WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Window Panels for Your Home

When you've got the itch to do some birdwatching, you need windows to see outside. But if you've got too many windows, you'll have no privacy when the birds have the itch to do some peoplewatching. That's why we're putting you in control of who's doing the watching ... with window panels!

Quality Posts

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy

How well do you think these would keep the light out? I have a pair of suede like window panels now that keep the light out very well, almost like black out curtains, but they are getting worn out and old looking. These look nice for the price as long as they are dark enough.

billyjoebob007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billyjoebob007

Wheres that sale on the curtain rods when ya need it ?

billyjoebob007

traquy wrote:How well do you think these would keep the light out? I have a pair of suede like window panels now that keep the light out very well, almost like black out curtains, but they are getting worn out and old looking. These look nice for the price as long as they are dark enough.

Reviews on Amazon say they are on the lightweight/sheer side

jwf9403

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwf9403

The pictures show floor length. I hope so...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jwf9403 wrote:The pictures show floor length. I hope so...

84" = Floor length on a standard window.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rrussell

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rrussell

"Window Panels?"

Whatever happened to "Drapes?"

sixfofalcon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sixfofalcon

Grommet tops suck. Can we get some tab tops or perhaps even legit drapes with the hidden hook attachments for rings?

thebeelzebub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebeelzebub

The curtain rods were not a sale. They were the same price on Amazon, from Amazon. Search for Rulu curtain rod.

billyjoebob007 wrote:Wheres that sale on the curtain rods when ya need it ?

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 39 Private Messages Pufferfishy

Worried about the accuracy of the colors on the solid color panels - clearly they've taken a single image and simply re-skinned them with color - that's generally not too accurate.....

You've been put on posting probation for this post

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

rrussell wrote:"Window Panels?"

Whatever happened to "Drapes?"

Good ol' internet cleared things up.

Drapes
A drape is a long piece of heavy, often lined, fabric that is hung in front of a window. They are most likely long enough to touch the floor, have pleats and hang from hooks that attach to the curtain rod.

versus

Panels
Panels are made of a light material and cut shorter than a drape. The curtain rod goes through the length of the top of the panel, and the panel is flat and unpleated.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

PemberDucky

Staff

Pufferfishy wrote:Worried about the accuracy of the colors on the solid color panels - clearly they've taken a single image and simply re-skinned them with color - that's generally not too accurate.....

is there a specific color you're eyeing? we might be able to help find another image or somesuch.

rrussell

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rrussell
PemberDucky wrote:Good ol' internet cleared things up.

Drapes
A drape is a long piece of heavy, often lined, fabric that is hung in front of a window. They are most likely long enough to touch the floor, have pleats and hang from hooks that attach to the curtain rod.

versus

Panels
Panels are made of a light material and cut shorter than a drape. The curtain rod goes through the length of the top of the panel, and the panel is flat and unpleated.

Well then.

We've sure come a long way from college, when we just threw a tarp over the window.

spokesmolly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spokesmolly

Would love to see Woot carry some 108" panels. I don't live in a munchkin house.

ThunderThighs

Staff

spokesmolly wrote:Would love to see Woot carry some 108" panels. I don't live in a munchkin house.

I've passed on your request.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jumcdona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jumcdona

Black out curtains would be fabulous! Please Woot!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Pufferfishy wrote:Worried about the accuracy of the colors on the solid color panels - clearly they've taken a single image and simply re-skinned them with color - that's generally not too accurate.....

Heard back. This is vendor art and the most accurate they have. Keep in mind that the colors can vary from monitor to monitor as well.

FORUM MODERATOR

shannonwig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shannonwig
PemberDucky wrote:is there a specific color you're eyeing? we might be able to help find another image or somesuch.

I am interested in the ivory sheers. The picture looks a little greenish to me. Usually ivory is like a warm color not so cool looking. Do you know if that is more of the true color?

sfgman55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfgman55

Does anyone know the dimensions of the panels? Don't seem to see that info. I saw someone post 84". Is that accurate? What's the width of each panel?

ThunderThighs

Staff

sfgman55 wrote:Does anyone know the dimensions of the panels? Don't seem to see that info. I saw someone post 84". Is that accurate? What's the width of each panel?

I'm guessing you found the ONE sale where that info was missing. I reported it.

Each panel measures 40" x 84”

FORUM MODERATOR

tinker72206

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinker72206

Just got these in the mail and they were not grommets they are rod curtains,

sixfofalcon wrote:Grommet tops suck. Can we get some tab tops or perhaps even legit drapes with the hidden hook attachments for rings?

tinker72206

Bought these expecting Grommet top and they are a rod top. Also very sheer got the purple and you can see right through them!

futurekill

quality posts: 1 Private Messages futurekill
tinker72206 wrote:Bought these expecting Grommet top and they are a rod top. Also very sheer got the purple and you can see right through them!

*Not* grommet top? Way to misrepresent the products, woot. :/

Why do people list their purchases here? Consumerist Pride? e-peen tape measure? Why The Frown??

kimberlymq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimberlymq

Did anyone get the wrong panels? I got sheer rod pocket panel pairs, not grommet panels such as the picture.

Edit - I see others have gotten the wrong thing as well.

Will there be a fix?

boo1678

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boo1678

Just received the above window drapes. Not only are they a grey- green color instead of blue, like I ordered. They also are NOT the same style as the picture that I ordered off of. Do I have to pay return postage for their screw up? I have been buying from Woot for 3 years and this is the first hiccup

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

boo1678 wrote:Just received the above window drapes. Not only are they a grey- green color instead of blue, like I ordered. They also are NOT the same style as the picture that I ordered off of. Do I have to pay return postage for their screw up? I have been buying from Woot for 3 years and this is the first hiccup

Sounds like there might be a bit of a mixup.

I would write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. Be sure to include your username and order number so they can help you in a timely fashion.

chadrobertson75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chadrobertson75
tinker72206 wrote:Just got these in the mail and they were not grommets they are rod curtains,

Same thing happened to me!

tinker72206

Contact Woot, they will refund your money. I contacted them about the same issue, they said they were issuing a credit and I could keep the curtains.

kimberlymq wrote:Did anyone get the wrong panels? I got sheer rod pocket panel pairs, not grommet panels such as the picture.

Edit - I see others have gotten the wrong thing as well.

Will there be a fix?

ji11ian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ji11ian

I was suprised when i opened my pkge today. I ordered the chocolate zebra panels and got the ivory sheer. I am happy i am not the only one and will email support in a quick minute.

kimberlymq

tinker72206 wrote:Contact Woot, they will refund your money. I contacted them about the same issue, they said they were issuing a credit and I could keep the curtains.

I did contact them. This is what they have to say for now "Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

I'm very sorry about that. We have reached out to the appropriate staff to have this addressed with the vendor. I would suggest contacting us on Tuesday if you've not received an update from us by that point.

We very much apologize for the inconvenience. "

So we will see next week if something has been done.

pipejaimes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pipejaimes

I too received the wrong color, I ordered Chocolate but got Ivory.

PemberDucky

Staff

Sorry for the swaps that have happened, everyone.
As mentioned above, please get in touch with CS by email Support@Woot.com so we can get this resolved.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

tchnikalnc66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tchnikalnc66

TOTAL BULLCRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOT how could you? I'm so disappointed I may never purchase anything else from this site. Amazon should fire you all and start over.

First off: I see that I'm not the only one that got the incorrect items. I also ordered the one with grommets and received the rod style. So don't even go there that this is a RANDOM goof.

Second: I ordered two sets and only received one!

Third: Why did it take so long to ship the wrong product?

Conclusion: WOOT is selling items before they or the producer have them in stock.

novaluna87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages novaluna87

Anybody else feeding frustrated waiting for their shipment?

billyjoebob007

novaluna87 wrote:Anybody else feeding frustrated waiting for their shipment?

It took forever to get mine and one of the curtains is 3" shorter than the other, at least i got the right color and the grommet type ones, LoL .

manhandsha

quality posts: 36 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

billyjoebob007 wrote:It took forever to get mine and one of the curtains is 3" shorter than the other, at least i got the right color and the grommet type ones, LoL .

If you have an issue with your order, Woot Member Services can help. Email them at support@woot.com, and be sure to include your order number and user name. Let us know how it goes!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

kimberlymq

manhandsha wrote:If you have an issue with your order, Woot Member Services can help. Email them at support@woot.com, and be sure to include your order number and user name. Let us know how it goes!

I did contact Support and sent in a second request this morning, as they have not responded since June 5 on what the resolution will be. Has anyone else gotten resolution on their wrong order of panels?

ThunderThighs

Staff

kimberlymq wrote:I did contact Support and sent in a second request this morning, as they have not responded since June 5 on what the resolution will be. Has anyone else gotten resolution on their wrong order of panels?

Be sure to check your email spam folder for a response as well.

FORUM MODERATOR