WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Boston Acoustics Soundbars

Believe it or not, a soundbar isn't the same thing as a concert venue. We know, we know, they both produce sound, and they both have bars, but yes, they are entirely different things! These are speaker systems for your home. How's that for a crazy fact!?

fbregar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fbregar

I already have one of these and it has great sound. Much better then the Sony.

blackcentury

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blackcentury

Good to know, thanks! Is it one of these models?

fbregar wrote:I already have one of these and it has great sound. Much better then the Sony.

ferretferret

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ferretferret

I did around six hours of research on these the last time these went around. DEFINITELY aim for the Tvee26. The other tvee models are pretty riddled with all sorts of issues, and don't have Dolby surround sound or anything. The tvee10 is still a decent choice, however.
I purchased the Tvee26, and I absolutely adore it. It's refurbished, but appears brand new. Excellent sound.

(Make sure you have something with an optical cable or RCA inputs! They don't connect by HDMI!)

Hondasales

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hondasales

My TVee 26 arrived today. Was missing the battery for the remote...

Sound is good, no sub wifi issues, though the plastic on the soundbar had a couple scuffs... but it's a refurb. Biggest issue was getting the TV remote to work - after pressing the power button and the volume up button for 3 secs or so, I got the flashing lights, but was then confused by the included directions. You must press the button on the soundbar of the feature you want to program first, then press the button on the remote 4 times... then it worked like a charm. Still working on trying to get the speakers on my Panasonic plasma to turn off and keep the soundbar active - might be something I have to live with.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hondasales wrote:My TVee 26 arrived today. Was missing the battery for the remote...

Sound is good, no sub wifi issues, though the plastic on the soundbar had a couple scuffs... but it's a refurb. Biggest issue was getting the TV remote to work - after pressing the power button and the volume up button for 3 secs or so, I got the flashing lights, but was then confused by the included directions. You must press the button on the soundbar of the feature you want to program first, then press the button on the remote 4 times... then it worked like a charm. Still working on trying to get the speakers on my Panasonic plasma to turn off and keep the soundbar active - might be something I have to live with.

You might check their support site to see if there's a FAQ that will help or an email to them to ask your questions. BA has participated in the threads in past sales of these are seemed really helpful.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items