WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pantry Raiding

OK, we'll admit it: There's something a little bit weird about buying food from a discount deal-a-day site. But it could be worse -- you could be doing all your grocery shopping at T.J. Maxx or Marshall's. Not that those aren't reputable retailers in their own right, but c'mon...

Afro68

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Afro68

At these prices, I'll stick to Marshall's.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

I bought a bottle of garlic infused olive oil from Ross (same type of store as TJMaxx & Marshalls) for $2.99. It was so good that I went back the following day to buy the rest....gone. Anyway, you can really find some great deals there.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

stinawargo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages stinawargo

I've got both the pumpkin pie & the bellagio unsweetened cocoa powder. The pumpkin pie made a very satisfactory pie; note that you will need a deep dish pie pan for these pie mixes. The unsweetened cocoa powder was used to make chocolate cupcakes & chocolate rum frosting for Mother's Day, and my MIL ate almost the full dozen by herself, she liked them that much. Note that the cocoa powder is NOT dutch process.
Final word: if you care about your baking, go ahead and get the chocolate. If you have no clue how to make a good pie and you want to fake it, go ahead and get the pie mix.

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57

I've gone on one of these raids a time or two — kind of like a scavenger hunt, with benefits. Why, I remember once.....wait, you said pantRy raid.

Never mind.

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad

Wish they carried stuff like this except without the Corn Syrup. I avoid the stuff.

Neenie2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Neenie2

3:02 am. Drunkish. And, now I want beef jerky. Thanks, Woot