WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

25 Random Comic Books + Collector Cards!

Speed to First Woot:
1m 32.337s
First Sucker:
dysonsphere
Last Wooter to Woot:
whoopwhoopwooter
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 4% of Sellout Woots
Top 19% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 2% of Sellout Woots
Top 2% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 9% first woot
  • 5% second woot
  • 24% < 10 woots
  • 24% < 25 woots
  • 38% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 7% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 13% one year old
  • 78% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 67% bought 1
  • 17% bought 2
  • 16% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

9%
5%
2%
1%
2%
3%
5%
5%
9%
8%
7%
5%
5%
4%
3%
3%
3%
3%
3%
3%
4%
3%
3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


tobias23


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tobias23

ooooooooo, i saw me some 90's valiant comix. drool....

dysonsphere


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dysonsphere

I have no idea what the hell I'll be getting, but at the very least, I'll have 75 days of bathroom reading material taken care of.

dysonsphere


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dysonsphere

Wow! First sucker! Do I get anything special for that?

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3454 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

I WANT this sooo bad but have to save my comic book money for Comic-Con this week.


lichme


quality posts: 2838 Private Messages lichme

This is a great idea, and a great price. This is the kind of stuff I'd like to see more often. Guaranteed to have a variety, so if you don't like one, you may have better luck with another.

cappo


quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo

But do any of those trading cards have Mr. T on them?

No?

Then they're not worth having.



For anyone who doesn't get that, see here:
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/at4w/3940-mr-t-and-the-t-force-1


manhandsha


quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

dysonsphere wrote:Wow! First sucker! Do I get anything special for that?



I'll question you about the reason you know that this is 75 days of bathroom material... JK, I don't want to know!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

dysonsphere


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dysonsphere
manhandsha wrote:I'll question you about the reason you know that this is 75 days of bathroom material... JK, I don't want to know!



Set of 25. I bought three. *shrug*

manhandsha


quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

dysonsphere wrote:Set of 25. I bought three. *shrug*



That makes sense, I hadn't considered the idea that someone would buy more than 1. No judging .

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

TheTick


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheTick

I've bought packs like this before, not from Woot though. It was cool, though they do tend to be where Raisinets storylines go to die. (hello, Marvel 2099 comics!)

dysonsphere


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dysonsphere
manhandsha wrote:That makes sense, I hadn't considered the idea that someone would buy more than 1. No judging .



It's all good. outside of the glowsticks, it's the first I've ever bought three. and hey, reading material, right?

dysonsphere


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dysonsphere

I will, however, be researching the hell out of the various issues I recieve.

developerzero


quality posts: 9 Private Messages developerzero

Question: If I buy 3, what are the odds that I can 25 sets of 3 of the same issue?

Last time I bought one of these comic bundles (back when woot was only 3 sites) I got ten sets of 3 identical comics, and I still haven't managed to get rid of the extras.

nikademus1969


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikademus1969
TheTick wrote:I've bought packs like this before, not from Woot though. It was cool, though they do tend to be where Raisinets storylines go to die. (hello, Marvel 2099 comics!)



Hey, don't knock all the 2099 comics, Doom 2099 was the shiz.

chipgreen


quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
developerzero wrote:Question: If I buy 3, what are the odds that I can 25 sets of 3 of the same issue?


About the same as the odds of getting 3 sets of 25 of the same issue.

developerzero wrote:
Last time I bought one of these comic bundles (back when woot was only 3 sites) I got ten sets of 3 identical comics, and I still haven't managed to get rid of the extras.


That actually raises a good question. What exactly is meant by "random"? Does that mean that there are dozens of different comics and the 25 you receive will be chosen at random from all of those available or does it mean that everybody gets the same 25 comics but because there are a bunch of different comics in the set of 25, Woot refers to it as "random"?

If it's the latter, that would explain woot staffer's surprise at somebody ordering more than one set.

developerzero


quality posts: 9 Private Messages developerzero
chipgreen wrote:That actually raises a good question. What exactly is meant by "random"? Does that mean that there are dozens of different comics and the 25 you receive will be chosen at random from all of those available or does it mean that everybody gets the same 25 comics but because there are a bunch of different comics in the set of 25, Woot refers to it as "random"?

If it's the latter, that would explain woot staffer's surprise at somebody ordering more than one set.



Hence the reason for me asking.

Did all the employees go home already?

dalieu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalieu
chipgreen wrote:That actually raises a good question. What exactly is meant by "random"? Does that mean that there are dozens of different comics and the 25 you receive will be chosen at random from all of those available or does it mean that everybody gets the same 25 comics but because there are a bunch of different comics in the set of 25, Woot refers to it as "random"?



I would like to know the answer of this question too, it's the difference between buying 1 versus 3 packs.

StarBob


quality posts: 14 Private Messages StarBob

My local Ollies has sets like this. You get about 10 for $5. Plus you can see the front and back copies (usually the best ones). Your average dollar store has prices for packs of randoms for around this price without shipping and you can always see a couple. I don't see how this is a good deal with the shipping.

curtisuxor


quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor
developerzero wrote:Question: If I buy 3, what are the odds that I can 25 sets of 3 of the same issue?

Last time I bought one of these comic bundles (back when woot was only 3 sites) I got ten sets of 3 identical comics, and I still haven't managed to get rid of the extras.



Same thing happened to me the last time. I'm not getting burned again.

MWPollard


quality posts: 15 Private Messages MWPollard

I came here looking for the same answer. I always look for any reason not to buy three, and usually get three - to divide the shipping three ways. But not if all three sets of comics are the same issues.

If I can get assurance that I will get 75 different issues, I will be in for 3. If not, I won't get any.

Wow - I woot!ed so much my sig can't contain it all!

My page: http://www.MichaelPollard.org

swordofsutekh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages swordofsutekh

$15 + $5 shipping for 25 random comics isn't that great of a deal. You could spend the same amount of money on back issues at your local comic book store, support local business and actually finish a storyline.

flash617


quality posts: 3 Private Messages flash617
chipgreen wrote:That actually raises a good question. What exactly is meant by "random"? Does that mean that there are dozens of different comics and the 25 you receive will be chosen at random from all of those available or does it mean that everybody gets the same 25 comics but because there are a bunch of different comics in the set of 25, Woot refers to it as "random"?

If it's the latter, that would explain woot staffer's surprise at somebody ordering more than one set.



flash617


quality posts: 3 Private Messages flash617
ghengis wrote:



we are the supplier of the comics we have millions of comics at our warehouse the boxes are made from the millions of comics we have it is an incredible variety. each box will contain top names if you are ordain more than on box it will be almost impossible t get the same comics as our variety I so great Thank You

loge18


quality posts: 7 Private Messages loge18

Sounds like a cool bundle, now to determine how many and what else to buy from woot today!

I misread the collector cards to mean the bag and board, which might seem silly for such inexpensive comics, but that's how I like to store them after I read them regardless!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

curtisuxor wrote:Same thing happened to me the last time. I'm not getting burned again.


See the rep's answer above. They're stocking these from millions of comics. No two boxes should be the same. In other words, random isn't determined by our warehouse. So WIN!



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dmmdmustang


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmmdmustang

This is probably the coolest woot! of all time! Its like a random Bricks of Chocolate but you know that its gonna be some sweet comics!

flash617


quality posts: 3 Private Messages flash617
MWPollard wrote:I came here looking for the same answer. I always look for any reason not to buy three, and usually get three - to divide the shipping three ways. But not if all three sets of comics are the same issues.

If I can get assurance that I will get 75 different issues, I will be in for 3. If not, I won't get any.



I can no say you will get 75 different comics but you will get 3 boxes that have a great variety box are made from the lions of comics in our warehouse boxes will not be the same 25 comics in each box but some may end up with a few of the names If you order more than 1 box if you der more than on box I think you will be happy with he assortment this message is from the supplier

Sardinicus


quality posts: 10 Private Messages Sardinicus
flash617 wrote:I can no say you will get 75 different comics but you will get 3 boxes that have a great variety box are made from the lions of comics in our warehouse boxes will not be the same 25 comics in each box but some may end up with a few of the names If you order more than 1 box if you der more than on box I think you will be happy with he assortment this message is from the supplier



I sense a statistics discussion coming.

Also, so much for "comics build language skills".

v1ctorya


quality posts: 1 Private Messages v1ctorya

I ordered one. I figure any duplicates - I give them out at halloween. The kids think it's the coolest.

tcar2012


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcar2012

My boys have a budding love for all things comic books and superheroes. Thanks for giving me a chance to immerse them in the comic book genre.

I don't have a shop local enough to go to, so this will do nicely!

They will freak out and I can't wait to see it!

phaedrusz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages phaedrusz
dysonsphere wrote:I have no idea what the hell I'll be getting, but at the very least, I'll have 75 days of bathroom reading material taken care of.



I was thinking 2 weeks. Either you read slowly, or I have to poop a lot. Bought 3 to even out the score.

I might have short-term memory loss, but at least I don't have short-term memory loss

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

v1ctorya wrote:I ordered one. I figure any duplicates - I give them out at halloween. The kids think it's the coolest.

What a great idea! Note thought that each box will have 25 different comics. No dupes in the box.



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dipdac


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dipdac

I think the original price listed is a little ambition, and based on how much new release comics cost, at 2.99-3.99, usually. Generally, back-issue comics go for .99, which makes this a pretty nice deal... IF you only get one.

Get two, save on shipping, and you have an even better deal.

dipdac


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dipdac

You do miss out on the chance to dig through a colossal box of comics though, if that's your thing.

SpANG


quality posts: 6 Private Messages SpANG

My brother owns a comic books store and continuously sells GOOD, WELL-KNOWN comics for under a buck. Sometime 2 for a dollar. I'm sure other local comic shops do the same to keep their inventory fresh.

Not a great deal.

"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable; only unexplained."

johnt007871


quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871
SpANG wrote:My brother owns a comic books store and continuously sells GOOD, WELL-KNOWN comics for under a buck. Sometime 2 for a dollar. I'm sure other local comic shops do the same to keep their inventory fresh.

Not a great deal.



Does he bring them to my door?

vladistov


quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

Dentists, Optometrists, and Physicians: This is your chance to be one of the coolest doctors on the planet.

terrya64


quality posts: 0 Private Messages terrya64

I normally get my bulk comics on Ebay 50 books for $19-25 with free shipping, but I couldn't pass this up. In for 3.

v1ctorya


quality posts: 1 Private Messages v1ctorya
ThunderThighs wrote:What a great idea! Note thought that each box will have 25 different comics. No dupes in the box.



But I might already have them bagged and boxed, especially if they're from the nineties. So I might get a dupe to my collection