rei.com says "thats good stuff"

lichme

quality posts: 3125 Private Messages lichme

Item: Vibram FiveFingers Bikila Shoes
Price: $26.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/24/2013 - $27.99 - 156 comment(s)
3/26/2013 - $34.99 - 123 comment(s)
12/31/2012 - $36.99 - 83 comment(s)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3807 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lots of very good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at amazon

UofIKappaDelta

quality posts: 7 Private Messages UofIKappaDelta

love these shoes... sad they are only offered here in the two mens sizes of 43 and 44

be sure to measure your feet people!

nickelseternal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickelseternal

Only 2 sizes, what the heck is that about? Call me when you have a 46. Nap time!

lichme

quality posts: 3125 Private Messages lichme

Take a look at the Sizing Tool before you buy

spork7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spork7

They run smaller than the other Vibrams I've worn (Trek, KSO, and KSO Trek, to be specific). All of those, I'm a 46. Bikilas I'm a 47.

kenuf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenuf

How do we know these aren't knock offs. Is woot an authorized seller?

areaman714

quality posts: 3 Private Messages areaman714

What did five fingers say to the face?

SLAP!!!

Jport0513

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Jport0513

Love these shoes! Bought my first pair from a local running shop, and the next two pairs from woot! I rock a slightly roomy 11.5 in asics, and the 44 fits like a glove. Wear them for everything! (You'll look goofy, but they're super comfy)

khunjeff

quality posts: 21 Private Messages khunjeff

I have five pairs of Bikilas and love them, but they're a bit hard to size. My "correct" size is probably 40; with that size it really feels like my foot is in a glove. Size 40 is so close-fitting, though, that the toe separators can start digging painfully into my toe-webs (is that a word?) when I'm walking down a steep hill (lots of them where I live) and my foot is pushed forward inside the shoe.

Size 41 is less glove-like and I feel a bit of empty space above my toes, but it's not uncomfortably loose. Whichever size I wear, I like the connection with the ground that Bikilas give me - good traction and a real barefoot feel.

Too bad this sale only has sizes that are too big for me - leftovers from last month's sale, I guess.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

kenuf wrote:How do we know these aren't knock offs. Is woot an authorized seller?

If we carry the 90 Day Vibram warranty than we should have their authorization for sale.

We've also sold these before:
http://sport.woot.com/plus/vibram-fivefingers-shoes-4
http://www.woot.com/offers/vibram-fivefingers-bikila-shoes-2

http://sport.woot.com/offers/vibram-fivefingers-bikila-shoes

schrody

quality posts: 9 Private Messages schrody

Better and healthier than most shoes, but not as good as no shoes.

No shirt, no shoes, no pants, no gods. No worries!

achang1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages achang1

whats with the limited sizes?

icet1986

quality posts: 2 Private Messages icet1986

I have had a pair for a few years and just picked up these. Couldn't have a better pair of shoes for everyday use. They will get you weird looks in public but you already shop on woot so whats the difference?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

achang1 wrote:whats with the limited sizes?

We've had these shoes offered multiple times before. These might the only sizes left.

osiris73

quality posts: 1 Private Messages osiris73

I bought these when they were on sales last time. I also own a few other, different styles. The sizing on these is a little small. I recommend buying one size up from what their sizing chart recommends. Also, I'm a big guy (but the length of the shoes should not matter in this regard)so you *must* take this advice: these shoes are for normal-sized people. The top of your foot where the shoe hits the skin... after just a few minutes, will totally cut off circulation. You *can* alter these pretty easily, however. Take some scissors, cut about an 1.5 inches down towards your toes and then whip-stitch the cut like you're a serger, and they fit great.

osiris73

quality posts: 1 Private Messages osiris73
spork7 wrote:They run smaller than the other Vibrams I've worn (Trek, KSO, and KSO Trek, to be specific). All of those, I'm a 46. Bikilas I'm a 47.

You're exactly right. They're a little uncomfortable if you follow the Vibram website. Go one size larger than they recommend.

jamina1

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jamina1

Got these the last time, they're great! Just make sure you accurately size your feet. The size I got fit perfectly, but I failed to take into account that my middle toe is LONGER than my big toe. Due to this, it gets smooshed (since I measured on my big toe).

Measure from your heel to the end of your LONGEST TOE and you should be fine.

These have helped my running form greatly!

FINALLY GOT A Bucket of Candycorn ON 9/22/10!

gonzoangel0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gonzoangel0

I bought these last time (two pairs) and I can't stop wearing them. So comfortable everywhere. Its better than wearing sandals. Even used the second pair as beach shoes. Just make sure to use the sizing recommendations off their website for that particular shoe and you should be good.

klgrl7681

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klgrl7681

Are these okay to wear if you have high arches?

dggeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dggeek
khunjeff wrote:I have five pairs of Bikilas and love them, but they're a bit hard to size. My "correct" size is probably 40; with that size it really feels like my foot is in a glove. Size 40 is so close-fitting, though, that the toe separators can start digging painfully into my toe-webs (is that a word?) when I'm walking down a steep hill (lots of them where I live) and my foot is pushed forward inside the shoe.

Size 41 is less glove-like and I feel a bit of empty space above my toes, but it's not uncomfortably loose. Whichever size I wear, I like the connection with the ground that Bikilas give me - good traction and a real barefoot feel.

Too bad this sale only has sizes that are too big for me - leftovers from last month's sale, I guess.

What's your measurement based on the sizing chart?

dallasdano

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dallasdano

Great size selection, Woot! Waste of time to even click.

rwheeler

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rwheeler

If you're not used to wearing these, you need to slowly get your feet/ankles used to wearing them. I'm talking 30 minutes or so a day around the house, then working up from there. If you try to take it too fast, they're going to be very uncomfortable from a habit standpoint!

neveraging

quality posts: 4 Private Messages neveraging

I will note that these were true to size and fit my feet great.
BUT
I have toes that get progressively shorter than my bit toe so these shoe toes are floppy on my pointer and middle toes. As such these shoes are crummy if you are like half the people in the world.

GH

nyub101

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyub101

Oh man, this completely made my day! I have a pair of the all around ones but I have been wanting a pair of these outdoor ones. Running in these things is awesome, wearing them on the sail boat, even around the house! Thanks! Can't wait to get these in!

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." -- Albert Einstein

Johnkaye

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Johnkaye
klgrl7681 wrote:Are these okay to wear if you have high arches?

I have been wearing these full time for two years and have walked hundreds of miles in them. Vibram's are essentially gloves to protect your feet. You are walking barefoot with a little protection. They have no arch or heel. If you can walk barefoot comfortably with your high arch they should be fine. Sizing is critical. Also with no heel you are using your Achilles tendons and calf muscles in a new way. Build wear time up gradually or you will be sore.

bodycount187

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bodycount187

I have no arch at all and my foot width is a size 4E. Does anyone know if these will fit a wide foot?

wkmtca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkmtca

i bought these last time and found 2 things.. first it took me a couple times putting them on to figure out i had to basically 'crawl' my toes into them in order for my toes not to curl and that the size i bought leaves no sock room so if i plan to wear socks i need to buy one size up i think.

mike884

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mike884

Chart says I need a 41 with. 10.5 inch foot... But I usually wear an 11.5 and many reviews say the chart is off... Would the 43s work for me?

Roadking432

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Roadking432

I know the people that have these seem to love them. I ordered a pair last time and ended up returning them. They were a bear trying to put them on and I finally gave up. My guess is you will either love them or hate them.

ikeray

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ikeray

Highly recommend you get some toe socks, like injinji. I wore mine w/o the first few times and my big toe nail would catch a seam, and the top of the shoe pulled my Hobbit hair, I nearly gave up on the shoes. Bought some socks ($10/pair:$), but absolutely love the shoes now. Seriously feels like I wearing socks with hard soles.

MatthewVinez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MatthewVinez

My fiance was never more disappointed with me than when I bought a pair of these shoes... that was, until I bought my second pair. #3 coming up today. These are great!

scubalab

quality posts: 9 Private Messages scubalab

Got these last time and have only worn them a couple times. They are unique! Very comfortable though.

I have to agree with the others who said these run small. Depending on how much pressure I put on the floor/ruler when I measured my foot, I was right at a 1/4 inch mark, but a slight increase in pressure put me 1/8 inch over. They run in 1/4 inch increments by their size chart. So, to be safe, I actually got the size 1/8-1/4 inch bigger than my feet measured. They BARELY Fit. VERY snug - my big toe is pressed right to the end.

My suggestion, definitely go up one size - 1/4 inch is not that much. I'd rather have 1/8 inch space than 1/8 inch short!

scubalab

quality posts: 9 Private Messages scubalab
MatthewVinez wrote:My fiance was never more disappointed with me than when I bought a pair of these shoes... that was, until I bought my second pair. #3 coming up today. These are great!

Have to laugh at that! My wife threatened to divorce me if I wore them in public...

After the week I've had, I'm wearing them in public later today!

(They are, well, ugly.)

jroth420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jroth420
gonzoangel0 wrote:I bought these last time (two pairs) and I can't stop wearing them. So comfortable everywhere. Its better than wearing sandals. Even used the second pair as beach shoes. Just make sure to use the sizing recommendations off their website for that particular shoe and you should be good.

Yeah, I started wearing mine into the ocean every day (so much nicer not stepping on rocks and seashell shrapnel), so I am psyched that they are back so soon. And one of the only 2 sizes available just happens to be mine. Sweet!

jroth420

mike884 wrote:Chart says I need a 41 with. 10.5 inch foot... But I usually wear an 11.5 and many reviews say the chart is off... Would the 43s work for me?

I usually wear 10.5 to 11 in shoes. The 43's were great for me.

jroth420

Johnkaye wrote:I have been wearing these full time for two years and have walked hundreds of miles in them. Vibram's are essentially gloves to protect your feet. You are walking barefoot with a little protection. They have no arch or heel. If you can walk barefoot comfortably with your high arch they should be fine. Sizing is critical. Also with no heel you are using your Achilles tendons and calf muscles in a new way. Build wear time up gradually or you will be sore.

Yeah, I noticed that when I started walking my dogs in them at the beach. You can definitely feel that you're working your muscles differently, but it's not too bad. I did my usual 2 mile walk with them the first day and didn't end up crippled or anything.

mdillard9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdillard9

I also wear a 10.5 to 11 in normal shoes so the chart says I should get a 41. I really wanted these but the only size left is 44. Would that be way too big?