WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

High End Home - Up to 70% Off

E-commerce is a tough business. We've marked this great kitchen gear as far down as we can, but we can't compete with brick-and-mortar stores that leave their wares out where anybody can steal them. No matter how good of a deal we put up, we can't compete with the five-finger discount. 

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57

WOW......a mish-mash of products that have been endlessly recycled from previous Woot Plus offerings — along with their previous prices, to boot......

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bruce57 wrote:WOW......a mish-mash of products that have been endlessly recycled from previous Woot Plus offerings — along with their previous prices, to boot......

Is it a difference in the color in the photography or just the wrong color altogether? Either way, if you don't feel like you got the product you ordered, email support@woot.com.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zhedenvalarin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zhedenvalarin

I wish there were more cast iron or carbon steel woks for sale...they are the best!

All these aluminum and non-stick woks are terrible for spreading heat and the non-stick surfaces are usually blah. Combine the two and you eliminate the major purposes of a wok!

I want sleek, sexy, super fancy...cast iron or carbon steel woks! More woks, more woks!

bottomfeeder57

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bottomfeeder57

bruce57 wrote:WOW......a mish-mash of products that have been endlessly recycled from previous Woot Plus offerings — along with their previous prices, to boot......

ThunderThighs wrote:Is it a difference in the color in the
photography or just the wrong color altogether? Either way, if you don't feel like you got the product you ordered, email support@woot.com.

I must be tired, because I fail to see how the response is related to the original post. Could this reply be a reprint of a response to someone complaining about the recent curtain goof-up?

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

Damn. I was hoping to see a Breville toaster oven. I really really need one of those bad boys and I haven't seen one in ages.

captchrista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captchrista
bottomfeeder57 wrote:bruce57 wrote:WOW......a mish-mash of products that have been endlessly recycled from previous Woot Plus offerings — along with their previous prices, to boot......

I must be tired, because I fail to see how the response is related to the original post. Could this reply be a reprint of a response to someone complaining about the recent curtain goof-up?

i am glad I am not alone in this observation. I kept trying to figure that one out.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

the candles didn't sell well before. putting them in sellout with the same price should really help

I always did like yardsales.

ucwino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ucwino

Why are these candles $85? And they are regularly $150? What?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Heh. I posted in the wrong thread it seems. Now I wonder where that original post was.....

UPDATE: Found it! Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bottomfeeder57

ucwino wrote:Why are these candles $85? And they are regularly $150? What?

The Luminary Sets are not wax candles. They are stone (candle-shaped) luminaries that come with tealight liquid fuel cells. I have not purchased any of these items, so I won't comment on the value of this offer. [Did ya expect dollar store prices in an offer titled, "High End Home...?"]

lowrancestl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lowrancestl

Is there a SquareTrade warranty available for either one of the Cuisinart Stand Mixers?

ThunderThighs

Staff

lowrancestl wrote:Is there a SquareTrade warranty available for either one of the Cuisinart Stand Mixers?

Unfortunately, we are experiencing technical difficulties with our SquareTrade linking widget so we're unable to offer an extended protection plan. Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
bottomfeeder57 wrote:Did ya expect dollar store prices in an offer titled, "High End Home...?"

Um, no...but neither does one normally expect to see items in Sellout at the prices they carried in previous Woot and Woot Plus offerings...

Sellout is billed by Woot as the place for "hardcore cheapskates," is it not?

testudoaubreii

quality posts: 13 Private Messages testudoaubreii

If it helps at all, I've no real complaints about the 5.5 Cuisinart Stand Mixer I got a couple months ago. The only tricky bit, I suppose, is the splash guard thing with the feed hole - it can be a bit tricky to get, say, flour through that, so I've made a bit of a mess before getting the hang of it (namely, using a small scoop and being really careful about it).

Three batches of cookies later and I'm glad I bought it. Maybe soon I'll get the ladyballs to actually start that bread I've been meaning to make.

(Man, I hope I haven't jinxed things and it breaks) (though the first one I got had a broken top, which Woot replaced quite readily, so that's excellent)

bottomfeeder57

bruce57 wrote:Um, no...but neither does one normally expect to see items in Sellout at the prices they carried in previous Woot and Woot Plus offerings...

Sellout is billed by Woot as the place for "hardcore cheapskates," is it not?

Please forgive my poor attempt at humor, it was not intended to offend. Your point is entirely valid. The new $5 per order shipping charge makes it much harder to be a true cheapskate, especially during woot-offs.

Correction: Amazon info says luminaries are made of 'food-grade parrafin wax' (paraffin). Stone Candles is the name of the company and their website. All products except one wrought iron stand are listed as sold out on the website. (6x6 - $36, 6x9 - $39.52-$49.12 & 6x12 - $59.51-$70.00 on amazon.)

rafcon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages rafcon
ThunderThighs wrote:Unfortunately, we are experiencing technical difficulties with our SquareTrade linking widget so we're unable to offer an extended protection plan. Sorry.

Anyone should be able to go directly to SquareTrade and get their own warranty, regardless of linked widgets or not, right? I think the linking only provides woot a small commission... the warranty is always available within 30 days of purchase through the ST site. I'm considering the stand mixers as well. Great value... worth the risk.

I got a fever... and the only prescription... is more woot!
  • Woots
  • More Woots
  • Even More Woots
  • And Counting...

mjonczak

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mjonczak
bottomfeeder57 wrote:The Luminary Sets are not wax candles. They are stone (candle-shaped) luminaries that come with tealight liquid fuel cells. I have not purchased any of these items, so I won't comment on the value of this offer. [Did ya expect dollar store prices in an offer titled, "High End Home...?"]

I bought (3) four-packs of the carved waxed Westinghouse 6" pillar candles battery candles over one year ago for $12.99 each and my family loves them, but no way would I pay $85 each for them. I know, I know it's like comparing apples to oranges; but they're basically still fruit (candles).

"When I die, I want to go             
as my grandfather did:                
quietly, peacefully, in his sleep. 
Not like his passengers."