WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

McKlein USA Laptop Cases

For a long time, I saw McKlein laptop bags as repressive. I thought I was keeping my computer behind "the leather curtain." But then I tried carrying it around just under my arm, and it was a real pain. Thank you, McKlein, for helping me see the error in my ways.
McKlein official site

alagron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alagron

I was looking for a new laptop case and I HOPE I can squeeze my 15.6" laptop into this case. It looks slick! I'll find out shortly since I ordered 1 day shipping. YAY! Time to tote my laptop in style. I also like that I'll be able to string it onto my rolling suitcase via the magic zipper. WOOT!

scottsobo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottsobo

I hate McKlein. Here is my 4 year old post on ebags:
77 of 127 person(s) found the following review helpful.
"I purchased the McKlein P Series Bag and the zippers failed after about 2 years. They do not replace zippers or repair the bag and recommended the "Chicago" in 2007 because of its warranty. I travel frequently and liked the removable bag from wheels for commuter flights. So I bought the Chicago in 2007. The side of the bag SPLIT at a seam which make it irreparable according to McKlein. I have gone back and forth with their customer service, and their "Limited Lifetime Warranty" is bull because they cannot repair the bag and will not replace it. I am returning another bag I was going to buy from them as a gift. For the price, you might as well upgrade to someone else who will honor their warranty. They offered me 50% off full retail which is close to what the bags sell for on the web. WARNING: DO NOT BUY any McKlein products, they don't honor warranties."

Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

ebam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebam

Interesting- I've had the exact opposite experience. I bought 3 bags 2 woot sales ago. one of them arrived damaged, but it was also the only faux, so I thought maybe it was a processing issue. I made a comment to that effect at the last woot sale, encouraging folks to check out the real leather, but that I wasn't as sure about the faux. The McKlein rep contacted me, i sent him pictures of the odd marks, and he sent me a brand new bag. I wasn't even looking for the exchange ('cause, you know, woot), so I was really impressed by the service and commitment to product.

scottsobo wrote:I hate McKlein. Here is my 4 year old post on ebags:
77 of 127 person(s) found the following review helpful.
"I purchased the McKlein P Series Bag and the zippers failed after about 2 years. They do not replace zippers or repair the bag and recommended the "Chicago" in 2007 because of its warranty. I travel frequently and liked the removable bag from wheels for commuter flights. So I bought the Chicago in 2007. The side of the bag SPLIT at a seam which make it irreparable according to McKlein. I have gone back and forth with their customer service, and their "Limited Lifetime Warranty" is bull because they cannot repair the bag and will not replace it. I am returning another bag I was going to buy from them as a gift. For the price, you might as well upgrade to someone else who will honor their warranty. They offered me 50% off full retail which is close to what the bags sell for on the web. WARNING: DO NOT BUY any McKlein products, they don't honor warranties."

Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

scottsobo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottsobo

Maybe they changed. At the time I exchanged email with one of the family members that owns or owned the company when I requested they elevate my request. I was polite til they told me to f$;k off. It is rare that I hate, but still hating this company because I was a repeat customer... I paste that review every year or so somewhere. WARNING!

ebam wrote:Interesting- I've had the exact opposite experience. I bought 3 bags 2 woot sales ago. one of them arrived damaged, but it was also the only faux, so I thought maybe it was a processing issue. I made a comment to that effect at the last woot sale, encouraging folks to check out the real leather, but that I wasn't as sure about the faux. The McKlein rep contacted me, i sent him pictures of the odd marks, and he sent me a brand new bag. I wasn't even looking for the exchange ('cause, you know, woot), so I was really impressed by the service and commitment to product.