WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Batteries

No, you're not just seeing things. We're selling batteries. YEAH! Actual batteries! Like those things that charge up your Walkman and Game Boy and remote control. Oh boy! Can you contain your excitement? We sure can't! That's why we're selling so many of them. Whooo-eeee! BATTERIES!

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Could we have some enloops with a better charger. Pleeeeeease.

alextse

quality posts: 24 Private Messages alextse
jiggersgreen wrote:Could we have some enloops with a better charger. Pleeeeeease.

Or just some straight Eneloops (no charger)?

sixfofalcon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sixfofalcon

I agree with the wooters above--the Eneloop charger offered here is pretty crappy. It's entirely too big considering it's only a 4-AA charger, and the voltage output is weak to boot. (Precisely why it's being dumped on Woot, I'm sure.)

ebaudais

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ebaudais

How many milliamperes-hours are the AA batteries from AC Delco?

Barc7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barc7

Yep. Let's have the Eneloop batt'ries w/o the charger. How about a larger quantity of batteries, instead? Much rather get a smart charger (one that conditions the batteries) instead of the rather simple one this is.

natrldsastr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natrldsastr

AAA eneloops plz. No charger, more batteries.

ty_ping

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ty_ping
alextse wrote:Or just some straight Eneloops (no charger)?

This.

meghano1989

quality posts: 5 Private Messages meghano1989

I also vote for AAA Eneloops please!

cosmicpea

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cosmicpea

Or how 'bout some AA Eneloops with more than two "C" or "D" size adapters. I've seen multipacks with only two adapters. I have things that take 3 to 8 C or D cells. Already got plenty of AAs! And I got rid of the crappy charger and got a LaCrosse.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I've passed on your request for more Enloops.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

redstang

quality posts: 3 Private Messages redstang
alextse wrote:Or just some straight Eneloops (no charger)?

Another vote for a deal with no charger. I have like 10 chargers; give us a good deal on straight-up eneloops! Thanks WOOT!

Timing is everything - especially when wOOting!

vortus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vortus

tbh, I am just hopeful that they are the glitter eneloops shown in the picture. as glitter eneloop isn't actually listed in the description.

ThunderThighs

Staff

vortus wrote:tbh, I am just hopeful that they are the glitter eneloops shown in the picture. as glitter eneloop isn't actually listed in the description.

That's the only enloops we've sold so far so you'll get the pretty colors.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

aau007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aau007

Why do you collect CA sales tax on shipping and handling?

$18 + $5 s/h and checkout estimated sales tax to be $2.07.

$18x3 + $5 s/h and checkout estimated sales tax to be $5.31

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

aau007 wrote:Why do you collect CA sales tax on shipping and handling?

$18 + $5 s/h and checkout estimated sales tax to be $2.07.

$18x3 + $5 s/h and checkout estimated sales tax to be $5.31

Effective September 15, 2012, Woot, Inc. was required to begin collecting sales tax on orders shipped to destinations in California.

The taxes should already be factored in before shipping and handling.

aau007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aau007

Oh, sorry. I understand you may be required to collect CA sales tax. Just don't understand why you are collecting CA sales tax on shipping and handling.

Shipping and handling fees are generally tax excempt in CA. There are certain exceptions to this rule but not for general merchandise like this.

In the checkout cart, tax was calculated on shipping and handling. See my math above.

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou

OK, I've had a 100 pack of batteries in my cart for 3 days now. I'm waiting for ANYTHING ELSE I want, to save on shipping.

Notice I'm STILL waiting?

Woot! there is a shark, back, in your wake. (Have a Happy Days fan explain.)

steve

ilta

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ilta

I'll join the chorus of requests for a good deal on just Eneloops. AA or AAA, I could use more of both.

But using dumb chargers hurts batteries and that's a real shame to do to a battery as well-designed as those guys. Given that I'd just chuck the charger and factoring in the $5 shipping, it's cheaper to just buy the batteries elsewhere. I'd bite if we were more in the $10-12 range (before shipping) for 8 AAs.

beauboy9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beauboy9

Are the Panasonics loose as shown or packaged retail-like?

sorourke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sorourke

What's the best charger to buy to use with the eneloop batteries?

vortus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vortus

They arrived, and are indeed the 2000 mah anniversary glitter eneloops. They are packaged in the anniversary eneloops package. Charger isn't to bad, though I'd recommend a maha c9000 or a I4 v3 intellicharger by either jetbeam or sysmax, pretty much same charger.

Thanks woot!

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady

C'mon Woot... just sell the charger without those glitzy eneloops... I need cheapo chargers in all my rooms, and the car.

What will I do with all those foo-foo batteries.

ThunderThighs

Staff

@woottoady: Love the post. I've sent your request on to the proper authorities.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
sorourke wrote:What's the best charger to buy to use with the eneloop batteries?

I can't tell you what the best is, but I did a lot of research (too much) and this one seems to be the least expensive recommended (by the Internets) one.

The price on Amazon.com fluctuates. I got mine for just under $30.

You can spend more and get better.

I think this is a decent price for the sparkly Eneloops. The last time I was at Costco they had none. Before that they had ten plain ones with a similar charger for $25.