WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Knife to Know You

Knife. Rhymes with life. Because that's what owning these will change. YOURS. Especially if you don't have any already. Because if you've been living a knife-free life? Owning one will BLOW. YOUR. MIND. Go on, give it a try.

cwfenn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cwfenn

Gosh, Ginsu knives...do people still buy those things?

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
cwfenn wrote:Gosh, Ginsu knives...do people still buy those things?

apparantly they do, and for more money than on here. but they get excellent reviews on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Ginsu-5-Piece-Japanese-Stainless-5824/dp/B0055FSC7I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1370387666&sr=8-2&keywords=Ginsu+10pc+Sofuto+Knife+Set-Lotus

I always did like yardsales.

lelupus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lelupus

I would definitely have bought the Ginsu knife block. Home knives don't need to hold up as well as or be as nice as professional knives; I'll try a decently reviewed knife block for that price in a heartbeat.

the1pony

quality posts: 6 Private Messages the1pony

I love those Kuhn Rikon knives. I have a couple sets already, but I'm tempted to pick up this one too. They're my favorite knives by a longshot.

stinawargo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages stinawargo
the1pony wrote:I love those Kuhn Rikon knives. I have a couple sets already, but I'm tempted to pick up this one too. They're my favorite knives by a longshot.

Same here. They're perfect for everyday use, since they're dishwasher safe. Just a warning though--that cover on the large rectangular knife comes off VERY easily when you least expect it and those knives are extremely sharp. I'd recommend investing in a rubberband or binder clip to hold on that cover if you're not putting these knives in a block.

ldsmom7566

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ldsmom7566

Does anybody have any experience with having to sharpen those kuhn rikon knives? Although we really LOVE them, and they ARE EXTREMELY SHARP (when they first come out of the box), they (at least with mine) seem to lose their sharpness after awhile, and can quickly become VERY DULL.
We are wondering if anyone else has had this problem, because we have even taken extremely good care of them, yet they still dulled on us after about a month of normal use. We ever ONLY hand washed them, and usually it's right after each use. Plus they only get used on/with the cutting board that they originally came with (we bought our's in a combo package of the knives, and a cutting board).
Needless to say, we have taken great care in order to try and maximize their 'life', however, as I said they became dull in a fairly short period of time.
We really would like to sharpen them but are afraid of ruining any edge that they do have left. Which is why we are wondering if there is anyone who has had any experience in sharpening these knives, and how well they took an edge? Also, what kind/s of sharpener/s were used, and which is the best kind to use on these types of knifes.
Thanks a lot in advance!

thisiskevin32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thisiskevin32

"I'd like to return these."

"You got a receipt?"

"Actually, no. They're a gift."

"Why are you returning these?"

"They're not sharp enough."

"They're not sharp enough?"

"No. Not for what we need them for. They couldn't cut cans."

"You bought them to cut cans?"

"No, but in the commercial, it said if I wanted to cut cans, I could."

the1pony

quality posts: 6 Private Messages the1pony

Couldn't resist the pink ones. Now I will have them in red/white polka dots, black/white zebra stripes and pink/black/white polka dots. 'Cause I'm stylish like that.