WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Field Trip Jerky

Remember when you took that field trip to the farm as a kid? And saw all those pretty animals? Well, with Field Trip Jerky, you can relive that experience. Except for now you're eating the animals. And they're delicious.

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick

Nutritional information:
Honey Spice:

Teriyaki

Original

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick

If you buy one 6-pack, it's $24.80/lb + shipping. Which isn't bad, if it's really good jerky.

Why it there soy and wheat in it?

kyle1193

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyle1193
thumperchick wrote:If you buy one 6-pack, it's $24.80/lb + shipping. Which isn't bad, if it's really good jerky.

Why it there soy and wheat in it?

Because all three types contain soy sauce sauce which contain soy and wheat.

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik

Does anyone know (from personal experience, maybe) if this is the typical semi-moist storebought style of jerky, or the old-school chew-until-your-jaw-cramps kind? I only like the dry stuff.

I'm very interested in jerky, Woot, but only if it's "real" jerky. I haven't seen it offered yet.

danibobanny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danibobanny

Well, considering how much sugar is in it (more sugar than protein in all but the "original," and even in that one it's nearly a 1:1 ratio), I would think it would be the soft, sugary kind. This is basically meat candy.

itoaseik wrote:Does anyone know (from personal experience, maybe) if this is the typical semi-moist storebought style of jerky, or the old-school chew-until-your-jaw-cramps kind? I only like the dry stuff.

I'm very interested in jerky, Woot, but only if it's "real" jerky. I haven't seen it offered yet.

billjac2000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billjac2000

For the record, the price for the variety six-pack at Field Trip's website is $36, not $42, but $20 is still a deal.

On the texture issue, an Amazon review says "you do not have a sore jaw after eating it" so it's the moister sort.

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik

"The downfall of these United States will be complete when even her beef jerky has become soft and saccharine"
-Abraham Lincoln*

*not a real person

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

The best jerky is the stuff that is actually wood smoked, rather than marinaded in liquid smoke.

crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest
itoaseik wrote:"The downfall of these United States will be complete when even her beef jerky has become soft and saccharine"
-Abraham Lincoln*

lmao

*not a real person

@crowsnest531

sykotek

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sykotek

Has anyone had experience eating Field Trip Jerky? I'm wondering if it's cut thick or thin.

sunnysideup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunnysideup

Was just at the local supermarket an hour ago looking at the loads of jerky they sell trying to fill a craving...all with horrible additives/preservatives so came home with none.

I come home and look on woot. It's a sign...I bought the multi-pack.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

I think the cost of beef jerky can range from $10 a pound (deep discount) to more than $35 a pound, and the old adage of "you get what you pay for" generally applies, so price wise this is not a bad deal. Seems to be high quality, if it really doesn't have any junk in it.

No junk in the jerky?

mdnorman

It's strange that the packages shown here on woot show "Field" but the packaging featured on the company's website says "Field Trip."

Whassup wit dat?! Geez... That's disturbing.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mdnorman wrote:It's strange that the packages shown here on woot show "Field" but the packaging featured on the company's website says "Field Trip."

Whassup wit dat?! Geez... That's disturbing.

New packaging maybe?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mdnorman

ThunderThighs wrote:New packaging maybe?

Most likely... Anything else would be weird. I mean, ya know, it's not possible that woot just got this stuff off the back of somebody's pickup truck. No. It's gotta be new packaging, or something weird.

breaddrink

quality posts: 20 Private Messages breaddrink

Gah you people make me feel like an old lady for my comments, but I have to say it anyway.
I cook, a lot, and...

If you like jerky. Just buy a dehydrator. It'll cost you perhaps twice this deals price.
You leave it running in the garage or wherever. They cost about the same as a desk fan to run.

It uses super cheap London broil type cuts (the low fat and tough slow cooking meat types).
You can make it by the pound for virtually nothing once you're set up.

Beef and salt and pepper. There's your ingredients list.
It makes Jerky that will blow your head off it's so good, simply because it isn't so packed full of flavorings/sugar.

I know I'm annoying. I'll go away now

shaver

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shaver

I don't get it. They are sold out on the package with all 3 flavors, but somehow still have all 3 flavors for sale individually?

-Chad

brfiesin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages brfiesin

I've bought this stuff a few times. It's actually pretty good. Its not the really chewy kind, but it is definitely better than most I've picked up at the store.

They changed their name a few months back. They used to just be "Field" and then became "Field Trip". Not sure completely WHY but it may have something to do with Fields being a Chinese seller of meats and stuff, and they didn't want to be associated with a chinese manufacturer?

My formal review is that this stuff is good, but you pay for it. If it were cheaper I'd buy it all the time, but at the premium price I only buy it occasionally. If your the kind of person who pays more for higher quality stuff, you'll find this worth it. If you are a discount-seeker who only likes the cheapest stuff in the world you'll probably be disappointed. While the quality is there, the packages are pretty small... You could easily eat an entire package in a sitting.

If I had kids that ate Jerky, this would be the only kind I'd give them though. Its not full of all the scary stuff some of the other ones have. Its a fairly healthy snack compared to the alternatives.

I woot too much.

tmusson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tmusson
breaddrink wrote:
Beef and salt and pepper. There's your ingredients list.
It makes Jerky that will blow your head off it's so good, simply because it isn't so packed full of flavorings/sugar.

That's exactly what I'm looking for! You should start a business! (Or, I could make my own...??)
I was so excited about this product until I saw it was 1/4 or more sugar and has soy and wheat. Does not mix with a Paleo diet