WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Big TVs -- But Not Huge

The arc subtended by an object is inversely proportional to the distance from the object. In other words: Instead of buying the biggest TV you can, just get a normally-sized TV and sit a little bit closer. 

theglassrat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theglassrat

DO NOT buy the Hisense TV. I recently received my second non-working one in a row from Woot. Woot's customer service sent labels to ship them back.

fasteyes

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fasteyes

When I try to buy something I get a message reading: "Oh no! PayPal's been temporarily disabled, but we know you want your stuff. Please select a different payment method." I know this probably isn't the best place to post this but I have not gotten a response from customer service and I would like to purchase something. Can anyone help me fix this issue?

manhandsha

quality posts: 36 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

fasteyes wrote:When I try to buy something I get a message reading: "Oh no! PayPal's been temporarily disabled, but we know you want your stuff. Please select a different payment method." I know this probably isn't the best place to post this but I have not gotten a response from customer service and I would like to purchase something. Can anyone help me fix this issue?

Sorry for any inconvenience, but we're aware of the issue and working to get PayPal back up and running as soon as possible.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

fasteyes

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fasteyes
manhandsha wrote:Sorry for any inconvenience, but we're aware of the issue and working to get PayPal back up and running as soon as possible.

Thank you for the response. I appreciate it.

manhandsha

Staff

fasteyes wrote:Thank you for the response. I appreciate it.

No problem! Didn't want to leave you hangin', thinking we don't want you to order from us.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

CassiesCorner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages CassiesCorner

This remote signal thing seems interesting! I use the roku app on my iphone so it'd be even more awesome to be able to control the tv too. heh

qtpuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qtpuff
fasteyes wrote:When I try to buy something I get a message reading: "Oh no! PayPal's been temporarily disabled, but we know you want your stuff. Please select a different payment method." I know this probably isn't the best place to post this but I have not gotten a response from customer service and I would like to purchase something. Can anyone help me fix this issue?

qtpuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qtpuff
qtpuff wrote:

I've had that problem also all this week trying to order something..and woot just finally got back to me and told me their Pay-pal is disabled..do not no why and they did not elaborate any further as to why..I told them get it up again because I don't like leaving my credit card no's online I'd rather pay out with pay-Pal also

Dartman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Dartman

I got the Sony 42EX440 for Christmas and was surprised how bright and crisp it is for the MEH tech it uses. It also has great black level and the color is very nice and balanced too after tweaking it a bit.
It has already been discontinued by Sony and pretty sure my family paid 600 for it. Limited inputs and no smart functions but it simply looks awesome and even the viewing angles aren't that bad either for what it is. If you need a smaller TV and don't need all the bells and whistles, just a nice looking picture, this is a great set.

iguana71

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iguana71
qtpuff wrote:...I told them get it up again because I'd rather pay out with pay-Pal...

hwnscigirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hwnscigirl1

Anyone know if this set has an auto-on and a sleep timer? I've browsed online and can't find info.

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143

I bought the "Hisense 42" 1080p LED HDTV, 3 HDMI, 1.5" Profile F42K20E" from Newegg about a week and a half ago for $249.99 + free shipping. I have it mounted in my room as we speak and I love it.

theglassrat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theglassrat
ashli143 wrote:I bought the "Hisense 42" 1080p LED HDTV, 3 HDMI, 1.5" Profile F42K20E" from Newegg about a week and a half ago for $249.99 + free shipping. I have it mounted in my room as we speak and I love it.

I think YMMV on the Hisense refurbs, but I've received two in a row from Woot that stopped working in less than a week.

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143
theglassrat wrote:I think YMMV on the Hisense refurbs, but I've received two in a row from Woot that stopped working in less than a week.

I think its the shipping department. My first Hisense was through Woot and it had to be taken back because of damages. They had no more in stock so I went to newegg who shipped it a lot better imo, and it is flawless.

kaisterbahn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaisterbahn

Woooooot ship my tv plz and thx. Also, don't hurt it. Love you.

manhandsha

Staff

kaisterbahn wrote:Woooooot ship my tv plz and thx. Also, don't hurt it. Love you.

We always try to handle your items with a little TLC. I ordered and just received a TV from a Woot Off a couple weeks ago. It arrived in perfect condition, and it's working great!

lgbtech

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lgbtech

I have a 37" Sony Bravia LCD 720p that looks and works great but I've been thinking of upgrading to something a little larger for a while. The Sony Bravia KDL42EX440 looks really good. I did some poking around on the interwebs for reviews and stuff and here's what I found.

Amazon is selling this model new for $578.

Tiger Direct is selling it refurbished for $105 more than Woot.

PC Magazine rates it as 'Good', giving it 3 1/2 stars.

And finally, a bunch of AV/gamer geeks discuss it's merits and generally love it on this forum.

I'll probably buy one. Overall the reviews are pretty good and I don't care about wifi features and stuff. I already have an Apple TV and a blu-ray player that does all of that so this is looking like a really nice deal.

kaisterbahn

manhandsha wrote:We always try to handle your items with a little TLC. I ordered and just received a TV from a Woot Off a couple weeks ago. It arrived in perfect condition, and it's working great!

My only problem with Woot is how long it takes for a status update. I suppose I'm spoiled by Amazon, but I just don't like how I buy an item Friday and by today there is no status update. Love the products, hate the logistics.

Also, I've never bought a TV off of here before and I've read too many horror stories about their TV shipping practices and not using an additional thicker cardboard shipping box, just the retail box.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 588 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kaisterbahn wrote:My only problem with Woot is how long it takes for a status update. I suppose I'm spoiled by Amazon, but I just don't like how I buy an item Friday and by today there is no status update. Love the products, hate the logistics.

Also, I've never bought a TV off of here before and I've read too many horror stories about their TV shipping practices and not using an additional thicker cardboard shipping box, just the retail box.

Keep in mind that we sell hundreds of TVs in each event and there are going to be a few problems. You're seeing the few people posting about problems but not the hundreds of others that are enjoying their TVs with no problems. Our damage rates are really pretty darn low and we'll do our best to take care of you if something happens.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kaisterbahn

ThunderThighs wrote:

Keep in mind that we sell hundreds of TVs in each event and there are going to be a few problems. You're seeing the few people posting about problems but not the hundreds of others that are enjoying their TVs with no problems. Our damage rates are really pretty darn low and we'll do our best to take care of you if something happens.

Oh no I believe you. I take reviews with a grain of salt and realize Woot is pretty damn good, given the tacit nature of 'good' reviews. But the consumer side of me worries when I see consistent issues, and I've had problems with SEKO in the past (though I'm not sure if you'll be using them for this particular order.)

I'll take that hug now.

stv6669

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stv6669

None of these are honestly a deal and here is why;

#1. These are all 60Hz which is dead technology by today's standards.
#2. These are all refurbished but their price range for such crap TVs are still high.
#3. Never pay more than $10 per 1 inch on an HDTV that is 60Hz refresh rate.

You will be disappointed by the quality of picture you'll get on these TVs compared to their regular price competitors. This is 10 year old technology in these TVs with cheap parts. 60Hz is what I have in my old Samsung that I brought when I was 18, I am 28 now.

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
stv6669 wrote:None of these are honestly a deal and here is why;

#1. These are all 60Hz which is dead technology by today's standards.
#2. These are all refurbished but their price range for such crap TVs are still high.
#3. Never pay more than $10 per 1 inch on an HDTV that is 60Hz refresh rate.

You will be disappointed by the quality of picture you'll get on these TVs compared to their regular price competitors. This is 10 year old technology in these TVs with cheap parts. 60Hz is what I have in my old Samsung that I brought when I was 18, I am 28 now.

I don't know if this post was meant as a troll or a real (if somewhat negative) attempt to impart useful info, but in either case, I must point out that you are in error as to your #1 above. Look again, they are not all 60Hz.

mcmc2012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcmc2012

Does anyone have feedback on the 6' HDMI cord?

Jaxidian

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jaxidian

Anybody know anything about that audio mount? That looks kinda cool for secondary TVs where you might want a soundbar but not a full audio system. I can't find any reviews anywhere on this thing!

stv6669

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stv6669
InFrom wrote:I don't know if this post was meant as a troll or a real (if somewhat negative) attempt to impart useful info, but in either case, I must point out that you are in error as to your #1 above. Look again, they are not all 60Hz.

The only TV that isn't 60hz is 120hz "tru motion" which means it is a 60hz TV marketed as a 120hz tv because they added a quick black screen in between each frame to give the appearance of 120 frames per second when really it is just a blink 60 frames per second. This has been discussed thousands of times and you can do your research yourself on why this is actually a 60hz TV labeled as 120hz TruMotion and not a legit 120hz. It is a scam by the LG company, Samsung, and Toshiba. They will never say "120hz" and thats it, they will always add their special name to it like "Uber 120hz" or "120hz clear motion" which is because they cannot just call it 120hz since that is not actually true. It's basically saying "120hz like, but not quiet 120hz"

You'll notice that 120hz TVs cost more than 120hz trumotion but 120hz trumotion will cost more than 60hz tvs but that the 60hz transmitter is found in both the trumotion TV and the 60hz tv; it's just firmware that adds an extra flash of black screen.

You're welcome.

deelavel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deelavel

My wife and I recently purchased the LG 47" LED TV. It arrived in perfect condition considering it was a refurb. The image quality and available options were above our expectations. This was a great purchase for the price point.