BaneRules

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BaneRules
mdillard9 wrote:I also wear a 10.5 to 11 in normal shoes so the chart says I should get a 41. I really wanted these but the only size left is 44. Would that be way too big?

I'm in the same boat. I'm sure they'd be way too large. Bummed, my friend boasts about his all the time and would definitely have jumped on a size 41 pair.

Hoogs88

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Hoogs88

Ugh, this blows. I've been wanting some of these, and this is a great deal, but only size 44 is left. Apparently I'm a size 42

MukYJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MukYJ

41 or 42 here... 44 sounds way too big.

Did anyone ever get an answer on whether these work for folks with wide feet?

daringone1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daringone1

This was a great deal the last time it was up. I bought a pair, and have loved them. FYI - I wear a size 12 normal shoe, and the 44 fits me nicely.

nyub101

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyub101
MukYJ wrote:41 or 42 here... 44 sounds way too big.

Did anyone ever get an answer on whether these work for folks with wide feet?

I have wide feet and they work for me. I am just a single wide though, not a double, triple, etc.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." -- Albert Einstein

Hoogs88

daringone1 wrote:This was a great deal the last time it was up. I bought a pair, and have loved them. FYI - I wear a size 12 normal shoe, and the 44 fits me nicely.

Huh, I wear a size 12 too but apparently I'm a size 41-42 for Vibrams. Maybe I will get a pair of these. Anyone know if Woot, specifically Sellout, does returns?

Edit: It looks like Vibram doesn't accept returns/exchanges from other sellers. Hopefully Woot would.

wiz1369

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wiz1369

Well crap....my 12 1/2" foot won't work in these (size 44's)! Size 49??? ...wife is still laughing...

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Hoogs88 wrote:Huh, I wear a size 12 too but apparently I'm a size 41-42 for Vibrams. Maybe I will get a pair of these. Anyone know if Woot, specifically Sellout, does returns?

Edit: It looks like Vibram doesn't accept returns/exchanges from other sellers. Hopefully Woot would.

as we mention in our FAQ, we tend to not accept returns for products that aren't DOA or malfunctioning.

that's the "official" stance. often, if you write to Support@Woot.com & you're real friendly, our CS team will try to work something out.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Hoogs88

PemberDucky wrote:as we mention in our FAQ, we tend to not accept returns for products that aren't DOA or malfunctioning.

that's the "official" stance. often, if you write to Support@Woot.com & you're real friendly, our CS team will try to work something out.

Thanks, I read the FAQ but wasn't sure since it doesn't specifically say anything about returning items that aren't defective (that I could see).

spacezorro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spacezorro
MatthewVinez wrote:My fiance was never more disappointed with me than when I bought a pair of these shoes... that was, until I bought my second pair. #3 coming up today. These are great!

haha

I think they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. It doesn't even bug me anymore when people look at my feet when I go out.

We recently had to go to something fancy and my wife requested I break out the Wedding/Funeral shoes. I guess my feet are so used to being barefoot that "regular" shoes hurt now.

sr885bk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sr885bk

I've had a pair of Classics for 3 years. I bought a pair of Bikilas from a deals.woot deal about a year and a half ago for $50. These shoes are more comfortable as every day shoes than the Classics due to more sole material and a bit of EVA (I think) foam in the arch. This is not arch support, though. I wear a 11.5-12 normally and 44 fits me best. I can wear (Injinji) socks with either pair. I have another pair of Bikilas in 43 that I purchased, but they are just barely too tight for my liking. Been trying to sell them forever...

mjd235

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjd235
kenuf wrote:How do we know these aren't knock offs. Is woot an authorized seller?

When have you ever purchased something form Woot! that wasn't exactly as it was described?

Woot! doesn't do knock offs. Whatever it says they are...that's exactly what they are.

theco2

quality posts: 47 Private Messages theco2

I purchased 2 pairs and I am really looking forward to them arriving. Several of my friends have Vibram FiveFingers and love them. I'm sure if I don't like them, I'll have no problems selling them.

Now I just wish USPS would update their tracking, so I can have a general idea when I am going to be seeing them.

sdownin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sdownin

Got these a few days ago. While, yes, they were new, unworn shoes, they were definitely factory seconds. The soles were discolored in splotches - like they had gotten splashed with bleach before the color had quite set. There was no way they'd be able to sell these in actual retail outlets at normal prices. Normal price people want perfect. As far as I can tell, though, that's the only defect these shoes have, and it's just a cosmetic one.

I checked out Vibram's sizing guide. Normally I wear a men's 10.5 or 11. According to their sizing tool, a 43 should have been just a hair long for what I measured my foot at (just shy of 11" long). Unfortunately, by the time I got around to ordering, the 43's were gone, so I said "What the heck" and got the 44s.

First thing to note, the shoes seem to spread my toes pretty wide. It actually looks kinda weird. Second thing, evidently the toe spreading straightens out my bunions a good bit, and the big toe fits pretty snugly now in its pocket. I guess my feet were actually bigger than I thought once my toes get straightened. lol

So far they're pretty comfortable, I haven't worn them for long periods of time, yet, though. I have low arches, and ankles that like to pronate. I can definitely feel those problems when I wear these. It may be that as I wear them more, the muscles may start to strengthen a bit and some of that may go away. We'll see.