WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Stansport Inflatable Boats

Riding in an inflatable boat is the ultimate sign of trust. Nothing says "I don't think you're the type of person to puncture my boat and send me careening around the lake" like jumping in a raft. Conversely, they're also a great way to determine who your enemies are. 
Stansport official site

ch3fdan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ch3fdan

Are the green and white boat the same size? From other websites it seems the white boat is 11.5' where the green boat is 9'4".

Considering a purchase but if one is bigger than the other I'd like to purchase the bigger one.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ch3fdan wrote:Are the green and white boat the same size? From other websites it seems the white boat is 11.5' where the green boat is 9'4".

Considering a purchase but if one is bigger than the other I'd like to purchase the bigger one.

I'm seeing them as the same size and what we have shown. Make sure you're searching with the model numbers:

Stansport 421 Kenai 9
Stansport 421-15 Kenai 9

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ch3fdan

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm seeing them as the same size and what we have shown. Make sure you're searching with the model numbers:

Stansport 421 Kenai 9
Stansport 421-15 Kenai 9

I'm just alittle confused because on amazon from what I can find it says the white one is 9'7" and the green is 9'4" and the picture makes the white look bigger. Is there any way you could find out for me fore sure before I order one?

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy

I should ask the hubby about one of these. We live on the river and routinely go down in our inflatable kayaks, but there have been several times when we could use an extra boat around for friends to come with us on a whim. This seems like a good price from what I've seen around.

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick

Does it come with Flippy Floppies?

waterdogdad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waterdogdad

Does it come with paddles?

ThunderThighs

Staff

ch3fdan wrote:I'm just alittle confused because on amazon from what I can find it says the white one is 9'7" and the green is 9'4" and the picture makes the white look bigger. Is there any way you could find out for me fore sure before I order one?

Just heard back from the vendor.

The 421 and 421-15 are 9’4” L and 4’8” Wide. Weighs 32 lbs.

Our sale will be updated to reflect this.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

waterdogdad wrote:Does it come with paddles?

Per the features:

2 five-foot aluminum paddles

FORUM MODERATOR

toonvox

quality posts: 7 Private Messages toonvox

I would really like the lowdown on the motor mounts since there seems to be nothing but vagueness when I search. I'm guessing those things that look like handles are the mounts? How does a trolling motor attach to them? And if I wanted a true motor mount, does the Sea Eagle mount shown here work on the Kenai 9? I just would love a definitive answer about this. Thanks!

ThunderThighs

Staff

toonvox wrote:I would really like the lowdown on the motor mounts since there seems to be nothing but vagueness when I search. I'm guessing those things that look like handles are the mounts? How does a trolling motor attach to them? And if I wanted a true motor mount, does the Sea Eagle mount shown here work on the Kenai 9? I just would love a definitive answer about this. Thanks!

Probably worth a call to Stansport. They would be the best ones to answer that question.

FORUM MODERATOR

ldsmom7566

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ldsmom7566

We had purchased the green 9' 4" (although it was listed previously as 9'7" @ the time we ordered it) boat a couple of weeks ago when it had been offered. It is NOT 38 mils thick as advertised (which was why we purchased it instead of a comparable model from another manufacturer for less cost off of Amazon). Instead, it is ONLY 33 mils thick. However, I will say that even though it is 'thinner' than what it's being listed as, it is still a very strong, and thick boat. We ARE very happy with it. Our kids have taken it out in our pond nearly every day since it arrived. It is much bigger than we thought it would be, and is also much sturdier too. It is very different than the cheap, flimsy kind of blow-up boats & rafts that are usually blue, and/or yellow in color. These things are really tough & very well made. I was very impressed by it over all. As to one person's question regarding the 'motor mount'. It doesn't actually have the actual motor mount itself, but does have built into it the connections that you hook the motor mount into. The actual motor mounts are an accessory that can be bought for roughly $20 on up online. With them you can actually attach either a gasoline motor, or a battery powered trolling motor. They consist of 4 metal bars that attach to the stern (back) of the boat. 1 on each side on the top, and 1 on each side at the bottom corners of the boat. Then they converge together on a board which they hold firmly in place, of which you can then attach your motor to. It is a VERY STURDY mount, and works VERY WELL. I cannot say enough about these Stansport inflatable boats, they really are great, and at this price, they are a really great deal!

toonvox

ldsmom7566 wrote:We had purchased the green 9' 4" (although it was listed previously as 9'7" @ the time we ordered it) boat a couple of weeks ago when it had been offered. It is NOT 38 mils thick as advertised (which was why we purchased it instead of a comparable model from another manufacturer for less cost off of Amazon). Instead, it is ONLY 33 mils thick. However, I will say that even though it is 'thinner' than what it's being listed as, it is still a very strong, and thick boat. We ARE very happy with it. Our kids have taken it out in our pond nearly every day since it arrived. It is much bigger than we thought it would be, and is also much sturdier too. It is very different than the cheap, flimsy kind of blow-up boats & rafts that are usually blue, and/or yellow in color. These things are really tough & very well made. I was very impressed by it over all. As to one person's question regarding the 'motor mount'. It doesn't actually have the actual motor mount itself, but does have built into it the connections that you hook the motor mount into. The actual motor mounts are an accessory that can be bought for roughly $20 on up online. With them you can actually attach either a gasoline motor, or a battery powered trolling motor. They consist of 4 metal bars that attach to the stern (back) of the boat. 1 on each side on the top, and 1 on each side at the bottom corners of the boat. Then they converge together on a board which they hold firmly in place, of which you can then attach your motor to. It is a VERY STURDY mount, and works VERY WELL. I cannot say enough about these Stansport inflatable boats, they really are great, and at this price, they are a really great deal!

Great info...thanks! I purchased the white boat last time sport.woot! offered them and have yet to take it out of the box.

So are there two more motor mount eyelets on the back tailgate of this boat? (I'm really miffed that there are NO photos of the back of this boat anywhere online, so I'll probably have to unravel it to see.)

I'm doing a hunt for one, and I keep seeing the Intex and Sea Eagle mounts...wondering if either will work. Still...thanks again!

toonvox

Success! Finally got verification from Stansport that the Sea Eagle MM3 transom mount will work on the Kenai 9.

ThunderThighs

Staff

toonvox wrote:Success! Finally got verification from Stansport that the Sea Eagle MM3 transom mount will work on the Kenai 9.

YAY!

FORUM MODERATOR

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

Are these like the zodiac blow up boats. It seem to be able to mount a motor just like the zodiac.

ch3fdan

Mine arrived yesterday and it is fantastic! Took it out fishing for 4 hours today with 3 people and there was plenty of room for everyone with gear and fishing poles. The boat is actually very sturdy and once I got on the water I wasn't nervous at all about it anymore. Definetly worth $100 and I'm looking forward to using it all summer.