WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Koss Speakers, 2 at a Time

Your computer can run programs, connect to the internet, create files, all sorts of stuff. And now you want them to sing to you too? Jeez! Give em a break, why don't ya! Get em some Koss 2 Piece Computer Speakers!
Koss official site

mikeegee23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeegee23

These things are junk. I bought them last go-around since I needed a cheap pair and they were only $6. Somehow I purchased two pairs (at least it was during the good 'ol days of $5 + all day free shipping).

Needless to say they are good enough for paperweights. The sound quality is more like the cackling of a witch and it isn't even worth my $$ to send them back to Koss to have warrantied.

Pretty disappointing; oh well - you get what you pay for. At $2 maybe it is worth taking a chance to get a better pair but unlikely.

glitch130

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glitch130

Anyone else feel like these speaker are a blast from the not so distant past? Totally 90s beige

alan0123

quality posts: 11 Private Messages alan0123

I bought a Pair of these Last Year (Dec 13),
[Koss HD/6 Amplified Speakers]
when they were like $16 a pair.
It has everything Included except the Audio Cable. (Even though it stated in the Add that it included that).
I write WOOT about it (But No reply)
I Must Say they sound Pretty Good, They can be very Loud... thats what I like about them.

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 39 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

Two bucks is like, free. I've noticed a lot of the desktop computers come with really crap little USB powered speakers lately. And the LED computer monitors often don't have built in speakers. So these aren't going to impress anyone with their sound quality, but they're cheaper than the batteries you'll need for them. If you're the type that saves old power adapters from electronic accessories (I am), you can probably find one that will power these and never mind the batteries.

moonlitcherri

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moonlitcherri

Wow! It's way back Wednesday. I had some of these Koss Speakers back in 1990. They came free with my portable CD player.

Knowledge is power, but only if you use it.

skou

quality posts: 21 Private Messages skou
alan0123 wrote:I bought a Pair of these Last Year (Dec 13),
[Koss HD/6 Amplified Speakers]
when they were like $16 a pair.
It has everything Included except the Audio Cable. (Even though it stated in the Add that it included that).
I write WOOT about it (But No reply)
I Must Say they sound Pretty Good, They can be very Loud... thats what I like about them.

I just got 3 sets of the Koss HD/50 speakers, and they came with a total of 7 audio cables. Also came with AC adapters, which the write-up said they DON'T have.

They work OK for me.

steve

green2red

quality posts: 0 Private Messages green2red

Got my order yesterday, but I hadn't opened them yet...I ordered TWO sets of the HD/6 and one HD/50...hoping I would end up with two power cords.

Turns out the box that should have contained the two HD/6 sets...was big enough to contain them, but only had ONE set inside. The box had arrived damaged and the brown paper tape was torn open and replaced (sloppily) with clear packing tape. I called UPS to report a stolem item, then I contacted Woot per UPS's instruction.

Woot responds: "Sorry about that. It appears we were unable to fulfill both sets of HD/6 speakers. I issued a $2 refund back to your original payment method. Sorry for any inconvenience."

Why wasn't I informed BEFORE the order shipped out?? and WHY was it still shipped in a box large enough for two pairs of speakers? (The third came in a separate box--which COULD have been in the box with the other pair, if they had thought about this.) Seems to me they ripped open my box to get the item back out, then shipped it looking like it had been thru he** and back, then 'bought me off' with telling me they could not fulfill that item.

I call shenanigans. Thumbsdown Woot. You should have informed me not to expect what I paid for.

EDIT: So after opening the boxes- The HD/6 has NO A/C adapter which was supposed to be included, and one speaker is dented/one has a faulty on/off button... the HD/50 set has the stereo cords, but No adapter, and are in perfect/new condition.

dman1837

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dman1837

Mine were DOA, waiting to hear from WOOT.

MTHead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MTHead

My peeps are always asking me for speakers, so I jumped on this: three of the HD/50s, two of the SX/30s. The HDs arrived so fast I had no idea what was in the box (it has Amazon tape on it), so kudos for quick shipping!

Unfortunately, they're DOA. They came with power adapters - which the listing said they didn't - which was a pleasant surprise until I tried to plug 'em in and turn 'em on. No light from the LED, no sund from the speakers. I tested the power supplies with a multimeter, and they're dead as the dodo, so... not such a pleasant surprise after all.

I bought some C cells and popped 'em in, and still: no light, no sound. I've only opened two sets so far, but I'm not feeling the joy here.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MTHead wrote:My peeps are always asking me for speakers, so I jumped on this: three of the HD/50s, two of the SX/30s. The HDs arrived so fast I had no idea what was in the box (it has Amazon tape on it), so kudos for quick shipping!

Unfortunately, they're DOA. They came with power adapters - which the listing said they didn't - which was a pleasant surprise until I tried to plug 'em in and turn 'em on. No light from the LED, no sund from the speakers. I tested the power supplies with a multimeter, and they're dead as the dodo, so... not such a pleasant surprise after all.

I bought some C cells and popped 'em in, and still: no light, no sound. I've only opened two sets so far, but I'm not feeling the joy here.

Sorry for the problem. Please email support@woot.com so they can assist you.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ItsBob2112

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ItsBob2112

My third pair just arrived and with the the power cord, woot!! Now if you can sell me 7 more I'll have 8 complete pairs. Waddaya say Woot???
Well done with my order btw. I had a bunch of things and your crew nailed it! Thanks

Wooter to blame for sellout: ItsBob2112

mikezambrano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikezambrano

I just recieved one of the 3 pairs i ordered but i cant try them out because they didnt come with the AC adaptors that were listed in specs as being supplied with them. can woot send me the adaptors please

manhandsha

quality posts: 41 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

mikezambrano wrote:I just recieved one of the 3 pairs i ordered but i cant try them out because they didnt come with the AC adaptors that were listed in specs as being supplied with them. can woot send me the adaptors please

Bummer! I'd recommend emailing Woot Member Services, be sure to include your order number and user name. support@woot.com.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.