be Corn Hole out in the Midwest but being born and raised in New England it has always been called Bean Bag Toss. I first heard it called Corn Hole just a couple of years ago now that I live in PA.

If you had said corn hole to us as kids back in the 70's-80's we would think you were talking about someone's anus or having anal sex not a game of throwing bean bags around.

Pretty much. Here in Chicago they call it Baggo or Bean Bag Toss and seem to think they started it, or at least perfected it. I didn't even know it existed until I moved here 3 years ago. I'm from St. Louis. We've got Washers. Or as we like to pronounce it, Warshers.

sunnyx0r

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sunnyx0r
maverick128 wrote:Pretty much. Here in Chicago they call it Baggo or Bean Bag Toss and seem to think they started it, or at least perfected it. I didn't even know it existed until I moved here 3 years ago. I'm from St. Louis. We've got Washers. Or as we like to pronounce it, Warshers.

It's just "bags" in Wisconsin as far as I can tell. I've heard "cornhole" said by people from elsewhere in the country.

jspickler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jspickler
PATS-PWR wrote:Sorry, It may be Corn Hole out in the Midwest but being born and raised in New England it has always been called Bean Bag Toss. I first heard it called Corn Hole just a couple of years ago now that I live in PA.

First of all: Ew, minds out of the gutter please. Second of all; It is also historically called cornhole in the South, not just the Midwest. Besides, New England has a history of using bizarre words. Rotary for traffic circle is just one example I can think of, but this study reveals more!

http://spark-1590165977.us-west-2.elb.amazonaws.com/jkatz/SurveyMaps/