Check out these "good" reviews on the MP160 over at

lichme

quality posts: 2772 Private Messages lichme

Item: 3M LED Mobile Pocket Projector
Price: $169.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
4/24/2013 - $179.99-229.99 (Woot-off) - 5 comment(s)
4/8/2013 - $179.99-229.99 - 29 comment(s)

6/10/2013 - $180.00 (Woot Plus)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3360 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out the MP160 in action

russianspi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages russianspi

I have had a MP-160 for a few years now. I bought mine for $200ish, so I'm not super-impressed by the price offered here. Still, it's a pretty cool little projector. We use it for family movie nights. In a dark room, we can have a nice big picture (a 7 or 8 ft. diagonal) with no complaints. You can tell that this isn't HD video, but for watching movies or TV, his does the trick nicely.
DO: Use this in a dark room. You won't be impressed if you try to use it with much ambient light. Having a nice white wall or screen helps too.
DON'T: Buy this if you expect to use it as a computer monitor of any sort. It really doesn't have the resolution to support text, and you'll find yourself frustrated by trying.
DO: Use an external speaker. The speaker built into this thing is nearly worthless. If I'm playing video from my iPhone, I use the iPhone speaker over the projector speaker. But seriously...use a speaker, whether it be a stereo or an iPod dock connected in the aux port. It will make your moviegoing experience much much nicer.
DON'T: Think this will be a good tool for playing presentations at business meetings, as the description implies. Unless you want to just show pictures, or REALLY big text, it'll just be frustrating. In summary, this is a pretty neat little projector, but it has some limitations. And although I said that I wasn't TOO impressed by woot's price, it is still a pretty good deal for a little projector that easily fits in your pocket and runs off a battery. I'm glad with my purchase at $200, and I think you probably will be too at $170.

edchang00

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edchang00
russianspi wrote:I have had a MP-160 for a few years now. I bought mine for $200ish, so I'm not super-impressed by the price offered here. Still, it's a pretty cool little projector. We use it for family movie nights. In a dark room, we can have a nice big picture (a 7 or 8 ft. diagonal) with no complaints. You can tell that this isn't HD video, but for watching movies or TV, his does the trick nicely.
DO: Use this in a dark room. You won't be impressed if you try to use it with much ambient light. Having a nice white wall or screen helps too.
DON'T: Buy this if you expect to use it as a computer monitor of any sort. It really doesn't have the resolution to support text, and you'll find yourself frustrated by trying.
DO: Use an external speaker. The speaker built into this thing is nearly worthless. If I'm playing video from my iPhone, I use the iPhone speaker over the projector speaker. But seriously...use a speaker, whether it be a stereo or an iPod dock connected in the aux port. It will make your moviegoing experience much much nicer.
DON'T: Think this will be a good tool for playing presentations at business meetings, as the description implies. Unless you want to just show pictures, or REALLY big text, it'll just be frustrating. In summary, this is a pretty neat little projector, but it has some limitations. And although I said that I wasn't TOO impressed by woot's price, it is still a pretty good deal for a little projector that easily fits in your pocket and runs off a battery. I'm glad with my purchase at $200, and I think you probably will be too at $170.

Does it allow you to project anything from Apple products such as web pages? Or is it only for projecting videos?

russianspi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages russianspi
edchang00 wrote:Does it allow you to project anything from Apple products such as web pages? Or is it only for projecting videos?

I think that it only will let you project videos. I've messed with some jailbreak goodies that let you project anything, but if I recall correctly, on vanilla iOS, you can only use this to project videos.

deadering

quality posts: 2 Private Messages deadering

I felt a little deceived by Woot listing the price as "$9.99–$219.99" when the $9.99 was only for some cable.

Based on reviews I'll pass.

boydgirl4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boydgirl4

To the "wooter" that asked about it working with apple. I don't have this particular model but 3m has put out a style "pocket" projector that I just bought for my husband for Father's Day to use on a iPhone 4S. He absolutely loves it because it hasnt left his side since he got it....so I would say Go for it!!. And yes it projects I know for certain at least about 80 inches beautifully !

gregbowman

quality posts: 44 Private Messages gregbowman

Amazon's Gold Box Deal of the Day today is the MP225a with a spare batttery . . . is it a better deal overall for the money ($124.99) and free value shipping to boot (faster delivery, of course, if you've got Prime)? You decide.

Here ya go - click me!

JayaB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JayaB
gregbowman wrote:Amazon's Gold Box Deal of the Day today is the MP225a with a spare batttery . . . is it a better deal overall for the money ($124.99) and free value shipping to boot (faster delivery, of course, if you've got Prime)? You decide.

Here ya go - click me!

According to Techsavvy and PCMag, the Amazon Gold Box deal is basically the same projector as the 160, just in a different case.

And it projects whatever is showing on your monitor, whether Mac or PC. On the iPod, iPad, and iPhone, it is limited to vids, Netflix and photos. The iPad 2 "most content" - the app must be compatible. Also works with game systems, cameras and camcorders.

The native res is the same for both (800x600). So - if you don't mind white, it seems to be the better deal. The Apple cable is included AND you get a spare battery as well.

photobobk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages photobobk

Been waiting for this one, in for 3!

Oops! I thought it said pocket PROTECTOR...

(never mind)

beautyofmachines

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beautyofmachines
deadering wrote:I felt a little deceived by Woot listing the price as "$9.99–$219.99" when the $9.99 was only for some cable.

Yup, same. Get it together woot...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

deadering wrote:I felt a little deceived by Woot listing the price as "$9.99–$219.99" when the $9.99 was only for some cable.

Sorry, that wasn't the intent. Our site automatically puts up the price range for all the offers in the sale. We wanted to make sure the Apple cable was available for those that need it.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

offline999

quality posts: 4 Private Messages offline999

Really?
You honestly thought Woot! was offering a video projector for 10 bucks and now you feel deceived? For real?
And..."based on reviews" of the ACTUAL $170 projector you're going to pass? If you think those reviews are bad, I'd have to think reviews for a $10 projector would be horrible...

worlebird

quality posts: 3 Private Messages worlebird

Deceived? Really? I was a little confused at first, but I figured it out pretty quickly.

jet314

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jet314

Can the 180 be used with a Xoom tablet or a Kindle HD 8.9?

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

jet314 wrote:Can the 180 be used with a Xoom tablet or a Kindle HD 8.9?

The specs for the 180 list the following connections:

DC input
3M Computer (VGA) / AV
microUSB
3.5mm
*Additionally, you can connect via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

These seem to be pretty standard connections, so I doubt you'll have a compatibility problem. Hopefully someone in the community will chime in with some personal experience!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.